Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Thank goodness for Horizon Chase.
That's so different, almost like puzzle-driving, with ideal routes etc.

It is wild how these other retro racing games won't see the light of day. I have no idea why this happens. Hopefully it's not something about the mental state of a dev that would make a classic-style racing game!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
1 hour into Gylt. It's actually really good. Hope it comes to other platforms, would never have bought it so thx to Google for giving it to me for free (until march).

Still funny how Stadia got cheevos before EGS, but Stadia doesn't have any playtime tracker (well, the playtime tracker on EGS is a rollercoaster for me, sometimes it updates after closing a game, sometimes it does not).

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Kickstarting a port is an interesting development indeed. Very curious to see what the tiers are going to be and how much their total goal is.
The game is done so stretch goals aren't really applicable here either. So, curious. Maybe a game tier and a soundtrack tier.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Wonderful 101 is a great game. It's weird to see it getting treated so badly by publishers. It probably sold badly, but c'mon it was stuck on Wii U. Still not going to back it if it's non-PC. It runs well in cemu but the controls could really benefit from m/kb.

Reactions: freshVeggie

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Kickstarting a port is an interesting development indeed. Very curious to see what the tiers are going to be and how much their total goal is.
The game is done so stretch goals aren't really applicable here either. So, curious. Maybe a game tier and a soundtrack tier.
Stretch goal - 20M $ - Have the game simship on Steam and EGS
Stretch goal 2 - 50M $ - Have the game simship on GOG

Reactions: Swenhir and lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
rip steam

So I decided to boot up Cook Serve Delicious 2. I bought on launch, but I waited to play it while Chubigans spent a while working on it post-launch. I'm really liking it. It's probably gonna push me to pick up the 3rd one soon. Can't wait for some post apocalyptic food trucking.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Have faith, be more positive :coffee-blob:
I give you permission to kick me in the nuts if I'm wrong.

I just wish they'd announce for PC already, but knowing ASW by the time it comes we'll have GBFV2 on the horizon.
ASW themselves have been way better with their business practices when it comes to fighters. Balance patches are now released instead of getting the Extend treatment. They also release simultaneously or at least very close to each other worldwide. The publishers who get ArcSys to develop the games? They're a completely different story and Cygames is the perfect example.

... for PS4 and Switch only

because that makes perfect sense
I'll give them $101 if PC (Steam) is guaranteed otherwise I couldn't give 101 fucks.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I give you permission to kick me in the nuts if I'm wrong.
No need, I respect your skepticism and I would not be surprised if you were right, however, I'm positive by nature so I want to see the bright side always. :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
rip steam

So I decided to boot up Cook Serve Delicious 2. I bought on launch, but I waited to play it while Chubigans spent a while working on it post-launch. I'm really liking it. It's probably gonna push me to pick up the 3rd one soon. Can't wait for some post apocalyptic food trucking.
Try the 2 player mode if you can, it's really funny. I tried it with BlindRhythm a couple nights ago and it was awesome.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
No need, I respect your skepticism and I would not be surprised if you were right, however, I'm positive by nature so I want to see the bright side always. :cat-heart-blob:
I just can't see a fighter in active development getting a port if it wasn't planned from the start. Since xseed had to pick it up in the US that doesn't boost much confidence. I just don't know how Cygames operates, nor what they're thinking when they do a console-only Granblue game for an audience that plays on PC/Mobile.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Deleted member 113

Thanks for the suggestions, Nabs. ;)

A Short Hike is indeed lovely, and I already played it. (y)

---
Also go play your PnC games.
Like right now, go create a new folder/categ. for PnC games, if you haven't yet, and then go and see all games you own and just add every PnC there.
Then start playing them all.
Good idea. I have a few point and click adventure games, and FMV titles, to tackle. :)
I even installed them already.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Be patient, I'm sure it will come sooner rather than later, same as GB: ReFantasia, just no day and date
I just can't see a fighter in active development getting a port if it wasn't planned from the start. Since xseed had to pick it up in the US that doesn't boost much confidence. I just don't know how Cygames operates, nor what they're thinking when they do a console-only Granblue game for an audience that plays on PC/Mobile.
Cygames has already said multiple times that they want to bring it to PC but want to focus on releasing on PS4 first. They also don't announce release dates for products unless they're absolutely sure on a date because they have a strict anti-crunch policy. The PC port will happen.

