Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I just checked and for some weird reason I own The Division 2 on Uplay Ubisoft Connect. I cant remember why. I never even played the first game. (Was it free at some point?`)
It was like 3 euros at one point.
Exactly. It was €2-3 sometime last year, because I remember picking it up then on the cheap, even if I am no way close to finishing The Division 1 yet.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Imagine how my mood is right now that I even stopped caring about Division 2 coming or not to Steam hahaha

I'm really done, at the very least, for the time being.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Remasters? Aren't they already released on Steam?
They're in the similar vein as Arland DX and Dusk DX -- not exactly remasters, but featuring additional storylines, quests, new areas, costumes and so on. Additionally, the DLCs will be integrated into the main game.

There won't be any perceptible difference in terms of graphics or performance (I hope I'm wrong, though)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Imagine how my mood is right now that I even stopped caring about Division 2 coming or not to Steam hahaha

I'm really done, at the very least, for the time being.
This one still hurts, probably because it was the first time I was really pissed off by an exclusive of that kind. I was so pumped to play it...
If anything taught me how to deal with that shit, there is nothing that bothers me anymore. Not even Judgement being a Stadia exclusive, not even a Total War on EGS.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I wonder if Google actually things buying timed exclusivity for Judgement will make PC folks flock over to Stadia to play it there.
Most likely they could have bought even more drugs with that money cause' I wouldn't touch stadia even if I was drunk. Hell, Google can suck it in all potential aspects, do you think I'm spending 40€ on a platform that relies on connection AND a platform you just announced you are giving up with 1P content the day before? ARE WE FUCKING CRAZY? I'm sure there are Stadia fans outhere, I mean, there's crazy people who think that pinneaple can be put on a Pizza but... C'mon, they just wasted probably 10 million dollars and the only outcome is that we are being fucked. why? BECAUSE CAPITALISM, BABY!!!!
This one still hurts, probably because it was the first time I was really pissed off by an exclusive of that kind. I was so pumped to play it...
If anything taught me how to deal with that shit, there is nothing that bothers me anymore. Not even Judgement being a Stadia exclusive, not even a Total War on EGS.
OH, I mean, I can wait but sometimes it fucking burns the hell out of me even tho I understand what's the less bad outcome, but C'mon, at least deal with a non fucking walking dead platform, Stadia will be lucky if it reaches 2022 without being plugged off.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
1) Price will be disgusting, as always.
2) What are the chances they'll fix the 720p UI assets still left unfixed for all these years in Sophie and Firis?
3) Loyalty discount? lmao.
If these turn out to be new ports, maybe Firis won't have the broken lighting and ambient occlusion that it currently has... xd
Loyalty discount, while I'm not expecting it, it would be nice to have one...

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
This Judgement deal is just unbelievable...

Very curious to learn more about the ME remasters, especially stuff like not being able to holster your weapon in ME3 that I fear might get ignored.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm also at the point where I really don't care about timed exclusivity deals anymore. Regardless of the game. I've just thought about it and even ridiculous ideas like the next Zachtronics game being EGS exclusive or a new Nier debuting exclusively on Stadia wouldn't get more than a "meh" from me. I guess this is what it's like to be getting old :p

Wait, if Silksong went EGS exclusive 2 weeks before release that would still piss me off. Not completely decrepit yet!

The Judgment deal is so funny and unnecessary. Even the Stadia subreddit doesn't give 2 shits about it.
I mean, to be fair, the people already on the Stadia subreddit aren't the ones that Google needs to convince to use Stadia.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Not gonna be specific, but let me just say that fans of video games will be in for a treat over the next years. Take that as you will, but in an undefined period of time from now I will tell you I told you so and you will say thanks :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
He may sound very generic but he's actually the only one to say we wouldn't have seen Elden Ring in 2020, specifing that Demon's Souls was a PS5 launch title before it was announced

• Hug
Reactions: beep boop

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Bloodborne PC is never happening :(
you all loose faith and patience too soon

OH WAIT, HOW YOU FUCKING DARE SAYING THAT, MOR? AREN'T YOU LIKE REALLY PISSED OFF BY THE JUDGMENT DEAL?!?
:crying-face::crying-face::crying-face:

I'm also at the point where I really don't care about timed exclusivity deals anymore. Regardless of the game. I've just thought about it and even ridiculous ideas like the next Zachtronics game being EGS exclusive or a new Nier debuting exclusively on Stadia wouldn't get more than a "meh" from me. I guess this is what it's like to be getting old :p

Wait, if Silksong went EGS exclusive 2 weeks before release that would still piss me off. Not completely decrepit yet!

I mean, to be fair, the people already on the Stadia subreddit aren't the ones that Google needs to convince to use Stadia.
And yet, while I'm in the same boat as you, still "hurts" in my little heart because I know it was the logical step when accepting this and because I know I will be there on day 1 steam release :crying-face:

I'M REALLY GRUMPY TODAY :blobclosecry::blobclosecry::blobclosecry::blobclosecry:

THANKS GOOGLE!

