Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!

Dizzy Two

This is a legendary quest from the 80s, invented by the Oliver Twins, about a yolkfolk living in trees. The main character, Dizzy, constantly rescues relatives who get into trouble. And now he found himself on a strange island after his family was kidnapped by the Hunter. To save the Dizzy family, you need to communicate with the characters, as well as collect and use various items.

NUTS

Gear up your research caravan, boot up your GPS, spread out your map and head for the depths of Melmoth Forest. As a rookie field researcher, you’ll place cameras during the day, and watch the footage at night, tracking the movements of a scurry of squirrels.

Where do they hide their nuts? What puzzling routes do they take? And why do they behave so strangely?

You are a tiny cog in the ever-grinding machinery of Viago University’s research efforts. As a recent graduate, you’ve been sent on assignment to live alone in a dinky caravan in Melmoth Forest. Your job? To figure out exactly where the native squirrels nest. But the longer you spend in the forest, the stranger things begin to seem.

Each day, your mission briefing will give you a starting point, but it’ll be on you to determine the optimal layout for your equipment through trial and error. Explore the wonders and mysteries of the enigmatic Melmoth Forest at your ease during daytime, until night falls…

… when you can review all the content you captured in your DIY control center. Comb your footage for the information needed to complete your mission and send proof to your boss Dr Nina Scholz back at the research institute. With each new day, things get weirder and weirder. But with both of you working on the case, maybe you can figure out what’s really going on?

Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition

Experience the thrill of taking on hordes of fearsome yokai in a battle to the death in this brutal masocore Action RPG. Create your own original protagonist and embark on an adventure that will take you through devastated locales across Japan during the Sengoku period.

Much like the previous title which garnered much praise from fans and critics alike, Nioh 2 contains an original profound story surrounding military commanders from the Sengoku period. However, Nioh 2 goes above and beyond its predecessor by including the new Yokai Shift ability which allows the protagonist to utilize new powerful forms to defeat even the most formidable yokai in battle. New to Nioh 2, your enemies can now create a Dark Realm which raises the stakes of battle and creates new challenges for your protagonist to overcome. We hope you enjoy conquering fearsome monsters as you unleash your darkness in the world of Nioh 2.

Little Nightmares II

Return to a world of charming horror in Little Nightmares II, a suspense adventure game in which you play as Mono, a young boy trapped in a world that has been distorted by the humming transmission of a distant tower.

With Six, the girl in the yellow raincoat, as his guide, Mono sets out to discover the dark secrets of The Signal Tower. Their journey won't be easy; Mono and Six will face a host of new threats from the terrible residents of this world.

Will you dare to face this collection of new, little nightmares?

The Room 4: Old Sins

The Room: Old Sins features a strange, multi-room dollhouse to explore and continues the engaging puzzle gameplay of its predecessors set against the background of a tragic story. In a considerable visual upgrade from the mobile release, Fireproof Games have re-built, re-textured and re-lit every shiny object and atmospheric environment in the game to pull players further into the mysterious world of The Room.

The story of The Room: Old Sins centres on the sudden disappearance of an ambitious engineer and his high-society wife which provokes the hunt for a precious artefact. The trail leads to the attic of their home, and the discovery of an old, peculiar dollhouse…
Explore unsettling locations, follow obscure clues and manipulate bizarre contraptions to uncover the mysteries within Waldegrave Manor.

Fireproof Games are a small independent team working in Guildford in the UK. We self-published our first game The Room on iPad in September 2012 and were stunned with both the critical success and our new-found fan-base, not to mention multiple international awards. The Room games have changed our lives and we hope you enjoy playing them as much as we enjoy making them.

30XX

30XX combines the crisp controls and fluid movement you love from action platformers like Mega Man X, the replayability of a modern Roguelike (Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Dead Cells, etc) and co-op play into a single gorgeous package.

Awaken a thousand years after 20XX to realize the world that needed you is gone, changed irreversibly by the advent of the Synthetic Mind and a human race that's lost the will to reach for the stars. Explore the lush, verdant prison our world has become, and fight to save what remains.

Rise. Fight. Fall. Adapt. There's a sublime meaning in this endless cycle, somewhere, buried deep.

Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar is a classic isometric city builder game inviting players to experience the mysterious history and culture of ancient Mesopotamia. In the campaign, players get to rule over influential historical cities filled with magnificent monuments.