Reactions: Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Cygames has already said multiple times that they want to bring it to PC but want to focus on releasing on PS4 first. They also don't announce release dates for products unless they're absolutely sure on a date because they have a strict anti-crunch policy. The PC port will happen.
Indeed, that's what I have read multiple times, it's just a matter of when not IF, thing is while Re:Fantasia won't get any trouble for being late, a fighting game might, so, we will see. but yeah, no doubt we will see both on PC sooner or later ^^

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
As long as they don't look to SNK for how to do PC ports then that's a little better.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Indeed, that's what I have read multiple times, it's just a matter of when not IF, thing is while Re:Fantasia won't get any trouble for being late, a fighting game might, so, we will see. but yeah, no doubt we will see both on PC sooner or later ^^
Despite being around the mobile space for a bit now, they're still very new when it comes to console releases, as I believe ZOE2 remaster was their only non mobile/PC game released before versus and with versus they're working with multiple publishers/distributors in different regions. They obviously bit off a bit more than they can chew with trying to get it out worldwide on the same date, but I'm hopeful that they'll figure it out by the time Relink comes around.

And hopefully the demand for PC will push it to release on more than just PS4 at launch, or at least not keep us waiting too long for a PC version.

Reactions: Mor

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
While Archetype Entertainment's current number of employees isn't known, the big two names are James Ohlen and Chad Robertson. Both previously worked for BioWare.
Ohlen, who was hired by Wizards of the Coast last April, was the lead designer and creative director on some of BioWare's greatest games: Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins and Star Wars: The Old Republic, while also contributing to Jade Empire, Mass Effect. He also worked on Anthem, but nobody can be perfect 100 percent of the time. He'll be the Archetype's Head of Studio.
Sorry if it was posted already. It's from yesterday.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
But who cares that it eventually comes to PC ? No ones gonna bother buying it full price a few months/year later.

It might come to PC the same way samurai shodown is coming. But at that point why even bother.

Cygames has enough money to guarantee a worldwide release with a PC version included. They are just being your usual Japanese company and not giving a shit about PC

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
But who cares that it eventually comes to PC ? No ones gonna bother buying it full price a few months/year later.

It might come to PC the same way samurai shodown is coming. But at that point why even bother.

Cygames has enough money to guarantee a worldwide release with a PC version included.
Normally I would agree with you, but it's Granblue and people seem to be losing their shit over it on my twitter timeline. You're also right about the last part, but that's obvious.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
What does it matter if some people don't buy it cos it's late anyway, the point is people who do want it on PC will get it. If you don't want it a year later then did you really want it that much to begin with (other than the possibility of wanting it so much you jump on its very first release no matter the platform). I sure didn't mind getting Bayonetta, better 8 years late than never, it was a cool surprise, there were plenty other games to play in the mean time, it's not like I was waiting for it and had nothing else, but when it arrived it was cool. Of course it's better when they don't take that long and I'm sure this game won't take that long either, maybe closer to RDR2 or Dark Souls level delay, basically just getting the time to make it so after releasing it on its first platform. Like it or not PC just isn't what much of Japan thinks of first, at least their stance has changed loads in (not too) recent years and we're actually getting the games more often than not. You could take it as offensive to you, treating PC gamers as second class citizens (lol) or you could take it as a cultural thing that's organically changing, I wouldn't wanna force them into changing anything (like catering to western gamers more and not even making a game like Granblue Fantasy: Relink in the first place).

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019

Cygames has enough money to guarantee a worldwide release with a PC version included. They are just being your usual Japanese company and not giving a shit about PC
You might be underestimating the global appeal of gbf by quite a bit, especially if you're comparing it to an SNK game. And in your last point, in this case, it's hard for me to agree with you when

1. Cygames isn't actually developing the game. Throwing more money at Arcsys won't suddenly make a PC version happen at the same time. Especially as the game needed to be ready by now in order for it to be a part of the arc revo tour.

2. If Cygames hasn't primarily focused on PC for all their releases. Shadowverse was first on PC/Steam, GBF is compatible with PC, and ZOE2 was released on PC at the same time as the console versions. Just because 1 of 4 wasn't released on PC at the same time, it doesn't suddenly mean they hate PC (whatever this dumb kind of statement actually means).

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
What does it matter if some people don't buy it cos it's late anyway, the point is people who do want it on PC will get it.

I sure didn't mind getting Bayonetta, better 8 years late than never, plenty other games to play in the mean time, it's not like I was waiting for it and had nothing else, but when it arrived it was cool. Of course it's better when they don't take that long and I'm sure this game won't take that long either, maybe closer to RDR2 level delay, basically just getting the time to make it so after releasing it on its first platform.
Yeah, people will wait months to buy a fighting game, just in time for them to announce a new version, smart!

