Community MetaSteam | February 2019 - The Frontier of the Hyper-Toxic Pro-Consumer Computer Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
What is STEINS;GATE: Linear Bounded Phenogram anyway? Is this a side story of the main game?
It's a second fandisk for Steins;Gate, with several short side stories of a varying quality (from pretty bad to rather decent).
(Don't worry, you're not missing out on the first fandisk. The stories there were almost uniformly terrible, only saving grace was a short story where Okabe was gay and boned male Luca)

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
There is a 6-week delay between a game going on sale, and then doing another sale right? (For Steam.)

So basically no chance Fate/Extella goes on sale again before Extella Link is out?

Shoulda spent more money during Lunar New Year sale. :whistle:

Reactions: lashman

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Honestly, personally I think that's just annoying when some forums do it.

I'll try to give Metacouncil exclusivity to all my posts that might garner any attention in the future (if any) ;)
Mhm, quick question.

In the November PC Era thread, you made a comment that flew under a lot of radars (but not mine!) regarding an old console exclusive and that you might have news for us in 2019 regarding it.

Is that still true? If yes, is this a project from your newly announced studio or just you?

Not asking you to name the title, and if you can't say anything that's fine too. Just curious. :whistle:

Dec 5, 2018
Played a couple of hours of Kiwami.
I feel like I've spent like an 80% of the time just watching cutscenes. I know I should have expected this but still.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Mhm, quick question.

In the November PC Era thread, you made a comment that flew under a lot of radars (but not mine!) regarding an old console exclusive and that you might have news for us in 2019 regarding it.

Is that still true? If yes, is this a project from your newly announced studio or just you?

Not asking you to name the title, and if you can't say anything that's fine too. Just curious. :whistle:
I can sadly tell you that that particular project I was hinting at back then isn't happening (due to third party technology licensing issues).
Sorry :(

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I can sadly tell you that that particular project I was hinting at back then isn't happening (due to third party technology licensing issues).
One has to wonder how many console-exclusive UE3 games are left that haven't been ported to PC (and won't be now that Epic has shuttered support for the engine).
Anything other than Gears 2/3 and Lost Odyssey?

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
hmm not sure ... i generally like animes (never watched SG though) , but I generally dislike everything VN (especially when it doesnt have additional nonreading sections to change things up )

Maybe i am just better off by watching the anime instead of trying to go to a genre dont like :) and then reading up sumaries about changes and different endings
My suggestion is to do what I did.

I watched the anime, loved it, and then got into the VNs. Played 0 and enjoyed it, even if it was a bit goofy in some ways.

Although admittedly, I've never finished the original VN because I kept forgetting about it halfway through.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
One has to wonder how many console-exclusive UE3 games are left that haven't been ported to PC (and won't be now that Epic has shuttered support for the engine).
I could name a bunch from my PS3 collection alone.
The one that really stings me is Drag-on Dragoon 3.

... Well I shouldn't let it bug me too much though because it's not like PC has the previous DoD's either. >_<
Emulation I guess will have to suffice for keeping these titles alive. Sigh.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
News - Changes to Video Content on Steam
For the past few years, we have worked on expanding Steam beyond games and software by building a video platform that supports paid and free video content. In reviewing what Steam users actually watch, it became clear we should focus our effort on offering content that is either directly related to gaming or, is accessory content for games or software sold on Steam.

As part of this refocus, we have retired the Video section of the Steam Store menu with an expectation that video content is discovered via the associated game or software store page, or through search, user tags, recommendations, etc.

Over the coming weeks a number of non-gaming videos will be retired and will no longer be available for purchase. Previously purchased content will remain available to owners.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Is Asura's Wrath UE3?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I'm really curios which game it was.
But since you're NDA bound, how about this:

If it was lost oddysey please don't post anything for the next 5 minutes
Post automatically merged:

FUCK I KNEW IT!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

FUCK I KNEW IT!!!!!

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So, One Piece World Seeker is only $18 in my region, more than half the regular pricing for Bamco games which is $40.

But still, I'm not sure what to make of it, it's either:

- a pricing mistake, so they'll adjust it later (like what happened in some other games before)
- they finally re-evaluate their pricing policy for some regions, including mine
- it's just a one-off occurence

I hate this, because it kinda urge me to pre-order as soon as possible, in case the first point happens.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
So, One Piece World Seeker is only $18 in my region, more than half the regular pricing for Bamco games which is $40.

But still, I'm not sure what to make of it, it's either:

- a pricing mistake, so they'll adjust it later (like what happened in some other games before)
- they finally re-evaluate their pricing policy for some regions, including mine
- it's just a one-off occurence

I hate this, because it kinda urge me to pre-order as soon as possible, in case the first point happens.
You can always preorder and refund

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
well ok then :p it's nothing awfully exciting ... but i guess it's always nice to share :)

STATS:

[Hidden content]
Hey everyone!
I'm also mostly lurking but I'll try to post more in the future. I really like the font, it's so nice to look at.