Build your city while you oversee the manufacturing of different agriculture and goods for your population. Solve problems, prevent population loss, trade with other cities, handle foreign relationships, take care of varying population classes and employee types across various industries and services, and many more. Nebuchadnezzar’s gameplay is geared towards all types of players: from beginners of the genre to experienced strategists.

Nebuchadnezzar’s main campaign contains more than a dozen historical missions covering the colonization of ancient lands to the conquest of Babylon by Persians in the 6th Century bc. Each mission summons a different time period in Ancient Mesopotamian history, providing comprehensive historical experience. Players must carry out tasks important to the specific time and place of each mission, including the construction of historical monuments.

During the campaign players will not only build complex ancient monuments, but design them too. Nebuchadnezzar features an in-game monument editor giving players complete control over their buildings. From structural design to color scheme to final details: it’s in the hands of the player. Will you recreate history or make history? It’s up to you.

Nebuchadnezzar was created with mods and localization in mind. Expand your experience with the full support of mods from new buildings, new goods, production chains, and even new maps, missions, and campaigns. It is almost entirely moddable. Localizing mods will also not be a problem. You can create mods in multiple languages and/or add languages to existing ones. This applies to the base game as well.

Persona 5 Strikers

Join the Phantom Thieves and strike back against the corruption overtaking cities across Japan. A summer vacation with close friends takes a sudden turn as a distorted reality emerges; reveal the truth and redeem the hearts of those imprisoned at the center of the crisis!

Jump into the stylish world of Persona in an all-new story

Dynamically control your team during explosive action combat

Battle across Japan in an epic road trip

Revolution: The Spark

Fight back in Revolution: The Spark, a story-driven, turn-based tactical RPG. With dwindling resources and enemies at every turn, what will you do to survive this revolution?

On the brink of revolt, the common people cry out for justice from their heartless queen. This story is set in an alternate steampunk world in the early 20th century in the Capital of the strongest Empire in the world. The game tells a story of a military veteran, Alex, who becomes increasingly frustrated with the growing corruption of the monarchy and the exploitation of the common folk. When Alex's brother gets arrested for an attempted coup, Alex will have no choice but to fight if he ever wants to see his brother again. It appears that a concentration of power lies in the hands of a powerful few. But there is more to this than meets the eye. These few are being manipulated by supernatural beings that feed off of the fervor, lust, and wrath of humankind. A spark of revolution will change it all.

Max Payne

Max Payne is a man with nothing to lose in the violent, cold urban night. A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder, hunted by cops and the mob, Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win. Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fighting to clear his name while struggling to uncover the truth about his slain family amongst a myriad of plot-twists and twisted thugs in the gritty bowels of New York during the century's worst blizzard.

The groundbreaking original cinematic action-shooter, Max Payne introduced the concept of Bullet Time in videogames. Through its stylish slow-motion gunplay combined with a dark and twisted story, Max Payne redefined the action-shooter genre.

HROT

Get the achievement: Secret of Vyšehrad​

Discover a secret of Vyšehrad Castle

People who have completed the challenge:​

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the [HIDETHANKS][/HIDETHANKS] tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Thank you for making these threads lashman!

I'm currently playing Yakuza 3 Remastered, it runs in 60fps mostly of the time though during the fights the frame rate fluctuates a lot seemingly for no reason, plus my CPU is always in high usage something that I wasn't expecting for a game like this one.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Max Payne is so good, one of the first games to be dubbed in PT-BR, I have fond memories of playing it on a Riva TNT 16mb vram lol.

Thanks lashman, amazing thread as always,

• Hug
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018

Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition

Experience the thrill of taking on hordes of fearsome yokai in a battle to the death in this brutal masocore Action RPG. Create your own original protagonist and embark on an adventure that will take you through devastated locales across Japan during the Sengoku period.

Much like the previous title which garnered much praise from fans and critics alike, Nioh 2 contains an original profound story surrounding military commanders from the Sengoku period. However, Nioh 2 goes above and beyond its predecessor by including the new Yokai Shift ability which allows the protagonist to utilize new powerful forms to defeat even the most formidable yokai in battle. New to Nioh 2, your enemies can now create a Dark Realm which raises the stakes of battle and creates new challenges for your protagonist to overcome. We hope you enjoy conquering fearsome monsters as you unleash your darkness in the world of Nioh 2.
Fuck yeah, Nioh 2!!!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Got a 25% coupon for Persona 5 Strikers so I preordered the deluxe edition and I copped Nioh 2 for 22% off on GMG so im definitely really excited about this month lol. Really glad I put money aside for both.

