Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
New month!

I went back to Yakuza 0 yesterday, after a pause of 2 years. I was immediately lost in the story, and had to read an extensive recap to remember what was going on. Also, I haven't really got the grips of the combat controls again yet.

But I jumped back into the Cabaret Club Czar minigame and performed quite good for a 2 year absence. :steam_pigblanket:
Man Yakuza 0 is so damn good. Enjoy it! Everyone one should enjoy it if they haven't played it before. Great place to start and it has been in sale for less than $10 multiple times now which is just insane value.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Kiwami 2 is a huge step up from Kiwami 1, but I get the feeling going to Yakuza 3 after will be quite a step down? Meaning Y3 remaster isn't Kiwami level of remaster right?

Reactions: QFNS

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Kiwami 2 is a huge step up from Kiwami 1, but I get the feeling going to Yakuza 3 after will be quite a step down? Meaning Y3 remaster isn't Kiwami level of remaster right?
The Kiwamis are full-on remakes, while 3-5 are remasters, yes.

I think I might have to shelve my Yakuza 3 playthrough until QLOC patch these issues. The micro-stutters are getting obnoxious. Meanwhile, the bug report thread on Steam Community already has 16 pages so far. The games aren't even out for a week yet.

Reactions: QFNS and Le Pertti

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I still need to find a cheap copy of the original Max Payne game. I used to play a boxed version back in the day and never got it digital. Such an amazing game.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
End of last week has been rough as fuck. Moral was super low, sleep cycle nearly inverted from what it should be, I didn't even post that much about random shit here :confounded-face:
Let's hope this is a thing of the past now. Anyway, thanks lashman for renewing the best place on the Internet for another month :cat-heart-blob:

For those that followed the console release, did Nioh 2 get a DLC and was it like the first one, completely fucked difficulty-wise ?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Regarding

Just took a peek, had to roll a Sanity Check when I read 'Your controller comes in the box, so there's no need to research the best mice options or key switches to improve your performance.'

Otherwise, don't care about the article, I wouldn't say no to a PS5 or a whatever the new Microsoft box is called. Beginning of a gen is well suited for such purchases. Now there is the 'slight' availability problem, like fantomena already mentioned
And well, I'm very sorry corporate overlords, influencers, clickbait journalists of all kinds, but I was just billed 377 euros for two months of heat (and I'm freezing right now). So you will excuse me if I don't jump on your 500 euros boxes with 70-80 euros games.

Hmm, not sure the mood has gone up since last week.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The pandemic taught me that not reading/watching news and opinion pieces help my mental health quite considerably. There are times when I stumbled upon some breaking news happening in my country (like the recent mount eruptions, another plane crash, and a freeloader making a viral video about Bali) when browsing the etcetera section of Era.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
The pandemic taught me that not reading/watching news and opinion pieces help my mental health quite considerably. There are times when I stumbled upon some breaking news happening in my country (like the recent mount eruptions, another plane crash, and a freeloader making a viral video about Bali) when browsing the etcetera section of Era.
I stopped watching the news like 2 months into the pandemic and I'm not sure I want to change that.

It's just a constant barrage of miserable shit that I have no power over and serves no purpose other than making me more nihilistic.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for the thread lashman!
It's always nice finding new interesting games in the OP like HROT or Revolution: The Spark.

Also, fuck yeah Max Payne!!! Such an amazing game. Here's hoping March and April will feature the sequels and Rockstar will announce a 4th game any time this decade. Please :cryblob:

• Hug

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I think Im gonna have to. at least try, to finish some of my games in my console backlog today after Ive finished The Medium or those console games will never be finished. My PC backlog is neverending, but my console backlog is not big, it just contains some long games and games that may or may not be getting a Steam release.

