Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Off topic post:

I am having trouble updating my work computer to the latest Windows 10 update. Currently it's on 1809 update, so it's two major updates behind.
The problem I am having is that when the update is 95% finished it starts to revert the changes, making nothing gets updated.
What can I do to fix this problem?
I don't have any advice for you but i feel your pain. I'm the IT guy at work, there's only 6 of us and i 'know computers' so it falls to me to sort out any issues and it can sometimes be a right pain.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I don't have any advice for you but i feel your pain. I'm the IT guy at work, there's only 6 of us and i 'know computers' so it falls to me to sort out any issues and it can sometimes be a right pain.
Seems like same to me. I work as a software developer, but I get all the IT related questions, despite not I am not an IT expert :D

Reactions: Joe Spangle

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
I signed up for Chrono when they had Attack of the Earthlings in their coin shop. Once I had enough coins collected, Attack of the Earthlings was sold out. I have been waiting ever since for a game in the coin shop that interests me :blobweary:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I actually pre-purchased Daemon X Machina, but I've yet to play it lol. Still installing Wolcen right now.

I'm kinda busy these days, and new games are just keep on arriving.
Same here, I downloaded it but haven't started it yet.

I played Last Day of June the other day. It was nice, although a little too slow and repetitive. It doesn't let you skip cutscenes, which sucks because it forces you to rewatch the same ones several times. The soundtrack is great and was composed by Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree, but they aren't original songs. Rather, they are instrumental versions of some parts of his solo songs, such as "Insurgentes", "Routine" and "The raven that refused to sing". The game is short (3 to 4 hours), so it can be worth a try if you don't have anything better to do.

Reactions: texhnolyze and ISee

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
Reactions: ISee
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Is there a way to respec in POE ? I kinda want to play Wolfen, but given the rocky launch I could finally try this.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Is there a way to respec in POE ? I kinda want to play Wolfen, but given the rocky launch I could finally try this.
Yeah, but it gets more expensive as you level up.

You get some respec points from the story, I think around 15-20. There is also a currency called Orb of Regret that can be used to respect passive points one at a time.

If you are a first time player, I recommend giving this playlist a go, Just to get familiar with the broad strokes, and this way you can minimize the need for heavy respeccing.

Reactions: Li Kao

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
no, it doesn't!
Are you sure? Better to be safe than sorry.

Speaking of Wolcen... OH MY GOD!
WOW, that's impressive af. The thirst for D4 is real and only shows how disconnected Blizzard is from the market nowadays with their Mobile Game.
(The mobile game will make them money though, do not get me wrong).

Sorry to read that there are serious problems with the game though and not just server issues because of the unexpected popularity.

Reactions: inky and lashman

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Off topic post:

I am having trouble updating my work computer to the latest Windows 10 update. Currently it's on 1809 update, so it's two major updates behind.
The problem I am having is that when the update is 95% finished it starts to revert the changes, making nothing gets updated.
What can I do to fix this problem?
What have you tried so far? The Media Creation Tool would be one option, or using an ISO. Google has a lot more suggestions, stuck upgrades were a big issue around that time.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I enjoyed Metro Exodus a lot, the first DLC was also good imo.
But the second DLC doesn't click with me and I'm not sure why, because the protagonist is okay, it started interesting, the story is also okayish but I'm constantly bored while playing.

What? It is great!

:love::love::love:

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Does anybody else have to frequently redownload a 600MB+ steamworks common redistributable package a few times a week? I'm trying to figure out if this is a linux bug or if that's just how it is now.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Well ahead of you there - I played both Demon's Souls and Asura's Wrath on RPCS3. The emulator has come a long way!
I remember testing DeS on RPCS3 about 3 years ago, and it was playable but still crashed from time to time and frame-rate wasn't stable at all.
How good is it now?

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I remember testing DeS on RPCS3 about 3 years ago, and it was playable but still crashed from time to time and frame-rate wasn't stable at all.
How good is it now?
I played through the whole game at 4k/60 no problems. 0 crashes.

Reactions: ISee

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Thanks madjoki for sharing this, I want to make some comments to this results because, I think it's one of the best weeks I have ever seen (at least in terms of personal preferences) so here we go:

First I need to point how varied this list is, we have from pure online experiences such as PUBG to pure anime with Azur Lane, this is a great example of how varied Steam is in terms of customers, a list that contains an ARPG, and adventure-story driven game, a Battle Royale and mixed experiences between online and single player, needs to be praised because it's amazing how big the PC gaming scene and how big Steam has become.

