Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!

Table Manners: The Physics-Based Dating Game

Nice job, it's official - you're a catch: you’ve bagged yourself a date. A night of romance is yours to enjoy, if you play your cards right.

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. You’ve booked the fanciest restaurant in town, put on your cleanest underwear, and your date looks totally unreal. But getting to the table is the easy part. Even the most perfect of evenings can quickly fall apart as you fight against Table Manner’s glorious physics. Before you know it, you’ll be putting out your third table fire with a half-finished glass of pinot grigio.

From humble restaurants to sushi bars, ice bars and even a plane - each venue contains a number of unique gameplay mechanics and challenges that you must navigate in order to impress your date. As your reputation grows you will unlock more and more potential dates with even more sophisticated challenges and dating scenarios.

The Suicide of Rachel Foster

Ten years ago, teenager Nicole and her mother left the family hotel after discovering her father Leonard's affair with, and pregnancy of Rachel, a girl her own age who eventually committed suicide.

Now that both of her parents have passed, Nicole hopes to fulfill her mother’s last will to sell the hotel and make amends to Rachel's relatives. With the will and determination to put that chapter behind her, she returns to the hotel with the family’s lawyer to audit the decaying structure.

As the weather unexpectedly turns for the worst, Nicole has no way to leave the large mountain lodge, and finds support in Irving, a young FEMA agent, using one of the first radio telephones ever built.

With his help, Nicole starts to investigate a mystery far deeper than what people in the valley thought. A story of love and death, where melancholy and nostalgia melt into a thrilling ghost tale.

WORLD OF HORROR

The Old Gods are reawakening, clawing their way back into a world that’s spiraling into a mysterious madness. In a small, seaside town of Japan, the population’s sanity is dwindling and otherworldly, grotesque creatures terrorize those who call the place home. In WORLD OF HORROR, it’s the end of the world and the only solution is to confront the terror reigning over the apocalypse.

Navigate this hellish, roguelite reality through turn-based combat and unforgiving choices in this cosmic horror RPG. Experiment with the events of a playthrough by building a deck of event cards to discover different outcomes for your battles against the darkness. Different decks may even unlock new mysteries or clues.

WORLD OF HORROR features branching stories with five playable characters to brave the chaos, each with their own story and a different perspective on the events that unfold. Unravel puzzles and mysteries through spells that sacrifice sanity. Uncover disturbing and shocking clues. Diligently search every nook and cranny, scouring for helpful items that may come in handy in another twisted encounter.

Experience the quiet horror of this love letter to the works of Junji Ito and H.P. Lovecraft. WORLD OF HORROR is free of typical jump scares, relying solely on its unnerving environments and amorphous terrors to create a gnawing sense of dread. Complimented by haunting chiptunes and a 1-bit art style with a variety of available palettes, WORLD OF HORROR presents a series of frightening and unsettling accounts that linger well after stepping away.

Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance

The enemy has installed a puppet government in an allied nation. Brave individuals promise to fight against their occupiers and oppressors. Use your agile espionage skills to support the work of La Résistance.

La Résistance adds secret agents, espionage missions and new options for resistance movements to Hearts of Iron IV, the popular grand strategy wargame from Paradox Development Studio. Send agents into dangerous territory to decipher enemy secrets or prepare the ground for your invasion by propping up collaborators who will be happy for any taste of power.

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection brings together six classic titles in one game: Mega Man Zero 1, 2, 3, and 4, as well as Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent.

In addition to the original games, this package includes an artwork gallery, music player, special filters, and much more. Casual Scenario Mode and a Save-Assist feature are available for those who would like to enjoy the story at their own pace. Players can also try their hand at the new leaderboard-based Z Chaser Mode, an exclusive new mode created just for this set of games.

Wasteland Remastered

Originally released in 1988, Wasteland brought the post-apocalypse to video games and inspired a genre. Play one of history’s defining RPGs with completely overhauled graphics, sound, and expanded musical score.

