Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It has to release this year anyway. I know they have a console to promote but surely PC and Playstation can coexist just fine especially if Sony are truly willing to extend to PC with a platform of their own.

My personal guess is a new launcher + sub (PS Now with native play on PC, with some 1st party titles hence all the rumors about Bloodborne, God of War, The Last of Us, Days Gone etc..)
Bloodborne is being tested on Steam. I doubt there will be a new launcher unless Sony doesn't want their games to sell on PC.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Second teaser video from Creative Assembly in the past few days. It's probably a Warhammer 3 announcement since it appears to be too ambitious to simply be DLC.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Bloodborne is being tested on Steam. I doubt there will be a new launcher unless Sony doesn't want their games to sell on PC.
You can release on all digital platforms. I could certainly do without yet another player in this arena but Sony are not just a publisher, they are a platform holder in the console space and just like Microsoft it would not surprise me if they have something similar in the pipeline with PSN authentification cross play etc..

In the meantime I'll gladly buy Bloodborne on Steam despite me not being a Souls fan. Whatever proves there is a viable market for Sony AAA IPs on PC.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You can release on all digital platforms. I could certainly do without yet another player in this arena but Sony are not just a publisher, they are a platform holder in the console space and just like Microsoft it would not surprise me if they have something similar in the pipeline with PSN authentification cross play etc..

In the meantime I'll gladly buy Bloodborne on Steam despite me not being a Souls fan. Whatever proves there is a viable market for Sony AAA IPs on PC.
Well Im probably not buying Bloodborne on a Playstation launcher regardless of the PC version quality.

Im thinking Im gonna go "Steam or bust" for Bloodborne on PC.

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Well Im probably not buying Bloodborne on a Playstation launcher regardless of the PC version quality.

Im thinking Im gonna go "Steam or bust" for Bloodborne on PC.
And just like Microsoft I don't see Sony releasing their games on this hypothetical launcher only. Perhaps timed exclusives....

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
And just like Microsoft I don't see Sony releasing their games on this hypothetical launcher only. Perhaps timed exclusives....
If Sony is looking to release some of their games on PC they will do it with only one goal in mind: selling as many copies as possible. Making their games timed exclusive or fully exclusive to a Playstation launcher and/or Epic Store will not make that goal possible and Sony knows this considering they released Horizon on Steam, GOG and EGS.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
What are the good and chill match-3 games to get? I own Bejeweled 3 on Steam and its Zen mode would be what I am looking for but it lacks a certain something for me. Looking for something to listen to music, podcast or video essays while playing.

I am currently playing Paint It Back and I'm hooked. Amazing Picross game all around.

Any other Picross recommendations on Steam?
Heard good things about Pictopix. Also if you have a phone or tablet check out Konami Pixel Puzzle Collection

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Trailer for MLB The Show and it only confirms Xbox and Playstation:

More information will be revealed on February 3rd though.
Yes, game is not coming to Switch and PC (at the very least not day one) although it is weird considering the fact that Nintendo retweeted this back in the day which was an indicative of at the very least a Switch version.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
So uh, this month is 4 weeks long, starts from Monday and ends on Sunday o_O

• Gib
Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
This thing has the most annoying animations. They are absolutely beauitful in their pure handicraft, but it doesn't properly emphasise the important bits, who moves where, how the hits connect, etc. It's hard to follow and confusing. This could be much more effective with some better direction and understanding how good actions scenes allow the audience to follow what's going on clearly. Platinum Games, for example is amazing when it comes to that, and they make it look easy, when in reality it probably is a very painstaking work.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I've really fallen out of interest with Noclip ever since they really appeared to have become more of a marketing implement than something providing actual documentary. A lot of what they show no longer has any relevance with how games are made from a technical standpoint other than in the most vague of ways. Their documentary on FFXIV was the final straw for me.

Also, Supergiant sold out to Epic with exclusivity deals, so that makes it a doubly unpalatable video for me :p.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I can see why Supergiant would take EGS cash for a year of early access and testing, but I have to wonder if they soon realized they'd have made far more money if they just went with Steam day one. I bet most developers can't wait for that year of no income and nobody caring about your game to end.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I don't hate Stadia at all, but it was clear Google wasn't going to be there for the long haul. It's crazy that they're just shuttering the entire 150 person dev team like that. Where does Jade Raymond go now?
Devs will be absorbed into other Google teams. Executives, who knows.

Reactions: QFNS

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I liked Stadia so it sucks that this is happening.

Maybe Valve can get a license for the tech and incorporate it into Steam. Maybe Google and Valve can work on it after Steam for ChromeOS is released.
The Stadia business model is just not the right fit for the technology. I cannot see myself ever paying $60+ for one single streaming game. Value added content for subscription services, ala XCloud on Game Pass, make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.