Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Because there is a vaccine against the flu. If you are in one of the danger groups, you could sleep soundly with knowing you had your flu shot.
THERE IS NO VACCINE AGAINST COVID! If you are in the danger group, some fuckwit who is a carrier and babbles about how covid isn't that dangerous CAN LITERALLY KILL YOU!
You seem agitated and I apologize if my tone put you off.

Going back over my reply does read more caviler than intended. It was more a reaction to the Media Machine who's only interest in the matter is drumming up FUD in order to line their pocketbooks with all those sweet, sweet viewership spikes. I should have been more clear.

On a personal note, as I get older I do start to see patterns in health-crisis events. SARS, HIV, influenza, cholera, meningitis, yellow/dengue fever outbreaks and more have all made the rounds over the past 4 or so decades that I've actually been paying attention. And while every related death is tragic, the pattern of public paranoia, hoarding & hysteria has been the same. Only now we have the 24 hr. cable news & Internet Age amplifying these anxieties x 1000. It's disappointing to see, esp. when you recognize most of those stoking the public fear are not doing it out of concern for welfare. They're doing it to make a quick, easy buck.

Hopefully Covid cycles in and out of the population with as little damage as possible. I understand that its impact is more than nothing.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Indivisible is up on Game Pass (5gb). I think Yakuza 0 is up, but it crashed on me before I could check.

Also the Xbox app is downloading a blistering 1 MB/s. Whew.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Huh ? Weird timing... have they announced a new season ? Season 1-3 were good, season 4's serialized approach elevated it to a top-tier animated show. I liked the show so much that about 2 years ago I even sculpted Aku with clay.
This looks good. I had never heard of the 8bit series up until now. Anyone on here who might be familiar with it ?

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Megaman Zero/ZX Legacy Collection was released yesterday. Looks like people are having problem getting past the first boss: creating a save file for the first time.
I hope Capcom will fix this soon. I haven't started the game yet, busy with Bloodstained for now

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Found by madjoki

Looks like user name change reviews could potentially be coming soon

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I may have some money, for once. And I know of a chain that still sell Rift S.
Let me tell you, being financially responsible is hard.

Only having a 970 helps, tbh. But it only goes so far, then you look at decently priced GPU. But then you are well past the point of being financially responsible. So you don't pay anything and directly go back to start. At least there is no jail involved.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
A little question for the POE players here : if I start a character today in err... Metamorph league, will it be transferred to the Delirium league on March 13th or will it be fucked and be transferred to Standard ?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Not very into literature, are we ? :so-good-blob:

A little question for the POE players here : if I start a character today in err... Metamorph league, will it be transferred to the Delirium league on March 13th or will it be fucked and be transferred to Standard ?
I found my answer. Dumb as shit system. If I want to start a character I'm better served by waiting for the new league.
Geniuses.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
No, Path of Exile characters don't transfer between new leagues. After the league ends, they are all sent back and merged into Standard or basic Hardcore depending on your choice where you can continue playing with those particular characters.

This is done for a really good reason, which is to allow everyone an even footing at the beginning, with a fresh economy. It prevents massive inflation and makes it easy to incorporate new features like new skills or passive nodes.

PoE is not a game where you play a single character forever. You could, you'd just be 1 league behind in content in a different economy. You get almost 30 character slots for a reason and it's an opportunity to try new builds that better tackle the particular league's cchallenges.

I mean, if you enjoy playing the game, you can start playing metamorph now with one particular build, then try your hand at a different one in two weeks when the new league begins. It might even be an opportunity to improve on what you did wrong as the new league is adding 4 new skills and over 200 new passive nodes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao and Stevey

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
No, Path of Exile characters don't transfer between new leagues. After the league ends, they are all sent back and merged into Standard or basic Hardcore depending on your choice where you can continue playing with those particular characters.

This is done for a really good reason, which is to allow everyone an even footing at the beginning, with a fresh economy. It prevents massive inflation and makes it easy to incorporate new features like new skills or passive nodes.

PoE is not a game where you play a single character forever. You could, you'd just be 1 league behind in content in a different economy. You get almost 30 character slots for a reason and it's an opportunity to try new builds that better tackle the particular league's cchallenges.
Unfortunately, this has the side effect of telling a new player like me to wait 15 days if I want to play (because I suppose the remaining time is a little short to play the entire game, am I wrong ?).
But yeah, I admit the reasoning is solid :pensive-face:

Reactions: inky

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Not very into literature, are we ? :so-good-blob:
EAP is okay but I live in the DC metro area and Poe's hometown Baltimore is an absolute s**thole, so I'm apparently biased against the writer by default. Faidley's does have the best crab cakes in the country though, so I'll give 'em that. :p

Besides, I was always more more a Shakespeare/Dostoevsky guy myself.

Reactions: Li Kao

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Unfortunately, this has the side effect of telling a new player like me to wait 15 days if I want to play (because I suppose the remaining time is a little short to play the entire game, am I wrong ?).
But yeah, I admit the reasoning is solid :pensive-face:
I don't see why you can't start Metamorph just now, I just did a couple of days ago. You can even treat it as a trial run, so to speak. The league is still going, still has all the content and the challenges (I'm talking specific league challenges with rewards) and if you are a new player, it gives you an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the game even more.

For example, in the current league, you hunt down enemies that drop body parts. Once you have enough, a character shows up and allows you to pick each part to assemble a mini boss that will get different skills and rewards depending on what you picked. This league is a good incentive to explore all areas of the map, and it also gives you an extra bit of experience and loot on top of normal progression. Considering it ends in March 9, I think it's more than enough time to go through the story and see some of the endgame. Story should take between 15 and 20 hours at a new player's pace. But if it isn't, there is really no big harm on at least trying it out.

Next league is called Delirium, and the catch is that it will open kind of a mirror dimension on top of the current areas. Once the literal fog spreads, it will "contaminate" all the enemies and bosses you are familiar with and imbue them with new stuff. If you are familiar with those enemies and areas already, then you can see what's changed.

I know that at first the game feels daunting and relentless, having to start over and over, but once you get over the initial hump of what things do, drop, etc. and what to expect, I know most people relish it. Every new character is going to be better than your last, and it's one of the few games out there that let's you scale up your knowledge almost forever. I think people get too hung up on how inscrutable it looks (or how annoying the diehards like me are about it), but at its core, it really isn't. Just give it a go, and if you have questions I'll drop by and try to help out.

Reactions: Li Kao

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

I swear I need to get checked for adult ADHD as it feels like I get distracted out of my regular gaming rotation at the drop of a hat.

Already knee deep in UnReal World and RimWorld, but one causal view of Project Zomboid has me itching to get back on board that train.

This is why I never finish games.

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
It's kind of amazing how the concurrent peaks on Steam have grown across the board. 1 or 2 years ago, the last few spots in the the top 20 would peak at 10k-15k max, with the rest of the top 100 coming under 10k. Now the 5 digit peaks extend to more than half the top 100 list. Wouldn't be surprised if throughout this year we see around 80%-90% of the top 100 reach a 10k+ peak simultaneously.

There is just too much good stuff to play.
I remember when #100 peaked at around 1000 players 😐

Reactions: inky and lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

I swear I need to get checked for adult ADHD as it feels like I get distracted out of my regular gaming rotation at the drop of a hat.

Already knee deep in UnReal World and RimWorld, but one causal view of Project Zomboid has me itching to get back on board that train.

This is why I never finish games.
Nothing wrong with that as long as you eventually get back to the games you paused :p
(And your financial situation allows buying new games.)

Status
Not open for further replies.