Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Miserable old git
Jan 22, 2019
google only considers PC their competitor ... not consoles

they already did that once - with Samurai Shodown
They did it with Serious Sam 4 excluding the console versions I believe. Though I'm still doubting it would have come out on consoles day and date anyway considering the PC version came in hot at release as well.

As for Judgement it is disappointing as it's one of the RGG Studio games I haven't played, but Sega may as well take Googles money for a dying platform. I've got loads to play and can wait for the exclusivity period to end, I just hope it isn't a long period of time. However I'll wait however long it takes so as I can use the PC version of this mod

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Nagoshi;)

[UWSL]:wd_topnep:[/UWSL]

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Bruhhh The stock market sure is something else. I remember my Econ teacher in Senior year telling us about the stock market and stuff for my stock project I choose EA and Take Two. had I pcurchased stock from them back in 2014 at around $20-30USD it would now be worth $200 USD a stock!!!!! So if you had 10 at $20USD back in 2014 it would now be 10 at $200 USD. So $200 is now $2,000!!!!!!

Funny enough one of my friends did invest a couple hundred into Gamestop all the way back in 2015

Feels bad man.

I want to point out this is basically how retirement accounts work in the US. You invest it in the stock market now and when you retire its supposed to be worth $1 million or whatever to last the rest of your days.

You can start any time and by holding for long enough you will just accumulate wealth that you can re-invest in the stock market, and so and so on. The only problem is when (like 2008) when the market crashes everywhere, and everyone loses tons. Since that rarely happens, (typically its 1 company or a small set of companies) its generally safe. I am not an investment advisor and this is not advice, though it is my opinion and I think i am right

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Also, funny that Sega would put a game on Stadia before the fucking 80 million seller Switch. Like, who the fuck makes these decisions.
Honestly considering how the PS4 can barely handle the Dragon Engine a switch port of Judgment sounds like a nightmare

• This!
Reactions: PC-tan

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
The Judgment deal is so funny and unnecessary. Even the Stadia subreddit doesn't give 2 shits about it.
The funniest thing to me is that, being a spin-off, it doesn't have the same kind of barrier to entry that Yakuza 7 had. So it could've potentially done even better than any Yakuza release. I still haven't bought Like a Dragon because I didn't want to play it before Y3-6 but I would've been there day one for Judgment.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
You can buy games on Stadia. Not sure why anyone would though.

Unless they're me, really want to play Hitman 3 and don't want to use the EGS... in which case, sure!
I legit thought about you when reading the news yesterday. Not in a mocking way, just ‘man, that sucks for nordschatten’.

• Hug
Reactions: LEANIJA

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Give it to panic button. If Doom can run so can Judgment.
I'm curious about this. From my understanding ID Tech and Vulkan helped with that. Sure Panic Button were able to do good work, but you can only go so far with the tools given.

The Dragon Engine would prove to be an issue, I mean it would look very ugly on N/S. Because from what I recall not even the PS4 Pro version had AntiAliasing in the Dragon Engine games.

There is the whole cloud route option that they can take but you know there is that whole band of "physical only people" and also internet not being fast enough which would limit the number of people being able to play it at all.

Nagoshi;)

I mean he is not wrong since Nintendo has had that image for a long time. But that doesn't mean that adults don't play on it.

If you are going to play big name AAA titles it makes sense to play them on more powerful hardware. When I was a teen I didn't have a lot of money so I mainly played on handhelds since the game were a lot cheaper and so we're the handhelds themselves.

It does suck how some platforms do get left out, I remember that when there was still PS2 and OG Xbox games into the PS3 and Xbox 360 cycle but they stopped making Gamecube games and I felt left out.

I am curious about N/S fans since a lot of them seem to be under this impression that anything that gets released on it will sell a lot. And maybe it will but what are the things that sell the most and is there a particular type of genre that actually sells pretty bad on there?

Also there has not been a Call of Duty on a Nintendo platform in a long time.

• This!
Reactions: Stevey

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I finished watching Souls and Outward. Both were nice movies and they both had their moments. They were a bit different than I thought they would be. I'm did feel that they were not as good as some people were making them out to be. Well Souls more so than Outward since I don't really remember a lot of people talking about that movie.

There was another animated movie that came out around the time of Souls but I can't remember it's name, people were saying it was really good as well.

The ending in Souls was different than what I expected but then again I guess the message of the movie was different then what I thought it was while I was watching it. Which actually made it anti climatic for me.

The Outward ending reminded me a bit of Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I finished watching Souls and Outward. Both were nice movies and they both had their moments. They were a bit different than I thought they would be. I'm did feel that they were not as good as some people were making them out to be. Well Souls more so than Outward since I don't really remember a lot of people talking about that movie.

There was another animated movie that came out around the time of Souls but I can't remember it's name, people were saying it was really good as well.

The ending in Souls was different than what I expected but then again I guess the message of the movie was different then what I thought it was while I was watching it. Which actually made it anti climatic for me.

