Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
PERSONA 5 STRIKERS IS THIRD GLOBAL TOP SELLER :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

This is based only off the standard edition I believe. The deluxe edition is a separate listing for whatever reason but Valve filters out multiple editions of games instead of just, combining them into one listing. Strikers was the #10 top selling game on Steam last week but you wouldnt be able to tell that by looking at the global top sellers because Deluxe was hidden and standard was like #30.
I'm kinda surprised considering y'know, the lack of the prequel.

Now if Atlus would hurry the fuck up with the Royal port.
Well y'know there are lots of people that own consoles and PC's. Me and my friends all played P5 on PS4 and bought Strikers Deluxe on PC.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Seriously, I think sales for P5S will be really good and that combined with the STUNNING debut of P4G will justify porting efforts for different Atlus projects, so far I think we will see Shin Megami Tensei 3 HD Nocturne on Steam sooner than Persona 5 Royal just for the mere fact that SMT3 releases this spring and I think a PC port (if Steam references in code were meaningful) is the perfect way to reach EVEN MORE people.

Not going to lie, Steam is the main reason why PC Scene is like this today, without Steam we wouldn't have half of the Japanese content we have today.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Royal will do insane numbers when the PC version comes out. Also if you have played P5, I would highly recommend Strikers. I'm about halfway through the game and am having a blast. I'm surprised at how much tighter the pacing is compared to mainline Persona games. That's the benefit focusing primarily on the main plot and not having to account for a calendar system or a ton of side content.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Genuinely wondering where Atlus will go from here. PC ports are faster and cheaper than console ports and they keep exceeding Atlus’ expectations so they’re definitely not gonna stop with Strikers.

SMTV seems like it has a Nintendo exclusivity deal but considering some of their other deals it probably won’t stop them from bringing it to PC down the line. Personally id love to see Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, P4 is already on PC so why not give PC players a chance to play whats essentially a direct sequel story wise. Also Persona 4 Dancing is a sequel with a goofy (but enjoyable) story mode as well and they already remastered it in HD for PS4 so why not?

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I discovered this game today and the atmosphere and theme reminded me a bit of Dark Souls. Since it says Definitive Edition I guess this is not the first time this game releases. Has anybody heard about the game?

I bought this with Google reward money.

I only played a few hours but if this was o on PC is going easier to control for sure.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Right now Nocturne is my priority. It's one of my favorite games and I can't wait to see it on steam.
It's an absolute masterpiece, one of those lightning in a bottle moments that are almost impossible to replicate.

• This!
Reactions: Valdien

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Devil Engine is being delisted? So, should I buy it? I had been waiting for a reasonable sale.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
it went up again.
Well, at least Dangen is finally out of the picture.
Devil Engine is being delisted? So, should I buy it? I had been waiting for a reasonable sale.
Yeah, it was delisted briefly a couple of weeks ago. I'm absolutely rubbish at SHMUPs, but the soundtrack is a killer, and definitely worth buying by that merit alone, in my opinion.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Well, at least Dangen is finally out of the picture.

Yeah, it was delisted briefly a couple of weeks ago. I'm absolutely rubbish at SHMUPs, but the soundtrack is a killer, and definitely worth buying by that merit alone, in my opinion.
Ok good. I'm going to keep waiting a bit to see how it pans out. Hopefully they can re-release however they're happy with it and I can sit out their drama.

Only slightly related but the Darius Twin SNES soundtrack is great: Darius Twin - Nintendo SNES (SPC) Music - Zophar's Domain

• Comfy
Reactions: lashman and Kvik

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Why does this sound familiar?
I've never even heard of Playism lol.

They are very involved in the Japanese indie scene. There is an event called bitsummit (it had grown over the years but they play a part in that), there is also another Japanese indie event that is very new and playism is also involved with that.

Speaking of indie publishers, remember Unties? Sonys music labels indie publishing thing? The games that they were set to publish either went to Playism or to Snow Cloud Leopard (I'm not too sure about their name).

By the way is there a possibility that some publishers will look more Into indie publishing? There are some indie/AA publishers that have had some big hits on their hands, such as Devolver Digital where some of its titles either sold very well or were critically acclaimed.

