Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
I received an e-mail from Greenmangaming saying they are going to start charging me in euros instead of usd, and after checking the website, yep, it's in euros and more expensive now. Not to mention higher currency exchange fees since we don't even use the euro here anyway.

From today (6th Feb 2020), Green Man Gaming has changed the currency that customers use to shop with us from select markets from USD $ to EUR €.

The countries that will see this change are:

• Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Iceland
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Bulgaria
  • Denmark
  • Hungary
  • Norway
  • Poland
We’ve decided to review our pricing currency so we can get the best deals to customers that offer overall cheaper prices for everyone.

This currency change will also adjust the credit balance in the Green Man Gaming account of customers in these countries. The new currency amount of credit will be changed automatically from USD $ to EUR € with immediate effect.

We’re always listening to our customers and working to improve the Green Man Gaming experience. Please do get in touch with our Customer Support team if you have any questions or would like to share feedback.
"best deals" and "cheaper prices for everyone" yeah right, fucking idiots.

Time to ask them to delete my account i guess since i'll never buy anything from them ever again.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Haha, Trying different strategies like upgrading shields to the max is a good way to put yourself in a good position to beat it. I found that repeating the same strat game after game doesn't give the best results. Mix and change every game ;)
On my last run i had a little boarding crew with 2 bug dudes and a robot which was working pretty well. I can get to the end battle fairly consistently but just get wrecked by the big ship.

Love the game though.

Reactions: ISee

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Euro so we can charge everyone for VAT (since EUR prices are VAT including) but since some of those countries don't use EU vat rules, GMG can keep that I guess. (or at least 30% of it)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So Metro Exodus is really rereleasing on saturday next week? Saturday? Really? Are they that eager to get the game on Steam and not just wait till monday? Think it's the first time I have heard a game is released on a saturday.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
So Metro Exodus is really rereleasing on saturday next week? Saturday? Really? Are they that eager to get the game on Steam and not just wait till monday? Think it's the first time I have heard a game is released on a saturday.
That's probably the reason.

I don't think Steam allows weekend releases normally (because there might not be anyone in office), so that's why almost no one releases. Though I have been told if you open page before weekend you can still click release button.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
A bunch of people bought the game on Steam before it disappeared. Some people bought it on EGS. Probably a lot of people tried it out through game pass.
The game is sitting dry on EGS for quite some time now. No summer or bug autumn sale. No big sale because of the first or second DLC launch. I'm pretty sure they are missing a lot of that important PC long term cash flow.
Though I have been told if you open page before weekend you can still click release button.
I mean the game already released once on Steam. So I'm not even sure how this works for them.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Kind of a shot in the dark, but does anyone have a spare coupon for Stoneshard?

I understand some people are getting -15% coupons dropped into their Inventories, but I’m not sure what the prerequisites are to get one.

Reactions: MJunioR

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

I understand some people are getting -15% coupons dropped into their Inventories, but I’m not sure what the prerequisites are to get one.
I can send you one, I got it from owning Darkest Dungeons.

Edit: Cant remember your Steam name lol

Edit 2 : nvm I remembered sent you the offer.

Reactions: MJunioR

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Wonder if this will release on normal Steam. There was some talk about Valve working with a Chinese publisher and launching a China specific version of Steam, perhaps even cut-off from the rest of the world.
You mean Steam China with Perfect World? They talked about it at least years TI in Shanghai and there were even some western indie devs at that event

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

At first glance that looks a bit like Battle Brothers (which is great).

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
You mean Steam China with Perfect World? They talked about it at least years TI in Shanghai and there were even some western indie devs at that event
Yeah, could see it becoming something separate. It would just be weird to have the same game appear twice in the store by two different publishers, just based on language

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Will probably get a set of Switch coupons, will use one of them on AC, but should I use the second on Sword or wait for another game? Im a total Pokemon newbie, I know about the controversies, but don't really know if the controversies are about things I will know when playing the game.

Also, compared to Warcraft 3: Reforged, MS did an absolutely fantastic job with AoE2 DE, glad I bought it on Steam after trying it on game pass. So damn much content.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Will probably get a set of Switch coupons, will use one of them on AC, but should I use the second on Sword or wait for another game? Im a total Pokemon newbie, I know about the controversies, but don't really know if the controversies are about things I will know when playing the game.
It's an enjoyable, though kinda barebones experience. It's a fun game on it's own, though if they eventually bundle the two DLCs into the main game for a $60 package it'll be definitely be well worth it imo.

But also I thought the Switch vouchers weren't being sold anymore.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's an enjoyable, though kinda barebones experience. It's a fun game on it's own, though if they eventually bundle the two DLCs into the main game for a $60 package it'll be definitely be well worth it imo.

But also I thought the Switch vouchers weren't being sold anymore.
Coupons are still sold in some European eShops.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Two Zachtronics games I didn't own, The Hex, and Okami. I might go for it. Gonna check the rest of the games out.

Project Warlock looks really good. Underhero might be right up my alley as well.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
This February choice bundle is pretty meh. I could at least find 2 games to be interested about in the last bundle, but this one, nothing really interests me so i'll probably pause.

Reactions: C-Dub

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I think I'm going to ignore Cryofall (not into crafting/trading/etc), and Warstone TD (I never liked Tower Defense games). This is a good month.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
This could be my first Choice. I forgot you had to ignore two games. Ahhhhhhhh, I need to think....

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm in for Okami, Underhero and the 2 Zachtronics games.
Frostpunk and Pathfinder are also nice "extras".

Reactions: Arsene

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have one coupon left, I let the previous coupon expire. I think I am going to make my first Choice purchase.

Edit: I remember it now, it was a $3 coupon which I would have had to use on the December Choice.

Reactions: Nabs

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Meh month. Paused.
Surprised to read this, because we often seem to have the same taste in games. For me, this month is excellent! Many of these games were on my wistlist, on ignore because of the publisher or look like they are my cup of tea. I'm happy! 😊

Recrees

Dec 31, 2018
Czechia
I think I'll have to pass on this month. Shenzen I/O and Project Warlock look interesting, but I don't think two games justify a whole bundle purchase for me. I think It's a solid month, but unfortunately I own most of the titles I'd be interested in already.

nofuckinidea

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Very good month. Both Zactronics, Book of Demons, Pathfinder and Night Call are on my wishlist. Frostpunk, Underhero, Warlock and Okami are great extras I probably not gonna play:sorryblob:

Edit: trade offer in the BST Thread

Last edited:

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
This could be my first Choice. I forgot you had to ignore two games. Ahhhhhhhh, I need to think....
I can give you one, as I have 3 of the games (although I might want to get the Frostpunk DLC if the key is separated).

I have/can give you one of: Frostpunk (if the DLC is a separate key, I would want the DLC), Hex, Book of Demons.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Surprised to read this, because we often seem to have the same taste in games. For me, this month is excellent! Many of these games were on my wistlist, on ignore because of the publisher or look like they are my cup of tea. I'm happy! 😊
Oh no, not "meh" in that way.

Meh in the way that I already own the majority of stuff in the bundle. Only missing Eliza and Project Warlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.