Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I imagine it's too early to ask this but just in case, is it expected that newcomers to the series will be able to get into Baldur's Gate 3?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I imagine it's too early to ask this but just in case, is it expected that newcomers to the series will be able to get into Baldur's Gate 3?
So much time has passed since BG 2. I'm pretty confident they will.
I played the originals multiple times back than and I do not remember everything tbh.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ok, so, a bit of explanation about the Division 2 thing I highlighted, let me explain it as much as I can so this get as clear as possible.

First of all, I follow all the EGS exclusive games that have Steamdb packages so I can keep track of every change, it helps me with my spreadsheet and my artwork monitoring sessions (new assets mostly, you know) and since January 2019, Division 2 hasn't had any movement, here you have a pic I took 2 weeks ago:

As you can see TD2 was marked as "last change: about a year ago" as the Steam metric changes didn't reflect (last one was in September 2019) as a change and those 2 were global here's the pic too with what I mean.

But last change wasn't a global one as it just affected Division 2:

Sure, tag reorganization is an automatic process but as you can see this is not a global change. This happened with Satisfactory, this is happening with "Where cards fall" and this is also seem to be happening with Division 2. I MIGHT BE WRONG, sure, I'm human and mistakes are made sometimes but trust me, I'm following my instinct and my knowledge of this pattern, I kept a track of this for so long that I feel like this means something.

PLEASE, don't raise your expectations, this is just a theory so please, enjoy it as it is. Thanks a lot.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

In short; we made huge improvements to the game and how it plays. Previously, we were not meeting the bar we set ourselves out to achieve. Thanks to you, both supporters and critics, we found ways to make steps forwards. For this update, we focused on the core playability of the game to lay a strong and fun foundation. We're happy with the result you can play now!

Maybe! I have ssd and GTX 970 and stutter was noticeable.
The 970's 3.5GB VRAM have become a real problem over the years after devs stopped bothering to pay attention to those cards (can't blame them, fuck Nv for that nonsense).

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, RTX or not, that is the question. That Nvidia tax :thinking-blob:
Eyeing 5700 XT vs 2070 super.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Hey i have a question....

I want to buy HL:Alyx as i have some money in my Steam wallet but im also holding out hope that the Index or at least the controllers will come back in stock before it releases. It says that HL:A is bundled with the Index so if i buy the game now would i get the price of it off the Index if it comes back into stock?

Anyone got any thoughts? Im guessing probably not and i should just wait until launch day to buy HL:A.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
2070 super + Rift S + Alyx.
Now to understand how to fund that :fearful-face:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Hey i have a question....

I want to buy HL:Alyx as i have some money in my Steam wallet but im also holding out hope that the Index or at least the controllers will come back in stock before it releases. It says that HL:A is bundled with the Index so if i buy the game now would i get the price of it off the Index if it comes back into stock?

Anyone got any thoughts? Im guessing probably not and i should just wait until launch day to buy HL:A.
I'll go with no, you could ask support but I don't think there's a system in place to do that. Why not just refund Alyx before buyng the Index? Or indeed wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Spangle

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I take it that the logical next step from a 970 is a 2070 super ?

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Maybe! I have ssd and GTX 970 and stutter was noticeable.
Makes sense, textures quality depend alot on VRAM, and the 970 doesn't have alot.

I take it that the logical next step from a 970 is a 2070 super ?
I think at this point it would be better to wait another half year or so, Nvidia's next series are likely to come out in the 2nd half of this year.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Mutant Year Zero, great game. The story is predictable but visuals and gameplay are great.
Now gonna focus on Arkham Knight, they really integrated the Batmobile into the missions a lot.

Reactions: undu and lashman

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
A little late, but here's my 10 minutes long impressions about this new game from STASIS devs:

In short, it's looks great, but gameplay is still has a lot of disappointing issues. Like, I'm not sure what the hell were they thinking when they were making an open-world adventure game without a quest journal. I'll continue playing it, but I expect the amount of pointless backtracking might be too big and it'll end up being too frustarting to play, so keep that in mind before buying this game.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I wonder when some games like Divinity Original Sin 1 will appear in a Humble Choice. It is usually on sale for ~10-12€, so that is the perfect price point for both Humble and the dev studio to feature the game in a Humble Choice imo.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I have to laugh about all those Dream threads about the "surge of creativity"
Developers grew up with PC modding and in the demo scene for decades and suddenly when it happens on console it is such a novel thing.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
I wonder when some games like Divinity Original Sin 1 will appear in a Humble Choice. It is usually on sale for ~10-12€, so that is the perfect price point for both Humble and the dev studio to feature the game in a Humble Choice imo.
The rule of thumb is this:

Do you want it? -> May be in Humble
Do you want it now? -> Not in Humble
Do you have it? -> In Humble
Do you have it because you just bought it? -> In Humble and Fanatical

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I love the idea of Dreams, but I would prefer things like being able to export ones creations and such. I understand that it gets little murky when one is supposed to just use everyones assets, that it has to be contained inside one property.

Reactions: Kyougar

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Just saw that Division 2 is free for 4 days. How hard did it bomb?XD
The Tim Sweeney effect.

Ok, so, a bit of explanation about the Division 2 thing I highlighted, let me explain it as much as I can so this get as clear as possible.

First of all, I follow all the EGS exclusive games that have Steamdb packages so I can keep track of every change, it helps me with my spreadsheet and my artwork monitoring sessions (new assets mostly, you know) and since January 2019, Division 2 hasn't had any movement, here you have a pic I took 2 weeks ago:

As you can see TD2 was marked as "last change: about a year ago" as the Steam metric changes didn't reflect (last one was in September 2019) as a change and those 2 were global here's the pic too with what I mean.

But last change wasn't a global one as it just affected Division 2:

Sure, tag reorganization is an automatic process but as you can see this is not a global change. This happened with Satisfactory, this is happening with "Where cards fall" and this is also seem to be happening with Division 2. I MIGHT BE WRONG, sure, I'm human and mistakes are made sometimes but trust me, I'm following my instinct and my knowledge of this pattern, I kept a track of this for so long that I feel like this means something.

PLEASE, don't raise your expectations, this is just a theory so please, enjoy it as it is. Thanks a lot.
Thank you for all the work you are putting into this, it is very much appreciated.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Thank you for all the work you are putting into this, it is very much appreciated.
No, Thank you all for cheering me up and your continuous support, it really means a lot, what started as a personal project evolved into a community tool that so far has been helping all of you more or less and in fact it made me learn a lot, there's still a lot to learn, a lot to understand and a lot to investigate but I think I wouldn't be making this without your support.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
MetaSteam March 2020 - Rise and Shine, ms. Alyx

MetaSteam March 2020 - This is going to be a hell of a month, Alyx

MetaSteam March 2020 - March is full of new horizons from hell to the citadel.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Not being able to play Alyx will be downright painful. This will be my first time watching a playthrough of a game, I need to at least see what happens in the story. All these years of waiting only to have the game running on a peripheral that I can't afford.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
MetaSteam March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Alyx
^This sounds good, Mor

That won't change anytime soon. Any restocking is affected by the coronavirus and the factory stillstand in China.
This sadly.

Also uh....the Index is pricey, why not go with an affordable Samsung VR headset? Heard those are good :X

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
That won't change anytime soon. Any restocking is affected by the coronavirus and the factory stillstand in China.
Valve said they will have limited stock before release.

Also uh....the Index is pricey, why not go with an affordable Samsung VR headset? Heard those are good :X
My excuse is that I have Steam Wallet enough for Index from selling csgo etc. items.
No way I'd spend that much "real money" for VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.