Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Quick question, what's the indie game that Tak Fujii made after he left Konami? I think it was a puzzle game about the Tube/Metro...

StationFlow!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildebeet

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
No kidding
They changed the font, and didn't bother to check if the new font would work

Before

After
The trailer for the update didn't have problems with the font, maybe it was a last minute change that broke stuff?

I guess at least they're not ignoring the problem, they just made an announcement about it:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your messages regarding the latest update.
We’re aware of an issue in which text appears to display outside of dialogue boxes in FINAL FANTASY III, and we are currently looking into this.

Thank you for your patience,
The FINAL FANTASY III team

Reactions: 「Echo」

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Quick question, what's the indie game that Tak Fujii made after he left Konami? I think it was a puzzle game about the Tube/Metro...

StationFlow!
Reminds me a lot of Mini Metro where it's more focused on pathing layouts that actual infrastructure / daily ops common in management builders.

Got my eye close on this as it does look like streamlined fun. Will likely bite when it exits EA.

For my money, Overcrowd is still king of the castle in this sub-genre though.

But it was also my GOTY so I'm likely just a tad biased, lol.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I might cave into the non-Steam version of FFXIV due to it beign so much cheaper than the Steam version. Just got the press mail that if you download the trial for FFXIV you can play up to level 35 without any time restriction, no mention if this is also for Steam.

I do want it on Steam, but according to Reddit there's way more often sales on the non-Steam version of expansion packs.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I might cave into the non-Steam version of FFXIV due to it beign so much cheaper than the Steam version. Just got the press mail that if you download the trial for FFXIV you can play up to level 35 without any time restriction, no mention if this is also for Steam.

I do want it on Steam, but according to Reddit there's way more often sales on the non-Steam version of expansion packs.
You should definitely get the non-Steam version otherwise you are at the mercy of Steam sales. They should really just make it so you can register the expansions on your SE account and play them anywhere since they can download through the launcher anyway.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You should definitely get the non-Steam version otherwise you are at the mercy of Steam sales. They should really just make it so you can register the expansions on your SE account and play them anywhere since they can download through the launcher anyway.
Does the standalone version have playtime tracking in any form?

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Correct, buying FFXIV on Steam is not recommended, better buy from third party seller or directly from SE.
Does the standalone version have playtime tracking in any form?
Yes, in game.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Ah, like WoW (played it many years ago), that's cool.

XIV Complete is really cheap on CDKeys, so might get it there.
You might want to consider waiting for the next patch. It is supposed to streamline the original base game content which is super tedious currently.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
fantomena and anyone else who plays an MMO, we have an MMO thread that needs some love!

Also, if any of you are in FFXIV EU let me know as i kinda fell off FFXIV a few months ago as i didn't have an FC to pull me through the dungeons and i was mainly playing FATES and Solo stuff. I'm a level 32 Conjuror ffs,

:blushblob:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The Division 2 package got the first movement in a year (appID changed) and that movement matches with some others we have seen in similar situations, like for example, Satisfactory package when it was going to go up, it's a pattern I have already detected from time to time so, although it's not confirmed that it's coming back (I FUCKING TOLD YOU IT WOULD) it's quite interesting that this change happens when exclusivity deal ends in 14 days.

Yeah its even the same type of update Satisfactory (huge influx of store tag changes) had before it got (re)announced for Steam. It was done 6 days prior to the announcement. I already own it on Uplay but god I hope they come crawling back to Steam because of how hilarious it'd be.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
So that means there's about a 95% chance humble choice will the the division 2 thrown into it in the near future because they need to get expansion sales

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It's so transparently click-bait from an outlet that has proved the worthlessness of its optics time and time again. Why glorify and dignify it by linking it here?

Reactions: Stevey

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Wait

fantomena and anyone else who plays an MMO, we have an MMO thread that needs some love!

Also, if any of you are in FFXIV EU let me know as i kinda fell off FFXIV a few months ago as i didn't have an FC to pull me through the dungeons and i was mainly playing FATES and Solo stuff. I'm a level 32 Conjuror ffs,

:blushblob:
32 Conjuror
Do the White Mage job quest ASAP

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Wait

Do the White Mage job quest ASAP
Already got it! I just need to do the MSQ Dungeons and it's there that i stall because of queue times or whatever. Once i've done the next two MSQ dungeons i'm a proper WHM with mount and everything. I just need motivating to play with others rather than solo or ad-hoc groups in FATES.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
holy fuuuuuuuck if this is anywhere close to true

Ampere will be dragging and kicking the shit out of AMD, PS5 and Series X.

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
I thought Bannerlord is releasing at the end of this month and now I'm disappointed :(

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Ubisoft Nadeo just announced a remake of Trackmania Nations on stream. Releasing May 5th 2020.

It will use ManiaPlanet like Trackmania 2/Shootmania and not Uplay. Hopefully it gets a Steam release but I guess I dont mind playing it through ManiaPlanet directly.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
UUUUHHHHHHHHHH I CANT REAAD THIS, WHERE IS MY FLOPS???????
I NEED TO KNOW THE FLOPS
I only know the number without special sauce. But it's really good and you will be pleased. I'll announce an announcement later maybe.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
No Brighton-London mainline?
That's a damn shame.
I'd have loved to suspend the service every three days for signalling errors and every two weeks for engineering works, and see the game turning into Bus Replacement Service Simulator
now that would be something :p lmao

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Didn't they do the Stadium environment in Trackmania 2? How's this going to differ? Or maybe they meant Trackmania United remake with all the themes in 1? Nations was basically the insanely hugely popular and super meaty free edition of United limited to the Stadium, I bought United just to support them after all the goodness but I don't think they've been able to recapture the magic and I don't see how yet another attempt after all the 2 stuff and Turbo will result in that.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
How long does it take Valve to process a refund? I'd asked for a refund of the AC: Origins cause I can get the gold edition super cheap on EGS and I bought the game back in December, will Valve actually refund me?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
How long does it take Valve to process a refund? I'd asked for a refund of the AC: Origins cause I can get the gold edition super cheap on EGS and I bought the game back in December, will Valve actually refund me?
No because Valve only refunds if you're requesting it within 2 weeks. December is way out of the refund range.

Reactions: Alextended
Status
Not open for further replies.