Also thanks for the new thread lashman! Glad I could help with the title :wd_heart:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Thread title is depressing because its too accurate...

But the thread itself is great as always! Thanks lashman :)

Kind of "calm" month for me in terms of releases. Maybe I can work on my backlog.... or not since I just bought the Yakuza pack on Steam for some reason.

Well, at least I used that EA Play promo on Steam to finish 5 games (NFS Payback, NFS Heat, Unravel Two, Sea of Solitude, Fe) so my list of completed games this year at least has some variety.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Can Yakuza remastered be set at more resolution than 1080p? Store page just mentions 1080p...

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Played and finished Destroy All Humans! and that's a PS2 ass game in terms of design. The new visuals look great and it's just goof off fun. I think one thing that sucks is that there are only four weapons in the game and they're not really fun to use. I hear the sequel fixes that so I hope they remake that one as well.

Next game on the list is Okami and it's great so far. Played a lot of it during Ps2 times but never finished with it for multitude of reasons. Looks great and the humor is enjoyable as well. Hopefully I don't lose steam this time and am able to finish it. I'm also trying gyro with this game and having mixed results. If anyone has a gyro set up that works well, let me know. Want to really give gyro a real shot before I give up on it. Seems like it could be a nice alternative to mouse and keyboard if set up.

The monthly challenge game looks cool too. Haven't seen that game before. The old school FPS renaissance continues on.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Like clockwork as always, lashman ! Thanks heaps.

I'm currently playing Yakuza 3 Remastered, it runs in 60fps mostly of the time though during the fights the frame rate fluctuates a lot seemingly for no reason, plus my CPU is always in high usage something that I wasn't expecting for a game like this one.
I've noticed this issue too. From the first tutorial fight, even. Also, after the boss fight with Rikiya I noticed massive stuttering for some unknown reason. I had to restart the game to get it back to playable state. I repeat the boss fight again and I can reproduce the same issue. Oddly enough, the stuttering don't occur when Kiryu is simply exploring Ryukyu (e.g. not getting into fights).

I've checked the Bug report thread on Steam Community and seems like plenty of people are having the same issue.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Like clockwork as always, lashman ! Thanks heaps.

I've noticed this issue too. From the first tutorial fight, even. Also, after the boss fight with Rikiya I noticed massive stuttering for some unknown reason. I had to restart the game to get it back to playable state. I repeat the boss fight again and I can reproduce the same issue. Oddly enough, the stuttering don't occur when Kiryu is simply exploring Ryukyu (e.g. not getting into fights).

I've checked the Bug report thread on Steam Community and seems like plenty of people are having the same issue.
After more testing I also noticed it only happens during fights. I locked it to 30fps while I wait for it to be fixed.

• Sad
Reactions: Kvik

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
February already? Yeesh, January flew by. Nice thread lashman, as usual!

Also, sign me up for that Secret of Vysehrad challenge. The secret got changed coming from the demo, and it's way harder to find now.

Speaking of HROT, I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in retro-style shooters. The current early access campaign is pretty light on content with only 8 levels, but they're damn good. I think it's the toughest of the recent wave of these games, with scarce ammo, limited health pickups, and enemies that can easily hit you if you lose focus for a moment. That difficulty, combined with the ugly aesthetics, makes the game feel really oppresive, yet often goes for quirky jokes. It's unique and weird and plays great. My only real problem with it right now is that the sound effects are limp, but the dev has already stated a plan to redo them.

• Hug

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Thank ye for the new thread! lashman

Looking forward to Nioh 2 and Little Nightmares 2 this month. Gonna go play through the DLCs for Little Nightmares. Played the main game on launch, but completely forgot about the DLCs.

• Hug

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yay, February! Great thread as always. :coffee-blob:

Sadly, I probably won't buy anything, even Nioh 2, as I can't afford them due to upgrading my PC. I originally planned to only buy an nvme SSD, but I learned that my motherboard doesn't support nvme, only sata. So I guess I'll have to spend more for a new mobo. Sigh.

FunnyJay