The year is 2087, nearly a century after an all-out nuclear war turned vast swaths of the Earth into a radioactive hellscape. You are a Desert Ranger, a band of stalwart lawmen who are the only hope left in what was once the American southwest, and good people’s last defense against hunger, sickness, ravaging raiders, and mutants.

Now something more secretive and sinister is menacing humanity, and it's your job to investigate. Recruit help and follow leads—the choices you make will shape the world around you. Choose wisely, your life and the lives of those you’re sworn to protect depend on it.

ONE PUNCH MAN: A HERO NOBODY KNOWS

The first "One Punch Man" game finally makes its debut! Dive into a dynamic fighting game experience with beloved characters from the first Season of One Punch Man! Play as your favorite hero – or become one!

YOU are the hero! Create your own hero avatar and choose your own set of powers and abilities!

Edge of your seat fighting! Dynamic 3v3 fighting featuring events as seen in One Punch Man such as meteors and other heroes.

King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride

King’s Quest VII: The Princess Bride is the seventh installment in Roberta Williams’ King’s Quest series, developed and published by Sierra On-Line in 1994.

Like the previous episodes in the series The Princess Bride is an adventure game primarily based on solving inventory puzzles. Though it sheds the the icon-based interface of the two previous games, in favor of a more simplified ‘smart cursor’ that is used for general interaction.

In this King’s Quest, Queen Valanice of Daventry has gotten the bright idea to marry off her darling daughter, Rosella. The young princess, however, is more interested in adventuring than marriage. Rosella decides to follow a magical creature into a whirlpool that transports she and her mother to another world. Rosella and her mother wind up separated and Rosella is turned into a troll. You get the chance to play as both Rosella and her mother. Alternating the story between Rosella and Queen Valanice, as told in chapters, the two must find each other and stop an evil sorceress to get home. Sort of reminds me of the storyline from the movie Brave. Not to mention the departure from the realistic drawing style of the other entries in the series, in exchange for more brightly colored Disney-esque graphics.

DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT

Get the achievement: The Power of Friendship​

Use 10 Super Attack Assists

People who have completed the challenge:​

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the [HIDETHANKS][/HIDETHANKS] tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
After a really strong first month that was January in terms of activity I can only see this trend to go up month after month.

Lets enjoy February :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: lashman and Arsene
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It has been 5 years since I first got this avatar. I've since made the occasional color edit. February 2015
it's a really good avatar ... almost as good as the photo it was based on, lol :p

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Is that kakarot challenge the bugged achievement? One of the 2 assist achievements won't unlock so I used SAM to get it. It's a really easy achievement and I know I did way more than 10. Wasn't going to wait and hope they some day patch it.

edit: lol it is the bugged achievement.

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Would've been nice to say happy Granblue Versus month, but it unfortunately got delayed in the US to March 3rd. Not the biggest bummer in the world, but I guess im double dipping for the import then since it's not like i already haven't spent a bunch on granblue.

Reactions: Arsene

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Would've been nice to say happy Granblue Versus month, but it unfortunately got delayed in the US to March 3rd. Not the biggest bummer in the world, but I guess im double dipping for the import then since it's not like i already haven't spent a bunch on granblue.

Almost 1 month after the JP release, no EU date, and more important, no PC announcement...

Hard pass.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Somewhat slower month.... I could maybe knock a few games out of the backlog... or just keep adding and complaining about it. Probably going with the second option :p

Looking at the retro challenge... I didn't really like King's Quest 7 at the time, I wonder what I would think of it today (at least it can't really be worse than KQ8).

And as usual, great thread and thanks for the hard work :)

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
or just keep adding and complaining about it.
yes, this ... do this ... that's what we all do ;)

Looking at the retro challenge... I didn't really like King's Quest 7 at the time, I wonder what I would think of it today (at least it can't really be worse than KQ8).
only one way to find out :p

And as usual, great thread and thanks for the hard work :)
thank you so much! :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Digoman
Status
Not open for further replies.