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
My guess is that Sony is waiting to have more PS5 available to sell, otherwise could be kinda pointless releasing new games - and giving BB Remaster only on PC at this point could piss off a lot of people
He knows, doesn't he ? The PC guy from Game Informer was openly teasing it also back in June.
yep that's the tweet from june

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
He may sound very generic but he's actually the only one to say we wouldn't have seen Elden Ring in 2020, specifing that Demon's Souls was a PS5 launch title before it was announced
not the only one :smart-thinking-blob:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The more I think about it, why does Stadia see Steam as a competition? If I had a machine capable of running Judgement well, why the hell would I want to buy it on a Streaming service? That's an entirely different market, absolutely no one will jump to Stadia for the spin-off in what is a fairly small franchise by AAA standards.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
The more I think about it, why does Stadia see Steam as a competition? If I had a machine capable of running Judgement well, why the hell would I want to buy it on a Streaming service? That's an entirely different market, absolutely no one will jump to Stadia for the spin-off in what is a fairly small franchise by AAA standards.
That's a good question. I feel like if you see dedicated HW as a competitor to your streaming service, then the consoles are actually more relevant than PC, given that they are also relatively low-cost/low-overhead options for people who just want to play their games with a controller on a TV.

I guess making Sega delay the console release would just have been too expensive.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Google is just anticipating the inevitable release of Gabe's STEAMIA.

• Toucan
Reactions: Mivey and lashman

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't be surprised if Judgment ends up needing the time of the exclusivity period anyway, taking into consideration the state of the Yakuza remastered collection (higher CPU usage than they should, and other technical issues).

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
There might be no exclusivity deal at all. It's possible that PC port will take longer to develop than the release scheduled for other platforms. It wouldn't surprise me if Xbox and Stadia had engineers working on their respective versions so it can launch alongside PS5. PC has no one financing such things, so it'll launch later (would especially make sense if QLOC is behind it, since they have 3-5 remasters to fix and 6 to port still, while possible fixing Cyberpunk as well).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
There might be no exclusivity deal at all. It's possible that PC port will take longer to develop than the release scheduled for other platforms. It wouldn't surprise me if Xbox and Stadia had engineers working on their respective versions so it can launch alongside PS5. PC has no one financing such things, so it'll launch later (would especially make sense if QLOC is behind it, since they have 3-5 remasters to fix and 6 to port still, while possible fixing Cyberpunk as well).
No, I absolutely trust the word from SMT Network, it matches with previous deals and, in case you didn't notice, it's the only Ryu Ga game not coming to the Windows Store alongside Xbox that would end up in Gamepass addition, to be honest, this port might have been done for some time and they just announced it when they thought it was ready, but this is the same deal as SamSho (except the EGS part due to various reasons but most importantly due to the shift on Strategy)

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
They found too many bugs and shit, couldn't bother with it more, cancelled.

Thats my current working theory.
I think our insiders would have let us know that if that was the case. And regardless of how difficult it is to bring Bloodborne to PC & PS5 (and nothing ever is easy in software development) it's still an extremely lucrative project.

• This!
Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
My guess is that Sony is waiting to have more PS5 available to sell, otherwise could be kinda pointless releasing new games - and giving BB Remaster only on PC at this point could piss off a lot of people
Sony should become the good guy Sony for a day and let Bloodborne come to not only Steam but the Series X as well.

Let people get hyped for Elden Ring by being able to play all their recent games on all platforms. It would be good for FROM.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I think our insiders would have let us know that if that was the case. And regardless of how difficult it is to bring Bloodborne to PC & PS5 (and nothing ever is easy in software development) it's still an extremely lucrative project.
My comment about BB PC not happening comes mostly from my feelings around Judgment, SEGA and Stadia.

Im just pissed off and pessimistic, that's all.

But I am considering starting up BB on my PS4 just to get it "out of my system", hoping it helps. Haven't played BB for some years.

• Hug
Reactions: Mor

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
The only game that would bum me out being Stadia or EGS exclusive is Persona 5 Royal. And I probably wouldn't care that much since I have already bought Persona 5 several times anyway.

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The ones that really disappoint me with exclusives are the studios signing those deals, so many of which were industry darlings, indies and crowdfunded studios. The way they threw the customers, the people who propped them up under the bus remains my primary cause of distaste for this whole thing.

They have spun it as a business decision to remove morality from the equation, which is sleazy. In turn, it'll be mine never to do business with them again. Heart Machine, Supergiant, etc, studios that I deeply respected have made the single worst decision they could have with those deals from my standpoint.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Leaving February 15

• De Blob (Console)
  • Ninja Gaiden II (Console)
  • World of Horror (PC)
Leaving February 16

• Shadows of the Damned (EA Play/Console)
Im both suprised and dissapointed that World of Horror is leaving already. The game is still in early access. Makes me happy I bought it during the Steam christmas sale. It's a fantastic game.

Despite owning Shadows of the Damned (it's quite good) im also suprised it's leaving as it is an EA game and EA is part of game pass now.

Now I wonder when Crusader Kings 3 is leaving game pass. Can be anytime I guess. Imperator Rome didn't last 1 year which I thought it was gonna last for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.