Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
heh , noticing quite a bunch of Applae Arcade stuff getting steampages lately :minos_thonking:
and looks like Where cards fall could reopen theirs soon-ish as the depot is getting constant ID updates. we will see.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Just realized I called it House of Horror instead of World of Horror, lol.

I do loves me some VCD, so I guess that's the wordplay stuck in my head.
yeah, i noticed that :p haha

and yes - VCD is good too :D

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that in the span of 2 weeks we'll be getting Cold Steel 3 PC, FF7, Persona 5 Royal and Resident Evil 3.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
After being in a console game mood and having been gently bored (Celceta, finishing Code Vein) I think I'm craving some PC as fuck game.
But there are too many and I don't have the energy to launch them. Business as usual for the Steam thread, but uguu.

I have already begun Tropico 5 and feeling let down. It was hard to like the new UI and systems after playing 100 hours on 3, but this shit is also shock full of more or less timed missions. Missions that I usually fail and must retry. Not the chillax experience I had with 3 (excepting from that pesky last mission).
The already played vibe of the plot doesn't help, and by God do the jokes fall flat on their face in this one.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Ok people, stop everything and read this. This is my to play list (disclaimer: changes daily).
I'm good at lists.

Age of Empire DE
Battlefleet Gothic
Euro Truck Simulator
Sims 4
Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines
XCOM Enemy Unknown
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 1
Shadow Tactics
Factorio
Path of Exile
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Homeworld

Yeah, pretty heavy on PC gaming these days as I said.

Edit - Tempted by Rimworld but it isn't cheap, and I'm not sure if I will be able to really understand it or like the art for the characters. Lord, do these potato people don't look attractive.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Dawn of War! Dawn of War! Dawn of War! Dawn of War!
Yeah I already played the original and some xpac but pretty sure I didn't play everything, and it would satisfy my base building craving.
That being said, trying to decipher the store page with all the dlc feels like trying to understand an alien language.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just bought Animal Crossing New Horizons from CDKeys, downloading on Switch now. Seems like a more contentful New Leaf with lots of QoL features.

So that means Ori 11th march, Doom and AC on 20th march, Alyx on 23rd march and Satisfactory at some point after 19th march.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao Is this stuff in your Library or stuff you're going to buy?
Don't buy more stuff, What have you got in your library already?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Katana Kami is so good.

First impressions, graphics and presentation are just average, and the game is only 1.9GB in size. It's certainly a low budget title. But the gameplay is fun and the loop seems promising. Go to dungeon, level up and gather mats, then upgrade your equipment. But after playing some more, I find that the systems are deeper than I originally thought.

On top of the regular light and heavy attacks, you can also learn new skills which would require a combination of button presses. The combat is also all about sheathing and unsheathing your weapon. There's a mechanic that will grant you a power up if you sheathe your weapon long enough. When your weapon glows, it'll deal more damage, you can also unleash an aoe attack in that state. Oh, and the auto-lock actually works if you unsheathe your weapon. Not only that, there are 3 sword stances too; like in Nioh but it's kinda different here. Instead of switching between the stances, they're assigned to swords. So there are 3 kinds of swords: mid, high, and side stance sword. You can equip 3 weapons at a time and switch anytime you wish. So it's kinda like Nioh, but slightly different. Anyway, more on the combat, the kiwami mechanic is also fun. When you successfully execute a perfect dodge (or block), you unleash it. And oh, you can also chain it if there are multiple enemies around.

Moving on to the other systems, you will lose all of your obtained item if you die in a dungeon. But there are "insurance" items that you can use to prevent that. Dungeons are not that long. After a few levels you'll have a "boss" battle, then you can exit the dungeon or proceed to another set of levels. There's factions systems but I have no idea how it works yet. There's also a weapon order side tasks. Online mode consists of co-op and pvp. But the system is kinda suck: if both players flag for co-op, it'll become a co-op session, but if either of them flags as pvp, it'll become a pvp match without consent of the other player.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Have you played something like Dwarf Fortress?

If so, RW will be easy peasy. regardless it issimplified. Also, like factario, it will never really go on sale ever. I recommend RW, just for the stories you generate.
Mmh, I think I just played enough to be scared and exit the game insert streamer looking at Tekken move list gif
I'm relatively confident it will click with me, but you never know. I wish there was a demo, because I will only know for sure once I have played for some time. If you asked me a couple days ago, I would have told you I am super not the target of something like Factorio. And after trying it, I loved the demo.

Li Kao Is this stuff in your Library or stuff you're going to buy?
Don't buy more stuff, What have you got in your library already?
Eh, for a change, this is 100% already owned stuff. Except Rimworld.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Well Factario is a different can of worms compared to Rimworld.

Mmh, I think I just played enough to be scared and exit the game insert streamer looking at Tekken move list gif
I'm relatively confident it will click with me, but you never know. I wish there was a demo, because I will only know for sure once I have played for some time. If you asked me a couple days ago, I would have told you I am super not the target of something like Factorio. And after trying it, I loved the demo.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Well Factario is a different can of worms compared to Rimworld.
I guess so, my point was just that for some (fortunately rare) games, you will only know if you will click them when you try them.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

Eh, for a change, this is 100% already owned stuff. Except Rimworld.
Just play side-along with a youtube lets player and you will get an understanding of games like Rimworld, Factorio, etc.

