Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Just bought Katanakami despite not knowing the system and gameplay loop. I need my feudal Japan fix.

Hopefully it'll be more like Diablo and less randomly generated, or worse, roguelite.

Reactions: lashman and QFNS

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
After so many years, Titan Quest is finally getting gamepad support.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Oh 50$, well I guess it's releasing in like another year or two for me then
Same. This seems to be their reasoning behind the price.

In regards to the pricing, we decided that we should just go with one price and leave it for people to decide for themselves if they think it is worth purchasing during EA or if they should hold off until the full release. We certainly don't want to try and entice people in with a lower price point with the aim of making a quick buck. Honestly, we would prefer that you hold on to your cash until you are confident that the game is for you, and if that means waiting until the full release then we would strongly encourage you to wait.

We decided to go with an EA release because it is something we have quite a lot of experience with and we know that it helps the quality of the final product a great deal. Sure, there will be times that we might disagree with feedback for any number of reasons (sometimes, as is the case with some of the beta feedback, it is because we can see the full picture and might be aware of some connected issue that needs to be addressed first, or perhaps just because we know what our long term goals and plans are but aren't willing to share them right now).

In terms of content, the EA release will have plenty of stuff for you to do, including all of the core features and mechanics that you would expect of a Mount & Blade game. We would refer to things that we plan to add later to be supporting features that aren't essential parts of the core game loops. As we get closer to the EA release we will share more info about what to expect and what will come later. And again, we would say that if you have any doubts hold on to your cash, watch some videos from content creators and make an informed decision on whether or not to buy the game.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
After so many years, Titan Quest is finally getting gamepad support.

It's also on sale for 4$, so if people don't own it like... go buy it

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Phone issue :

So I ended up ordering a Google Pixel 3a since my current phone has trouble receiving calls and text. I got my pixel and tried to turn it on but it just wouldn't turn on. Then I plugged in the adapter to charge it. Now it finally turns on. So it seems that the battery was dead prior to arriving to me. Is this an area of concern? Does this potentially tell me that unit that I received can not hold a charge? It looks like 40% is typically what phones have when you turn them on for the first time. Should I return it?

I got my phone off Amazon new (and it was indeed sealed and everything) for about $320USD or something like that.

Should I just ask Amazon to get an exchange for a different unit?

After the whole Seasonic thing I would rather go through Amazon if possible instead of Google

Dekunator

Timmy Tencent owes me money
Apr 17, 2019
Phone issue :

So I ended up ordering a Google Pixel 3a since my current phone has trouble receiving calls and text. I got my pixel and tried to turn it on but it just wouldn't turn on. Then I plugged in the adapter to charge it. Now it finally turns on. So it seems that the battery was dead prior to arriving to me. Is this an area of concern? Does this potentially tell me that unit that I received can not hold a charge? It looks like 40% is typically what phones have when you turn them on for the first time. Should I return it?

I got my phone off Amazon new (and it was indeed sealed and everything) for about $320USD or something like that.

Should I just ask Amazon to get an exchange for a different unit?

After the whole Seasonic thing I would rather go through Amazon if possible instead of Google
Amazon is the way to go. They should oblige and exchange the phone or refund you after sending it back.

Reactions: PC-tan

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Tell that to Sony.
Well, consoles had no SSD by default for now, so that will be a huge boost. It just won't magically improve things compared to modern PCs with SSDs, but that was never on the card anyway. Unless you lived in magical console land, where the same hardware gives you twice the performance and every technical detail you don't actually understand or used to care about is suddenly a revolutionary, earth-shattering novelty.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
There are less than 60k sacks of gems on the market, and the price is about to reach 0.37€. My buy orders at 0.35€ have not yet been fulfilled.

The good news is that people are more and more going to directly buy your Steam cards (especially foil cards) rather than craft booster packs.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah the prices on cards seem to be going up, I only base it on that my buy orders have ground to a halt. I complete badges by having buy orders for 0.03€ and usually I don't have to wait that long but now it seems to take forever.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
That one who was banned for review bombing AI: The Somnium Files? Pathetic.
Yes, I find it weird that we get two other one-man review bombs so soon after, with brag threads (of course, narcissism is expected from such individuals):

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
If you checked the review bombers for AI twitter, he ends up talking to the other review bomber (or who I assume it is since he has the avatar of the character from that deleted reddit post).

So it's two separate people with the other guy "helping/trolling" the AI guys work.

Last edited:

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Finished Atelier Ayesha on my Vita, and I have to say - I really enjoyed it! I'm already ready to hop into my copy of Escha and Logy.

Maybe I'll be done with the Dusk Trilogy in time for the Spring Seal, and with any luck Ryza will be on sale :thinking-face:

Reactions: Mor and 「Echo」

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I can't imagine the game being less than excellent after all their other works. And damn, I would have killed for that game to exist back in the late 90's.
I am a bit worried that they work so much on other people's IPs though. We do get fantastic anime games out of it, but I'd like them to secure some names for themselves.
No idea who owns Pharaoh Rebirth, that's an IP with much potential.

Reactions: Echoes

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Nope. Focus is publishing on PC this time according to the EGS page.
Both games are from Saber Interactive so the problem here is no focus home interactive at all. it's probably a multi-game deal they made and Saber is a big active for the EGS, so, yeah, don't think Focus are the ones who made the move at all.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Finished Atelier Ayesha on my Vita, and I have to say - I really enjoyed it! I'm already ready to hop into my copy of Escha and Logy.

Maybe I'll be done with the Dusk Trilogy in time for the Spring Seal, and with any luck Ryza will be on sale :thinking-face:
Ayesha and Eschatology are my favourite Atelier games. Shallie was a massive disappointment after that.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I’ve long felt there should have been the option to give a neutral rating.
eh, i don't know about that .... while it might feel good on a personal level .... it wouldn't really change much in the "grand scheme of things"

when you have a game with 5000 reviews - it all averages out anyway

Reactions: PC-tan

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Steam download is pretty slow for me this evening. Not that I have a super speed internet to begin with, but this is like 1/10 of the usual download speed.

Edit: switching the download server to Singapore fixes it.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Also this will also be applied to the "I just learned that once embed it will go up to the latest activity on such document making it the first on the list" lol
lol, nice

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
When will Iffy put CollarXMalice on Steam? ;_;

I got it on my Vita, it's on PS4, soon on Switch. ... I really want it on PC tho and they just seem to have no interest in putting it there despite porting literally everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.