Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Almost 1 month after the JP release, no EU date, and more important, no PC announcement...

Hard pass.

This and after playing the beta... no thanks. I know jackshit about the source material, though. Just that it's based on a browser game that happens to be in english too. One that you run on your PC and runs a browser on your phone to run the game.

Hmm... HMM... did I get anything wrong?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Speaking of GBF. I was looking at some GBF merchandise that the place I get my things from had. I saw a plush doll of djeeta. I saw the price of $30USD and thought that was a bit high but not a terrible price. I saw another plush doll and that one was $50 USD. I was wondering why it cost way more. Doll that looks "vanilla" cost $50USD and doll that has a class outfit cost $30USD.

It took me a while to figure out the $30USD "doll" was just clothes for the $50 USD "vanilla doll". ......

So it would maybe be almost $100 USD for the doll with that outfit.

I don't play GBF, but what I have played (lore wise) was very impressive and how everything is voice acted.

Also I think Nintendo may be a cheap skate. In the English version of the draglia game there is only partial VA but in the Japanese version it's fully voiced.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
This and after playing the beta... no thanks. I know jackshit about the source material, though. Just that it's based on a browser game that happens to be in english too. One that you run on your PC and runs a browser on your phone to run the game.

Hmm... HMM... did I get anything wrong?
Basically a browser based waifu gacha game. One that popular enough to compete with FGO.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
Someone got me The Suicide of Rachel Foster for Christmas so I will definitely be trying that out. I also want to play Banner of the Maid when the English translation is officially released later this month. Otherwise I'll keep chipping away at other stuff. I finally decided to pick up Blade Runner on GOG, so I will probably run through that this month as well.

I have been slacking for the first month of the year, I haven't finished a single game. It doesn't help that one of the games I started was Pathfinder: Kingmaker, which seems to be extremely long.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
How is Legend of Runeterra ? Worth trying ?

iosefe

Refuses to use a custom tag
Sep 19, 2018
How is Legend of Runeterra ? Worth trying ?
So far yes. Many decks work, and no one can be a whale and come out ahead that way.

If you decided to join up, basic tips

-for more early cards per region, level to 4 or 5 then switch.
-dont be afraid to experiment with decks to find what works. There is not real Meta, but a few things are a little bit more prominent.
-dontbwaste your shards on cards. Save them for potentially doing expeditions, which is a draft mode

There are a bunch of tutorials to get you started, but check a few gameplay guides if you must

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hello February. Soon we will have spring!

Anyone play Dishonored 2 with the steam controller? I can't get it to feel "good", somehow it just feel little bit off, like the aim is just a bit too flaky.

Edit: Hmh seems Steam controller doesn't work that well with Dishonored 2, it keeps flickering between controller icons and M/KB because it thinks the right touch pad on the Steam controller is a mouse movement. People have been complaining about it since 2017 so I guess it never got a fix.

Last edited:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Hello February. Soon we will have spring!

Anyone play Dishonored 2 with the steam controller? I can't get it to feel "good", somehow it just feel little bit off, like the aim is just a bit too flaky.

Edit: Hmh seems Steam controller doesn't work that well with Dishonored 2, it keeps flickering between controller icons and M/KB because it thinks the right touch pad on the Steam controller is a mouse movement. People have been complaining about it since 2017 so I guess it never got a fix.
If that is indeed the case, try a mouse/keyboard-based config.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Ah, new month already :suicide-blob:
I will resist to play worst 2d King's Quest game (already did KQ marathon.. but without Mask of Eternity)

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Anybody else use GOG as their main platform?
With the new GOG Galaxy 2,0 client, I could see that easily becoming the case.
The most time I spent with Gog was probably during my time playing WItcher 3. Other than that GOG is my go-to place for old games, mostly.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Decided to go through Costume Quest as I've been putting off replaying it for a while now, and man why did they not patch it to remove 30 FPS lock?
There is a slugishness to the visuals and it is hella jarring.
Nice game otherwise. It may not have the best gameplay but it's fine for what it is and a great 'kid's first turn based RPG'.

I will resist to play worst 2d King's Quest game (already did KQ marathon.. but without Mask of Eternity)
I'm not playing the last KQ games myself actually
So...just play something else.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Exciting times! We're getting TWO Valve games back to back. Dota Underlords later this month and Half-Life in March.

That means they can finally start focusing on Artifact 2.0 :blobnerd:
Hopefully HLVR team will be moving to HLVR2, continuing where HL2.2 ends.

wishful thinking, surely won't happen :(

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Just remembered that in 13 days we should be getting Metro Exodus + DLCs on Steam, I'm guessing we will know something after the trailer of Sam's expansion, I'm going to buy it, one year is more than enough for the patches, don't think it will be fixed that much after the last re-release.

Almost 1 month after the JP release, no EU date, and more important, no PC announcement...

Hard pass.

Be patient, I'm sure it will come sooner rather than later, same as GB: ReFantasia, just no day and date

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Be patient, I'm sure it will come sooner rather than later, same as GB: ReFantasia, just no day and date
Once all the DLC and patches are done for it and nobody cares anymore. Kind of like how SNK has been doing things.