For those specific games I can recommend:

Reactions: Pommes and Li Kao

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
The thing to remember about RimWorld is the solo dev., Tynan Sylvester has gone on record saying RimWorld will likely never go on sale as he's against "race to the bottom" pricing structures. Who knows if that will change over time, but it's been his stance from the outset and It's always struck me as a reasonable take, provided the dev is willing to deal with the lost sales from more budget-conscious players.

That said, the game itself is likely the best $30 I've ever spent on Steam. It's legit ranked with Crusader Kings II & Farming Simulator as my favorite games of the past decade. Guess I always wanted to get into Dwarf Fortress, but its staggering depth has always mystified me. RimWorld feels like nice bridge between accessibility and complexity. It a marvel in design that's as much fun to learn as it is to play. You just keep peeling back layer upon layer of possibility in design, mastering one subsystem only to see it leading to even more opportunity underneath. It's quite breathtaking.

There's no demo, but you always could use Steam's return policy ( >2 hours played / >2 weeks owned) to take it for a test drive. Like Factorio & CK2, RW is one of those games you could easily spend a couple/few dozen hours alone just learning the ropes. But a couple hours of freeplay could be enough exposure to let you know if you want to dig deeper.

Either way Wishlist it if you're hesitant now. Maybe watch so Let's Plays or reviews on YouTube. Come back to it later if your schedule or wallet frees up. It really is a genre & generation-defining experience.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Well besides watching you got pretending while watching.. The dev said the game would never go on sale. Like Factario in that aspect.

People are your resource. They got quirks and pros. You can have them prioritize certain things, as they come with skills. Then you got wants and mental state.

You got pyros...

Its fun.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
The thing to remember about RimWorld is the solo dev., Tynan Sylvester has gone on record saying RimWorld will likely never go on sale as he's against "race to the bottom" pricing structures. Who knows if that will change over time, but it's been his stance from the outset and It's always struck me as a reasonable take, provided the dev is willing to deal with the lost sales from more budget-conscious players.

That said, the game itself is likely the best $30 I've ever spent on Steam. It's legit ranked with Crusader Kings II & Farming Simulator as my favorite games of the past decade. Guess I always wanted to get into Dwarf Fortress, but its staggering depth has always mystified me. RimWorld feels like nice bridge between accessibility and complexity. It a marvel in design that's as much fun to learn as it is to play. You just keep peeling back layer upon layer of possibility in design, mastering one subsystem only to see it leading to even more opportunity underneath. It's quite breathtaking.

There's no demo, but you always could use Steam's return policy ( >2 hours played / >2 weeks owned) to take it for a test drive. Like Factorio & CK2, RW is one of those games you could easily spend a couple/few dozen hours alone just learning the ropes. But a couple hours of freeplay could be enough exposure to let you know if you want to dig deeper.

Either way Wishlist it if you're hesitant now. Maybe watch so Let's Plays or reviews on YouTube. Come back to it later if your schedule or wallet frees up. It really is a genre & generation-defining experience.
We don't know how much the other side of the equation influences the total sales.

I mean the people who are buying the game now because they know it will never go on sale.
With the current climate, how many sales are never coming to fruition because the customers are waiting for bargain bin sales or getting the game for free and will have forgotten the game exists a year or two down the line?

I think you could get more sales if you tell your consumer-base that the game will never go on sale.
(Although, I think this only works for quality games and relative tiny developers)

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I think you could get more sales if you tell your consumer-base that the game will never go on sale.
(Although, I think this only works for quality games and relative tiny developers)
Agreed. I think it was smart of the dev to firmly state this intention before the game even went 1.0.

I also think a move like this is directly proportional to how unique your product is in the market, how valuable your contribution is to the genre. It's not a move just anyone can do.

If rando Big Publisher said the same about "Generic AAA Open-World 3rd Person Action/RPG #6048" (looking at you Sony & Ubi), I'd just laugh and move on to #6049 when it sees an appreciable discount.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Still having a great time with Mutant Year Zero, will definitely grab the dlc later if it's good. Looking forward to tackling Arkham Knight next. That's another one I've been wanting to play since forever, I hope I find the time before the crazyness starts. Wont get another chance to tackle my backlog in the foreseeable future.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hmm all I want from that Pick and Mix on Fanatical is shadows awakening :thinking-face:

Anyone interested in a 'group buy'?

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
If anyone is interested in No Man's Sky, GMG has it for 62% off. They sent me a bunch of coupons shrug

Revealed content
HG33GM-33HN11-IHHKBF
ZNHDGM-DBG8OW-TEC7WU
4KKHET-OS6RQF-NKNZ24
DF24RB-H854Y5-QBZJI1
It's also 60% off on Humble if you have the monthly/choice discount.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Tizoc VirtuaVerse is scheduled for May though :nerd-face:

(Also: its programmer is a friend of mine, so please y'all make sure you buy it day one and review bomb IN POSITIVE the hell out of it 💥)
Ooops my bad! I will remove it soon XP

^^^ Looks like you slipped UnReal World in there but that dropped back in 2016.

i THINK There was an update to the game, I will double check and update my .txt

Reactions: lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Looks like a great homage to Symphony of the Night! Will definitely buy, but Timespinner already did such a good job in that niche, so the game would have to be really good to compete
The previous game by the developer (Touhou Luna Nights) was a bit more action-heavy and less exploration-heavy than Timespinner. Both are really good though.

Reactions: d00d3n
Status
Not open for further replies.