Konami is getting Into it and have only done one so far. Bandai EU is doing it and so far I think Little Nightmares is their most successful one.
SE has one but I don't think they have announced anything in a while, the last new thing that they announced was that one racing game.

Private Division exist and I can't remember what new stuff they are publishing.

AI stuff I don't think sells insanely well but a vast majority of it is "critically acclaimed" stuff and just stuff that people really like.

I think companies like Team17 and PQube are actually looking at different indie devs from different countries in Asia and releasing those world wide, Team17 has some hits but I'm not sure about PQube.

Everyone time to turn MC into a publishing label and make a hit. We will be rich. So what it going to be sell just 10 copies in 1 week or are we going to sell over 3 million copies in just 3 weeks?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Since I know that there are some MC members that are from France.

How does France feel about Daft Punk?

I was hoping that they would at some point do another tour and catch them live but I guess that's never happening.

I guess that Daft Punk inspired a lot of other artist

Like this artist

In case you don't know who this person is, these are some of the songs that they have done

You get what I mean

• Comfy
Reactions: Arsene and Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I was hoping that they would at some point do another tour and catch them live but I guess that's never happening.
Daft Punk was one of my earliest influences towards electronic music. It was truly the end of an era.

Last time I saw Daft Punk live was in 2007, I think? That was a great night, although I didn't remember much of it. But I remember I took a girl I really like at that time to their show and we had a great time.

Revolution 909 remains one of my favourite to this day.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Daft Punk was one of my earliest influences towards electronic music. It was truly the end of an era.

Last time I saw Daft Punk live was in 2007, I think? That was a great night. I didn't remember much of it (*I spent most of my early 20s as a highly-functioning alcoholic) But I remember I took a girl I really like at that time to their show and we had a great time.

Revolution 909 remains one of my favourite to this day.

Lucky,

Also I wonder what it was like to have been at their 2006 Cochella show

Reactions: Arsene

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Since I know that there are some MC members that are from France.

How does France feel about Daft Punk?

I guess that Daft Punk inspired a lot of other artist

Like this artist

In case you don't know who this person is, these are some of the songs that they have done

You get what I mean
I feel like a big part of my childhood is gone. Homework was my first contact to good electro music (we had a shitload of eurodance shit before that but don't even think of calling that music :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:). Big moments of my youth listening to this album.

Years have passed and their newest albums were not that appealing to me. Still good, but not as groundbreaking. Shaped for mainstream nightclubs, not underground free parties as Homework was.

Anyway, that's life, a lot of my favorite bands disbanded in the past, sometimes without making big announcements like Daft Punk did, a lot of my favorite bands turned to shit after great firsts albums (looking at you, Incubus, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Deftones, Korn...) new bands are coming every day with new energy and styles, so I don't feel bad about it and I'll still enjoy their sound.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Discovery is probably my favorite album of all time so its absolutely gutting seeing DP retiring. I enjoyed the faint hope that they’d release a new album again.

• This!
Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Their 3 main works that I like are Discovery, Alive 2007, Tron and RAM. There are a few songs from Homework that I like

Mainly

This one

It would have been cool to see this live

Discovery is probably my favorite album of all time so its absolutely gutting seeing DP retiring. I enjoyed the faint hope that they’d release a new album again.
Speaking of albums, I never pre-order music albums or anything but I do remember pre-ordering RAM since that's was their upcoming album. I ended up buying it with my sister (since I didn't have a job and I don't think I was getting a weekly allowance from my parents at the time.

Reactions: Arsene

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Yeah, that I understand. But there's no difference between global and my local top sellers. Is local top sellers not a thing anymore?
This is Spain local top sellers vs global on my end. Notice how CS GO Operation Pass is not listed due to my personal preferences as the text says.

• Eyes
Reactions: texhnolyze

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I feel like a big part of my childhood is gone. Homework was my first contact to good electro music (we had a shitload of eurodance shit before that but don't even think of calling that music :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:). Big moments of my youth listening to this album.
Is Eurobeat = Eurodance?

Status
Not open for further replies.