The Outward ending reminded me a bit of Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2.
Hey, we have a Movie Thread !
That being said, obviously, not to keep things organized as I'm seemingly incapable or that myself, but to spread the love :cat-heart-blob:

edit
Not even 30 seconds from posting that I was hit by the gigantic hypocrisy of me saying that. I think I haves concussion.

• Hug
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Dec 5, 2018
I remember back in 2019 when SEGA was all like yeah ... we might release Jugdement on PC.

On the other hand it's probably for the better releasing so many similar games back to back doesn't sound like a solid plan.

But releasing on a platform that while not 100% dead, it essentially is sounds so random,

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Well, he's got a point. Until the Switch gets the unfettered releases from Alicesoft, Waffle or InnocentGrey, it will firmly stay in the realm of Kids and Teens. :dana_blanket:
Breaking news! Rance is coming to Switch!!!

thanks YouTube for providing the leak:face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

I am curious about N/S fans since a lot of them seem to be under this impression that anything that gets released on it will sell a lot. And maybe it will but what are the things that sell the most and is there a particular type of genre that actually sells pretty bad on there?
I remember reading an interview that Nagoshi got the impression that Yakuza cannot sell on Nintendo hardware due to Yakuza 1+2 HD on Wii U. To be fair, they were PS2 ports so it is hard to blame Nintendo fans not buying them.

I think, like all late ports, people are willing to pay good money for late Switch ports that run reasonably good. Doom, Resident Evil and Witcher 3 are sold fairly well.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Look at the bright sides folks, at least we know for sure now that Judgement is coming to PC. :coffee-blob:

There's a whole Yakuza franchise to play on PC. For the regular players, it may take them a few months to complete them.
Can't speak for others, but I have no rush to play Judgement. The deal sucks, but it will come to steam eventually.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Might surprise you but lately I haven't been so patient with this like I used to be normally, don't know why, but right now this deal is burning me inside cause' it happened the very same day Google closed doors to their 1P initiative and most likely the service will go down by the time 2022 is here, so this is the kind of shit that absolutely fucks me.

So, pretty much PC gives you tons of fucking money and you accept a deal from Stadia? are you STUPID? as we say here.

"Poderoso es Don Dinero" and "Hasta el mas tonto hace relojes suizos"

SEGA, you are in both of this examples, what you accepted and what you are.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
In better news, if you're from Chile or India and is interested in getting SW Jedi Fallen Order: EA lowered the game base price on Steam but didn't use the intended prices for those two countries:
Extremely weird. We also had normal prices on EGGS for a while (for Fallen Order) before they released their version of regional pricing (which matched with then high price on Steam).

Regardless, thanks for highlighting.

Thanks as always.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Mor

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
had I pcurchased stock from them back in 2014 at around $20-30USD it would now be worth $200 USD a stock
The issue is selling at the right time. I have sold Dota2 items for $60 and they were worth $300 a year later. I have not sold my DC hook when it was worth $700, held on it when it was worth $300, and it must be worth $100 now. If I had a bitcoin, I might have sold it for $1k, or $10k, and then it is worth $30k ; or wait for it to be worth $100k, and then the price crashes. Every strategy would have been perfectly executed... with perfect information a posteriori.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
People are saying Mass Effect news are coming today. I wonder if there is anything else? Nintendo direct, maybe?

EA accidentally said Apex Legends was launching today on Switch with crossplay a few weeks ago and never came out and said it was an error so a direct or partner showcase would actually not be out of the question.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
The Division 2 x Resident Evil collab event goes live tomorrow. I'm gonna install only to grab these outfits.

I just checked and for some weird reason I own The Division 2 on Uplay Ubisoft Connect. I cant remember why. I never even played the first game. (Was it free at some point?`)

I legit thought about you when reading the news yesterday. Not in a mocking way, just ‘man, that sucks for nordschatten’.
Ah thanks :cuteblob: but Im sure Google wont kill it right away... it will let it rot slowly before they kill it completely... and I do play to re-buy Hitman 3 on Steam in the future (a complete edition on sale hopefully).

But as others have pointed out, its sad what Google did with it because it IS awsome tech. I wish Geforce Now ran as nicely as Stadia does.

Yes, but how much exactly 🤔
Five huge sacks of cash :grimacing-face:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
1 - pr
1) Price will be disgusting, as always.
2) What are the chances they'll fix the 720p UI assets still left unfixed for all these years in Sophie and Firis?
3) Loyalty discount? lmao.
1 - price of pack will most likely be 90€
2 - I wouldn't be surprised but let's hope they fix them
3 - HAHAHAHA good one :evilblob:

• Toucan
Reactions: Kvik

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
EA accidentally said Apex Legends was launching today on Switch with crossplay a few weeks ago and never came out and said it was an error so a direct or partner showcase would actually not be out of the question.
Ohhhh, that would be sweet if true! Not confident that we will see the next Zelda there, but I wonder if we will see anything on Queen's list getting a reveal.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.