Reactions: Kandrick

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Beginning to realize I was actually very lucky with my decorations wrt MHW on PS4. So far I'm getting actually fuck all good in Iceborne on PC.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Already February, huh?
Another slow month to catch up on my anime backlog.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I expect HL:G to get the same reception as the other washed up developers who can't seem to make good game to to save their lives.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Once all the DLC and patches are done for it and nobody cares anymore. Kind of like how SNK has been doing things.
Have faith, be more positive :coffee-blob:

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Aren't most of the KQ too old to play? I see the old KQ and see you have type shit and I'm like no. You have to be old geezer + plus blinded by nostalgia to even enjoy this shit. The only playable KQ to me is Mask of Eternity and 2015 game.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I use it as my client to launch Windows Store/Game Pass, UPlay, Origin and EGS games.
I like Steams library very much (love the shelves stuff), so I use Steam and GOG, but Steam is my main.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
GOG's stuff is too expensive, and I'm sad the best version of Heroes 3 is stuck on GOG and steam version has the shit version.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Any way to get the classic Warcraft 3 now? Reforge seems shit. Would be stupid if I had to pirate Wacraft 3 classic.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm using the Steam controller so much that I basically have to launch everything through Steam, so it's more convenient to buy on Steam as well. Also leaves open the door for having an easier time using Proton in the future.
(That said, GoG is clearly #2 in my personal platform favorability rating :p)

Deleted member 113

Has there been any news on an English language version of KATANAKAMI?

The game is launching this month, but Steam continues to only list Japanese language support.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Aren't most of the KQ too old to play? I see the old KQ and see you have type shit and I'm like no. You have to be old geezer + plus blinded by nostalgia to even enjoy this shit. The only playable KQ to me is Mask of Eternity and 2015 game.
I'm 37 years old, so very close to old geezer? :Kain_baldricwaiting:
(i don't mind text parser games but most of old KQ games have fan remakes with p'n'c interface)

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Has there been any news on an English language version of KATANAKAMI?

The game is launching this month, but Steam continues to only list Japanese language support.
It's been rated in Australia and the pub is Spike-Chunsoft, so confidence is high for EN release.
The PS Store/Nintendo E-shop lists it as having multi-language support, and the SEA version is confirmed to include English.

👍

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I suddenly have strong reason to be excited for the PS5 Reveal :H02excited:

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
i cant be the only one who noticed how blizzard has acctively become worse since vivendi move on in around 2014. like since they have been fucking up alot. is this just a coincidence or something else ? i mean we had ubisoft going on stages saying they wanna remain open and free to do whatever etc to try and stop vivendi buying ubi but since ubi stopped that they have done exactly what they said vivendi would do to them ( things like exlusive store deals with egs etc )

not a coincidence right

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i cant be the only one who noticed how blizzard has acctively become worse since vivendi move on in around 2014. like since they have been fucking up alot. is this just a coincidence or something else ? i mean we had ubisoft going on stages saying they wanna remain open and free to do whatever etc to try and stop vivendi buying ubi but since ubi stopped that they have done exactly what they said vivendi would do to them ( things like exlusive store deals with egs etc )

not a coincidence right
that too ... but also activision

also - ubi were being all nice and "open" as a way to beg people to buy their shit (so vivendi doesn't take them over) ... they never actually meant any of that shit :p ditto for bethesda and "save player one"

that's what all corporations do ... and they never mean ANY of it ... the ONLY thing that counts for any of them is money, nothing else

Reactions: QFNS and PC-tan

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
that too ... but also activision

also - ubi were being all nice and "open" as a way to beg people to buy their shit (so vivendi doesn't take them over) ... they never actually meant any of that shit :p ditto for bethesda and "save player one"

that's what all corporations do ... and they never mean ANY of it ... the ONLY thing that counts for any of them is money, nothing else
Corporations are run by people, the problem also is the culture surrounding management, business and all that jazz. You don't suddenly a greedy, Scrooge McDuck-yelling suit-wearing monster as you climb the ladder. It's both the culture and the people that get picked by it.

Point is, some corporations - usually smaller-sized - prove to be an exception to what you said.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
You typed that post, didn't you? So why no typing in games? Also KQ5 and up have an icon-based interface like any modern adventure and KQ7 is the easiest of them all.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
tifa and aerith in those dresses
naruhodo. tbh, this remake mine as well not even exist for me until it's Steam page is live. Like I haven't been paying attention to it at all lol. And I'm the biggest Square-Enix fanboy I know.

I mean it's kinda easier to wait for me cuz I just think about how massive the difference was between FFXV when I played it on PS4 Pro Vs. When I play it on PC. I have no reason to believe that FFVIIR will be different.

edit: come to think of it, literally every FF I've played on PC has been better than it's console counter-part despite SE's garbo port-jobs. Just the resolution increases alone do wonders. Lightning returns at 4K w/ ReShade is just... :face-throwing-a-kiss:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You don't suddenly a greedy, Scrooge McDuck-yelling suit-wearing monster as you climb the ladder.
but that's precisely HOW you climb the ladder ... good people just don't do this ... that's how capitalism is constructed

also - it doesn't matter what the people at the top want ... they all have to answer to shareholders and their sole responsibility is to make as much money as possible, no matter what

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
edit: come to think of it, literally every FF I've played on PC has been better than it's console counter-part despite SE's garbo port-jobs. Just the resolution increases alone do wonders. Lightning returns at 4K w/ ReShade is just... :face-throwing-a-kiss:
FFXIII on PC with GeDoSaTo is just awesome. In fact I say that XIII has better graphic than XV.
Corporations are run by people, the problem also is the culture surrounding management, business and all that jazz. You don't suddenly a greedy, Scrooge McDuck-yelling suit-wearing monster as you climb the ladder. It's both the culture and the people that get picked by it.

Point is, some corporations - usually smaller-sized - prove to be an exception to what you said.
greedisgood

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I'm 37 years old, so very close to old geezer? :Kain_baldricwaiting:
(i don't mind text parser games but most of old KQ games have fan remakes with p'n'c interface)
Dang, you're older than me, gramps.
But eh as tempting as it may be to play KQ 7 and 8, if you know you'll be frustarted and not invested in it, why waste your time playing it? Just skip it, you already got better PnCs to play.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Game developers aren't supposed to last so long, its better to burn out like Clover studios then end up like a Blizzard, Bioware or Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.