Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
I actually got an oled switch last weekend. After the announcement of Switch sports and mario strikers I knew I had to get one. In the end I still will get the Steam Deck but I am actually kinda glad that I am after Q2 2022. By then more games will be verified and a lot more issues will be resolved by then.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and inky

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Anyone also in Q1 get an email yet?
Me.

Appreciated that Paypal didn't offer the 4x plan they keep breaking my balls about, though. Fuckers.
Glad my financials are better than they were some months ago.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
THE EMBARGO IS FUCKING OVER

THE STEAM DECK IS A BEAST, THE FUCKING OPTIMAL EXPERIENCE, THE BEST EMULATION, PORTABLE PC, GAMING PC EXPERIENCE THERE FUCKING EXISTS FOR THE PRICE

AND IT'S A FUCKING CRIME THAT IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN OTHER FUCKING REGIONS YET, WHAT THE FUCK VALVE

THE STEAM DECK IS A BEAST, THE FUCKING OPTIMAL EXPERIENCE, THE BEST EMULATION, PORTABLE PC, GAMING PC EXPERIENCE THERE FUCKING EXISTS FOR THE PRICE

AND IT'S A FUCKING CRIME THAT IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN OTHER FUCKING REGIONS YET, WHAT THE FUCK VALVE
LEGITEMATELY, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FUCKING IDEA WHEN IT GETS TO THE OTHER REGIONS, I'M BEGGING GOD WHERE

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia

LEGITEMATELY, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FUCKING IDEA WHEN IT GETS TO THE OTHER REGIONS, I'M BEGGING GOD WHERE
We shall wait patiently

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Started up elden ring a ding and after an hour of gameplay and kicking the bucket 100 times I haven't stuttered once and at a constant 60 fps. Pretty darn happy I very recently built my pc in time for the release 😸
You are one of the chosen, very lucky.
I was having heavy drops and stutter basically every 5 mins, have since locked the game to 40fps in control panel and that seems to have eliminated drops and I havent seen any stutter like before maybe every 30mins there is the slightest of hitches. (Obviously this wouldn't be a solution for many, as it isn't 60fps, but for me I'm fine).

Last edited:
  • Eyes

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
You are one of the chosen, very lucky.
I was having heavy drops and stutter basically every 5 mins, have since locked the game to 40fps in control panel and that seems to have eliminated drops and I havent seen any stutter like before maybe every 30mins there is the slightest of hitches. (Obviously this wouldn't be a solution for many, as it isn't 60fps, but for me I'm fine).
Crap, that sucks :/

I don't know why I'm lucky but knock on wood...hope my luck continues

• Eyes

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Thank you to everyone who's tested and shared feedback with us regarding Experiment 13.

Keep the feedback coming!

Experiment 13 Updates

• Simplified the animations in the main carousel area
  • Added a switch to disable trailers which otherwise autoplay in this area
  • Set discounted items to be prioritized among items in the ON YOUR WISHLIST section
  • Updated all store hubs for consistency and introduced more relevant tabs and sections throughout

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
O! Ye Tarnished MetaCouncilors! I love this game.

I got completely fucked up for the first couple hours last night but I found a rhythm and killed a few bosses
(yo fuck that stone cat/dog/thing)

Similar to Durante, I haven't seen too many technical issues. I maxed out all the settings and my GPU is barely working. My CPU and GPU both worked way harder when I played Guardians of the Galaxy, fwiw. I do see it stutter a teensy bit when I'm charging across the landscape at breakneck speeds on the horse, but that seems reasonable given I'm literally traveling what feels like a billion miles an hour and it has to load some fucked up monstrosity in to assault me.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Happy launch day! We’ve seen some questions about what it means to be in the Q1 reservation group, and when these folks will receive their emails. Here’s how it breaks down.
  • All people who are in the Q1 reservation window on the Steam Deck store page will receive an order email by the end of March. (Q1 is Quarter 1, or January through March).
  • The first batch of emails has already gone out this morning.
  • The next batch of emails will go out on Monday, March 7th. (It turns out the logistics work out better if we don’t try to ship over a weekend.)
  • We’ll continue sending emails to Q1 reservers in the order their reservations were made on a weekly basis through the end of March (March 14th, 21st, 28th)
  • In April, we’ll start going through the Q2 queue in a similar fashion.

We’re working through our production schedules, and will have news soon for folks in the After-Q2 bucket.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Anyone else playing ER with an Xbox Series gamepad on PC? Do vibrations work for you? Sometimes my inputs won't register, which is annoying. Also, the performance is... not great. I don't know for whom the minimum spec is because I sure can't hold stable 60 fps even tho I exceed the minimum specs at 1080p.
EDIT. Also, this game feels like it has a big input lag.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Anyone else playing ER with an Xbox Series gamepad on PC? Do vibrations work for you? Sometimes my inputs won't register, which is annoying. Also, the performance is... not great. I don't know for whom the minimum spec is because I sure can't hold stable 60 fps even tho I exceed the minimum specs at 1080p.
EDIT. Also, this game feels like it has a big input lag.
I read someone who tried the Xbox controller yesterday and had troubles setting it up. My Dualsense worked fine tho.

• Eyes

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019

It's so stupid Valve continues to act like this little indie game company in a lot of ways when they have one of the largest and most used gaming platforms in the world.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

The limited region thing is definitely the most compromised thing about the Deck launch. I guess it's just that Valve has zero experience or connections with shipping hardware globally, and just made the decision to postpone that after the Deck has launched and they have a better idea about how many of these they can produce in a year.

If the Deck is a big success (meaning shipping like near or above a million this year), I 100% expect it to ship to more and more places by 2023. You can probably write off 2022, though.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Can you still unlock cheevos if you play in offline mode?
I got achievements for steam games in offline mode but it can depend on the game, it might show the achievement as "UNLOCKED xyz (Icon for achievement)" as a blank sort of tab since it can't grab the info if you're offline but it will be unlocked

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
You need to remember that offering electronic device for purchase is not same as digital items. Valve needs to offer support in region where they are selling item to accommodate consumer laws. And on top of that to have logistics to maintain supply chain to all of those regions.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

Case was supposed to arrive today but then it didn't. Bleh.

For some reason, it's almost unusably slow right now. I know the i5 6600k and GTX 970 are well past their prime, but it shouldn't be taking upwards of a minute for the start menu to appear. Browsing a basic webpage is basically impossible because doing anything makes itI freeze up. I did cheap out a bit and get a general-purpose HDD, not something made for gaming, but even then it should still be functional. Like, my laptop is weaker in every dimension and works fine.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021

Case was supposed to arrive today but then it didn't. Bleh.

For some reason, it's almost unusably slow right now. I know the i5 6600k and GTX 970 are well past their prime, but it shouldn't be taking upwards of a minute for the start menu to appear. Browsing a basic webpage is basically impossible because doing anything makes itI freeze up. I did cheap out a bit and get a general-purpose HDD, not something made for gaming, but even then it should still be functional. Like, my laptop is weaker in every dimension and works fine.
Well, it definitely has some good airflow

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
NOOOOOOOO don't put PC parts on Carpet. :anguished-face:

Static electricity is the enemy. Even if it doesn't break your parts outright it absolutely does cause damage at the microscopic level and that can add up or be made worse with time as current flows through the bits and bobs.

============

The first Tweet I see today lmao.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.