Quick question. Is there a reason that there's no more 5:6 avatar support on XenForo?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Based on a post by Alexandros I thought I'd pop into the Microsoft store and see what kind of games or software it'd recommend or promote

So far so good~ Let's see what else it ha-

Hmmm....
OK let's be fair and see what the rest of the page shows, scrolling down!

Ah that's more like it! BUT WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THE GAME SO FAR DOWN FOR ?!?!
Honestly the fact that it has a section for 'Top Free Games' makes me want to slap the morons that insist on treating this thing as some kind of mobile app even on PC.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Lollipop Chainsaw for one, underrated game that needs a PC port

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Muthafuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

So this whole time
THIS WHOLE TIME
the reason I wouldn't be able to connect my DS4s wirelessly is because the Xbox bar wasn't updated? I saw I had updates when I took those screenshots and one of them was for the xbox bar. I update it, update my Windows 10, I restart and now my controller is FINALLY recognized wirelessly.

EDIT: Oh I checked out steam without logging in and here's what the first thing it showed me was

I think the first page on steam would need some improvements but overall if it can recommend a recently released well received indie game among the first stuff in that marquee, I'd say we are off to a good start :V
I used Opera+VPN just to check

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Kvik

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Muthafuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

So this whole time
THIS WHOLE TIME
the reason I wouldn't be able to connect my DS4s wirelessly is because the Xbox bar wasn't updated? I saw I had updates when I took those screenshots and one of them was for the xbox bar. I update it, update my Windows 10, I restart and now my controller is FINALLY recognized wirelessly.
Crazy indeed. :steam_pig_shocked:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Based on a post by Alexandros I thought I'd pop into the Microsoft store and see what kind of games or software it'd recommend or promote

So far so good~ Let's see what else it ha-

Hmmm....
OK let's be fair and see what the rest of the page shows, scrolling down!

Ah that's more like it! BUT WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THE GAME SO FAR DOWN FOR ?!?!
Honestly the fact that it has a section for 'Top Free Games' makes me want to slap the morons that insist on treating this thing as some kind of mobile app even on PC.
Since you brought it up, I'm curious to find out if the community here knows of digital stores (the type of content doesn't matter) that do a good job of highlighting relevant content and interesting new releases. If you wanted Steam to copy features from other stores, which stores and features would those be?

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Since you brought it up, I'm curious to find out if the community here knows of digital stores (the type of content doesn't matter) that do a good job of highlighting relevant content and interesting new releases. If you wanted Steam to copy features from other stores, which stores and features would those be?
Here's what you see when you go to wingamestore, Macgamestore would be similar (click image then enlarge it)

One thing I'd like them to update is the tabs under the big banner; it should be easier to read if it were in a bigger font at least.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
This site is broken for me on mobile now, I can't go to lastest post in my watched, it goes to first page regardless. There is no recent post button xD

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Seems like Vampyr and Oxygen Not Included have popped up on the EGS. Free soon? Do either devs have games coming soon ripe for poaching?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hey everyone!
I'm also mostly lurking but I'll try to post more in the future. I really like the font, it's so nice to look at.
awww, thanks :) i like it too :D

Quick question. Is there a reason that there's no more 5:6 avatar support on XenForo?
it's just something they did for Xenforo2 ... dunno why :( but yeah - XF2 only supports square avatars out of the box, sadly

This site is broken for me on mobile now, I can't go to lastest post in my watched, it goes to first page regardless. There is no recent post button xD
what? how? :( got a screenshot or something?

Seems like Vampyr and Oxygen Not Included have popped up on the EGS. Free soon? Do either devs have games coming soon ripe for poaching?
well DONTNOD has that "mindfuck" game they're doing for Bamco ... Twin Mirror

as for Klei:

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, going on the store page, Griftlands is going Epic exclusive. Seems like they removed parts of it in January.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oxygen Not Included isn't finished yet, so they could go exclusive with that for the full release. That would be the shittiest of moves so no way do I believe that to happen.

But yeah nothing wrong with games also being on EGS, that is the kind of competition that I want to see.
one game already did that .... forgot the name, but back when discord launched their store - one game was in early access on steam ... and they made the 1.0 version exclusive (timed) to discord

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
@lashman I thought numbers or that small arrow next to posters name would work...
huh, that's really weird .... it should go to the first unread post if there are new posts .... i'll look into it, thanks for letting me know

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
We will probably see more of EGS stuff happening, since they are probably worried about having competition to Fortnight with Apex, so they need to make moves..

Also you know what I miss, when Larian had that "L L Larian" intro.XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.