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Yeah, people will wait months to buy a fighting game, just in time for them to announce a new version, smart!
It's a good thing most fighting games rarely work like this anymore. We're not in the Super Street Fighter 4 era anymore

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
You might be underestimating the global appeal of gbf by quite a bit, especially if you're comparing it to an SNK game. And in your last point, in this case, it's hard for me to agree with you when

1. Cygames isn't actually developing the game. Throwing more money at Arcsys won't suddenly make a PC version happen at the same time. Especially as the game needed to be ready by now in order for it to be a part of the arc revo tour.

2. If Cygames hasn't primarily focused on PC for all their releases. Shadowverse was first on PC/Steam, GBF is compatible with PC, and ZOE2 was released on PC at the same time as the console versions. Just because 1 of 4 wasn't released on PC at the same time, it doesn't suddenly mean they hate PC (whatever this dumb kind of statement actually means).
ArcSys has no problem putting their own games on PC, and the ones that they only publish, but keep defending Cygames.

Still no EU date, and not a word on PC other than "yeah we are interested" which means nothing coming from a japanese company. But i'm sure you'll enjoy the game on PS4, so good for you.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Oh, I thought we're talking Relink, lol. I don't care for the fighting game but that's me, same thing really. Not being offended at a dev schedule isn't defending.

I'd be fine with Samurai Shodown's release schedule if only they hadn't gone with that Stadia shit instead of PC proper.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
ArcSys has no problem putting their own games on PC, and the ones that they only publish, but keep defending Cygames.
UNIST took over a year to reach PC and Uniclr has no release for PC in sight, as well as GG strive. Every version of Xrd was late too, except for Rev 2 which took only a few days. Arcsys has certainly gotten better about it, but they're not perfect either, not to mention the quality of some of their ports being extremely suspect (lookin at you BBTag).

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
UNIST took over a year to reach PC and Uniclr has no release for PC in sight, as well as GG strive. Every version of Xrd was late too, except for Rev 2 which took only a few days. Arcsys has certainly gotten better about it, but they're not perfect either.
They are better than Cygames, and don't have near enough the money. Plenty of niche games/devs manage fine with worldwide launches, including console and PC, but eh.

Also the communication has been total shit regarding the release, game is coming out in like 4days and we just got one announcement regarding the NA PS4 release.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
That's perfectly in-line with Xseed/Marvelous publishing, took them months for ToCS and ToCS2 to get to EU and Popolocrois (or whatever was the last game), not all their games are like that though thankfully.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
They are better than Cygames, and don't have near enough the money. Plenty of niche games/devs manage fine with worldwide launches, including console and PC, but eh.

Also the communication has been total shit regarding the release, game is coming out in like 4days and we just got one announcement regarding the NA PS4 release.
I would hope companies like Arcsys/Namco/Capcom are better, Cygames hasn't even released a full new title yet lmao so idk what you're even comparing here.

I agree with your second point though, the communication regarding the release has been bad, and I'd definitely put this more in Cygames's plate considering they themselves were doing the localization and my guess is that they couldn't get it all done on time for it to be out in the west at the same time. I've said it before, but they definitely bit off more than they can chew.

That's perfectly in-line with Xseed/Marvelous publishing, took them months for ToCS and ToCS2 to get to EU and Popolocrois (or whatever was the last game), not all their games are like that though thankfully.
CS1 and CS2 (at least the PS3/Vita versions) were actually published by NISA in EU.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
CS1 and CS2 (at least the PS3/Vita versions) were actually published by NISA in EU.
yeah still took them months to bring them over, for whatever reason

edit: and it's also weird, marvelous EU seems to publish other stuff like senran kagura and fate extella games just fine.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
tbh nothing bugs me more than region-locked/region exclusive stuff when it comes of media I consume...

Reactions: PC-tan

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
The original Persona 4 Arena being region locked had to have been one of the stupidest things I've ever seen Atlus do and that's not a small list in of itself.

Reactions: Arsene

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Could be worse, if it was Atlus you might've never gotten it :coffee-blob:
I'm used to Atlus, especially after they ignored EU for decades.

tbh nothing bugs me more than region-locked/region exclusive stuff when it comes of media I consume...
In 2020, if you don't release your shit globally, then it's too bad. I don't care about Star Wars, but everyone i know already watched that Mandalorian show, and Disney+ is coming in march 2020 here i think.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I feel compelled to say that I've finally played Ep2 and... Holy crap. Where 1 was meh, the second one is sincerely amazing and I can only fathom how amazing it must have been in 2007. The pacing, writing, the setpieces, the atmosphere and overall story are really impressive. I never really cared while playing Ep1, but Ep2? I really feel curious about where the story is going to go and I feel like I should find myself lucky I'm only playing it now :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.