Second point, as a big fan of Mechas seeing Daemon x Machina at fourth position on that list makes me REALLY REALLY HAPPY, game deserved a lot of love and I think PC Gamers so far are loving it, glad it delivered and customers reacted positively to this release.

Next, Metro Exodus, just imagine how big it has been to be at fifth and sixth positions in just 2 days, beating his own all-time ccu number by a margin of 4k players, although I will understand that you don't like this point because it means it worked for them, data is data and it's impressive nonetheless (at least for me) so yeah, really impressed (but nor surprised) to see it there and doing better than expected, I will keep an eye on this one's numbers cause' it will be a very interesting one, don't you think, LittleDinamit?

Now, I have talked about variety, about Daemon and about Metro, what's next? OH YEAH, the big one, the one that EXPLODED (and almost literally?) Wolcen is the best example of how community can turn something almost unknown for the most part of the users into something really big an popular, servers went down out of capacity, ccu peak was 124k users and it turns out it's a great game for what people is saying about it, I mean, WOAH!

And I think that's it, Monster Hunter keeps destroying the charts, PUBG, GTAV as always are there and RDR2 which seems to be affected by the lack of a 20% sale as it has been happening since release, maybe one of the reasons why the game is just at tenth position, but still really strong.

What a week.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Top o' the mornin'

I've attempted to buy a copy of Resident Evil 3 on your store and was prompted with the message "Charge could not succeed/payment failed" at the end of the procedure.

Thus, i tried again, and was prompted with the same error once more.

Then i went on to have a check of my emails and have been billed twice for it, or rather, bought two copies.

I would like to request a refund of ONE of these two copies

Order ID's:
[...]

Order ID's:
[...]

I hope you are capable and willing to help me return these capitalist value papers back unto me.

I wish you a pleasant start into the week!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Let's see if Gamebillet is gonna give me a refund for this error of theirs.
I had this exact experience happen to me with Sony's own PSN store once, and that fuckass, trashass company refused.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I GOT A RESPONSE REFUND A MINUTE?????????

ON A SUNDAY NIGHT???????????????????????????????????????

WTF???????????????????

Tryna figure out where the support employees must be located

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Went back to find the last few cool (enough for me to post) #screenshotsaturday I missed :p

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
How the hell is Wolcen selling so well? I don't understand, and that's not meant as a dig on the game. It's clearly good but I didn't think it'd be top-of-the-chart-above-Iceborn good.

Its popularity just leaves me scratching my head. It came out of nowhere, and while it does cater to my CryEngine Lumberyard love, I don't really get why people like it so much.

Reactions: Angelo and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
How the hell is Wolcen selling so well? I don't understand, and that's not meant as a dig on the game. It's clearly good but I didn't think it'd be top-of-the-chart-above-Iceborn good.

Its popularity just leaves me scratching my head. It came out of nowhere, and while it does cater to my CryEngine Lumberyard love, I don't really get why people like it so much.
it's also a very good game ... i suppose

Reactions: FunnyJay

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
It's a mix of timing, good word of mouth and a dedicated community that has been waiting for the next step in the genre for half a decade now. Path of Exile puts around those numbers (I can't imagine what kind of numbers PoE2 is gonna do, but it's gonna be big. Although it helps it will be F2P), but more than that, the player base is about done with the current PoE league and they are waiting on details on the new one.

There is really no competition in this specific form of the genre. It's PoE and then it's everyone else. Diablo 3, for a game that sold 30 million copies+, did absolutely nothing worthwhile to keep people engaged. It's the worst supported gaas-always-online-game by a big studio ever. I can't imagine more than a few thousands still play D3 anymore at the start of each new season. It was a different time back then, and it happened under a different set of circumstances, but lets remember PoE was also a game made by a small New Zealand indie studio that grew popular almost entirely on the back of good word of mouth and a few popular Diablo streamers picking it up and declaring it the true D2 successor.

Now, how long will it last? It all depends on how well supported it is and how quickly the devs can keep it going with QoL updates, stability and content. And even that might not do it. For now, it's just one of those flavor of the month games that landed at the right time. Games like Atlas get a big streamer push and then settle down and forgotten, Underlords did like 200k peak in its first week and now averages around 10k once the novelty wore off.

Status
Not open for further replies.