Switch: Pokemon Sword, Paper Mario Origami King, FE Three Houses (quit this months ago, great game, but kept dying so I quit), Smash story mode, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (is this even finishable?)
PS4: FFVIIR (waiting for PC version), Crash 4 (Im beginning to think it will only get a Battle.net release, damn you Acti)
Xbox: nothing really that I really wanna play, using it as a game pass machine (FIFA mainly), but everything releases on PC nowadays

I thought about waiting to play Crash 4 tilll I get a PS5, but PS5 is never in stock here so...euh

Reactions: PC-tan
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Like clockwork as always, @lashman ! Thanks heaps.
February already? Yeesh, January flew by. Nice thread @lashman, as usual!
Thank ye for the new thread! @lashman
Yay, February! Great thread as always. :coffee-blob:
Anyway, thanks @lashman for renewing the best place on the Internet for another month :cat-heart-blob:
Great thread @lashman! 😍
Lovely new thread @lashman , thanks very much.
Thanks for the thread @lashman!
Thanks for the thread @lashman
thank you all ... it really means a LOT ... you're all the best! :blobhug:

Also, sign me up for that Secret of Vysehrad challenge. The secret got changed coming from the demo, and it's way harder to find now.
added ... congrats! :)

I knew about Nioh 2, but 30XX too? Damn.
you're welcome :D

It's always nice finding new interesting games in the OP like HROT or Revolution: The Spark.
trying my best to find some cool stuff to recommend :)

The title of this thread will be haunting me for the entire month though, as it's not really a joke, but a reality. :crying-face:
sorry :negative-blob:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Fantastic thread !
Thanks for the great thread, @lashman .
thank YOU! :blobhug:

Didn't know Room 4 was already out. I still need to play 2 and 3.
it was ... on mobile :p like a year ago or so

and yes - you definitely need to play 2 and 3 ... and also The House of Da Vinci 1 and 2 (different dev, but pretty much the same type of game ... also great)

PSA: Dizzy is out ... and free ... grab it before it gets nuked :p

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019

For those that followed the console release, did Nioh 2 get a DLC and was it like the first one, completely fucked difficulty-wise ?
Same deal as the first Nioh, 3 DLCs with difficulty spikes that make you put in the work to beat them, either through leveling, a nice build or really learning the fights.

(That is assuming a "normal" playthrough, if you're comparing Way/Dream of the Nioh and Abyss/Underground then Nioh 2 is more forgiving than Nioh, but they're patching in harder challenges because it felt underwhelming/too easy for many Nioh vets).

Reactions: Li Kao

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

There is more Skullgirls 😱
She was announced last year before the whole Lab Zero team leaving the company because MikeZ. It seems Hidden Variable took the game development as there is no Lab Zero mension in this trailer.

Regarding Annie, I think she was already released on mobile and now she finally coming to console/PC. There was a little teaser by the ending implying a new character might be released after Annie.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
PSA: Dizzy is out ... and free ... grab it before it gets nuked

Steam says the app is not configured or something. Did they already nuke it form Steam? Seems to quick

Edit:
Oh, now it works. Maybe something with Steam. I needed to try to install it a few times, and on the third or fourth time it worked.

• Sad

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Some more worthwhile article/write ups for y'all to check out

Also I cannot let you all suffer for lashman's shenanigans

I :blobhug: y'all too much to let you go through with that

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Reactions: Shahem

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Looks good, but it requires a hacked console which is not something Im willing to do. And looking at the graphics, the game is in need of some better textures.

Cmon Sony goddammit, announce the PC version already.
It has to release this year anyway. I know they have a console to promote but surely PC and Playstation can coexist just fine especially if Sony are truly willing to extend to PC with a platform of their own.

My personal guess is a new launcher + sub (PS Now with native play on PC, with some 1st party titles hence all the rumors about Bloodborne, God of War, The Last of Us, Days Gone etc..)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Sometimes I don't really know why I buy certain games. Especially MHGU as I haven't played much of World.
Been there! I've saved lots of money by only buying stuff I intend to play immediately. And it keeps the ol backlog leaner :smart-thinking-blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.