Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Should we open the livechat for this? It could be fun to find out which games are coming to PC. Well, maybe it's just an excuse to talk rubbish with everyone again, since we don't have E3 anymore.
not a bad idea :) make a thread with embeds (and chatroom)

• Comfy
  • This!
Reactions: Kvik and AshenOne
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I think this sort of convo might be better in a reactive and faster environment. So, yes. chatroom please.
yeah, that's what i was talking about :) we can create threads with stream embeds, and automatically linked chatrooms which automatically convert chat messages into posts ;)

Reactions: AshenOne

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So if Alyx was announced for PSVR I wonder how it would be announced. I mean Valve did it over a tweet. It would be funny if somehow SIE ended up marketing it like crazy as a launch title for the PSVR2.

Or would it also just be over a tweet as well?

Reactions: lashman

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Kinda wish there was a way to tell Steam not to add key redemptions to the Recent Games shelf. I like using it as my queue of games I want to play in the near future but I'm going through it very slowly and every time Choice day comes around the entire shelf gets taken over and I need to fuck around with games to bring it back to the way it was.

Alternatively, I could make a custom shelf specifically for it but then I wouldn't be able to "manually" sort it. I see now there's a 'Play Next' one that you can dismiss games from. Maybe I'll try playing around with that and see what I can do.
Holy toledo I agree! I was thinking the other day how it would be nice to have recent games and recently played separated. Adding games from bundles/sales and having the games I recently played drop down is a small issue, but it would nice to have it as a shelf option.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
That is a very nice QoL update. Did Steam ever add the ability to redeem free DLC without launching the game or bringing up the install window?

Reactions: xxr

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So if Alyx was announced for PSVR I wonder how it would be announced. I mean Valve did it over a tweet. It would be funny if somehow SIE ended up marketing it like crazy as a launch title for the PSVR2.

Nah they would put it in the PSVR2 software event and unveiling. They are gonna need something like that to sell PS5 owners on another expensive device.

Wouldn't be surprised if Valve shows their next VR game too around that time.

Also all this talk of PSVR and you gotta feel bad for Xbox. Phil Spencer really doesn't want VR on a 12 teraflop machine. Seems like such a waste and probably his biggest mishap as head of Xbox thus far. Even if they don't want to support it with their own hardware they should still let the console be compatible with other headsets and let devs make money on the platform.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Wouldn't be surprised if Valve shows their next VR game too around that time.
I can't wait to see what exactly Cidadel is since it doesn't seem like it's going to be nearly as straightforward as Half LIfe in VR but something new and different, and much harder to understand based on Source 2 leaks than Alyx was. Could work out well could be a disaster. It will be interesting to see.

Reactions: PC-tan and yuraya

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Now do the same thing for followed list, Valve.

It's actually easy to reach your whistlist from the button on the corner of any game store page. Followed list is more well-hidden, you need to go back to the front page, and open the drop-down menu to finally reach it.
This is in reference to the "Remove from wishlist" addition. Previously you had to go into your wishlist, search for the game and then delete it. This is much more convenient as you can do it directly from the store page.

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Persona 5 Strikers is pretty fun so far.

It stays true to my pattern of only enjoying musou style combat if its attached to an IP I like. Kamen Rider Battride War games being the only other musou's I have enjoyed my time with.

Basically this video, but swap out special effects for musou combat.

:face-with-tears-of-joy:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
This is in reference to the "Remove from wishlist" addition. Previously you had to go into your wishlist, search for the game and then delete it. This is much more convenient as you can do it directly from the store page.
which means you can remove games with hidden store pages - previously that wasnt possible without some extra script, if I remember correctly

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Good to know Sony is sticking with multi store releases. Wonder if GOG will be Day 1 or a late release this time?

Also the Steam library art is so much better than the PS4 box art. Really glad they changed it up for the PC release.

Something something Sony investment Epic something something.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

I don't even think it's a question of if it will be announced for PSVR2, Valve has said they would do it if it had the right hardware and from what has been said of the controllers it looks like it will be very index like. So I am 100% sure when Sony do their first video reveal and announce games for it, Alyx will be in the mix.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I am using. It works, the ads are gone. But the video feed still shows ads.

Some things that annoy me:
I am using Galaxy S9, video apps such as Netflix, Youtube and more make the screen brighter. Vanced doesn't for some reason and I don't know how to fix it.
When clicking youtube links you wont open Vanced, but the original Youtube app.

The only other alternative I can think is that you pay for Premium and you will never see ads
I use Vanced and it does the job pretty well. I'm not sure about alternatives, that's all I know since it's popular.
I'm using it as well. Alternatively, one can use something like Blokada to block all ads across the device. I believe it works on Youtube app as well.
I used it about a year ago and had no issues. It was a slightly saner experience than default Youtube, I don't know any more, sorry!
thx

Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It looks like SureAI is not done yet with Enderal. They're releasing the Special Edition version next month.

:thinking-face:
I don't suppose you can transfer your savegame from the standard version to the special version?
I think the game is amazing, but I don't think I want to throw 50 hours away and restart on the new version.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
:thinking-face:
I don't suppose you can transfer your savegame from the standard version to the special version?
I think the game is amazing, but I don't think I want to throw 50 hours away and restart on the new version.
Yeah, I stopped playing in the middle too because of a bug in a main quest. According to this, unfortunately they're not compatible.

• Sad
Reactions: Ascheroth

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
For Sony's stream on Friday. I'll sticky the thread when it's closer to starting time.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
👀

About time!

But what the fuck did you guys do to NarohDethan !?!?
Wait what, looks like he left? :negative-blob:
he's taking a break

For Sony's stream on Friday. I'll sticky the thread when it's closer to starting time.

you didn't create a chatroom with the thread :( (you have to do it on thread creation otherwise it won't be linked to the thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.