Community MetaSteam | February 2023 - A 90's dystopian adventure in the digiworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Whew, reviews for CoH3 are not great. Why does this keep happening with $60+ games? I hope they manage to fix the issues.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Sticking my neck out now because I genuinely don't know because I'm not terminally online with the video games news anymore (I literally didn't know PSVR2 was being released the other day, had no idea).

I'm aware of the inclusion of an old Soviet cartoon with racist bits in the game, but were there any statements by the company etc that implied or explicitly stated other things, such as support for the Russian war (not that they'd have a choice)?

Russia isn't Russians isn't Putin isn't ____ (insert here).

I think the theme of the game seems really neat, without knowing if it's quite explicitly a tankie game, or Russian nationalistic or whatever.

So just wanted to know what all was going on, because from an outsider perspective the Hogwartz situation seems far worse (noted center of hate group, noted and outwardly explicitly hate group member as leads of the entire game).

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Humanity is also coming to Steam wut.

Very interesting going from the massive amount of exclusivity deals with Tetris Effect to this.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
The shoes let you move around in the open world faster than normal. It's not a noticeable benefit but it's one of those things where in 15 hours of play you will technically save maybe 20 minutes because you were moving faster. You will eventually be able to craft better shoes to move even faster.

Gems are a late game item which allow you to duplicate and rebuild items you craft through alchemy. You can get them normally by destroying extra materials you find while gathering during the game. As a habit, you will be picking flowers, chopping trees, breaking rocks throughout the game and you will dump all those materials in your stash at your hideout. You'll have loads of spare stuff to convert to gems when the feature becomes available. This DLC just gives you a large chunk of gems to start out with but you can farm them later on if you really want them. It's also worth noting that this is advanced alchemy that is not actually required to beat the game. It's for the people who want to min-max their crafted items to get the absolute best possible stats on them. Maybe it's useful at higher difficulties or on that one DLC island which is designed to be extremely hard, but otherwise it's not a particularly useful thing.
Cheers. Both definitely sounds like something I don't need at all.

• Clean Seal
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I liked the gameplay of Suicide Squad, it's all about jumping and flying around and shooting brightly colored weak points.

The menu screen with endless stats in the dozens of thousands though? :ripblob:

Reactions: Arsene

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Unsurprisingly, the Naruto game is coming to Steam, I guess it combines the most important parts of the Storm games, but with the gameplay of Storm 4?

So get originals before it's nuked :p

Edit:

The website

has very strong vibes of "graphic design is my passion."

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
So get originals before it's nuked :p

Edit:

The website

has very strong vibes of "graphic design is my passion."
I don't think the originals will be nuked, story wise this feels more like it'll be a condensed version of all the games.
I guess this game is gonna be kinda like Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3/360 only), which was a condensed version of the first 2 Storm games.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

BG3 is coming out on August 31 and the PS5 is releasing the same day. And JK Simmons voices one of the Big Bads.
Same day release is big as their games (and crpgs in general when I think about it) always release on console like a year later. I know several people who are stuck on PS that will be super happy about this news.

Personally idk how they handle these games on a pad but I'm happy for them.

Reactions: oipic

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Suicide Squad looks great to me.

When we save all of the justice league from brainiac that means we can have another game afterwards in that universe with one of them

The game will be fine, I literally have no idea how it can do worse on PC than Arkham Knight which got delisted from sale on PC for like 3-4 months.

However people now just complain "oh ew, batmobile, ewwww batmobile"

• Toucan

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea that State of Play looked very weak. Not really feeling the Suicide Squad gameplay. Looks kinda like Crackdown and Fortnite lol. The cutscenes look pretty good tho so maybe the story will be good but wtvr. I think I would have loved for them to just keep making Batman games. This multiplayer GaaS stuff seems to be a disappointing step down for them and I expected much more after nearly an 8 year absence.

Well at least we have that Wonder Woman game and maybe some good new stuff will release once the new DCU gets going.

Also Baldur's Gate 3 looked good. That game is gonna be all I play in September so hopefully no other big games release that month.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I can't say Suicide Squad looks terrible - the combat and traversal look fun - but nothing about that showing refuted my impression that the IP/concept were forced on Rocksteady by WB execs craving GaaS revenue, and by the time Avengers flopped, it was too late to change course. for all the talk of different playstyles, the characters don't even seem to play that differently, with even Captain Boomerang and King Shark relying on guns. and with an always-online requirement even in single-player, and a gear score and battle pass, it's pretty hard for me to be optimistic.

but hey, at least Humanity is confirmed for PC and has a demo out now. That game looks cool.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I cannot remember one State of Play more boring than this. Totally unnecessary imo.
This would have been a good State of Play if they sprinkled more of their own 1st party stuff everywhere.

They used to be really good at these hype shows. Now they kinda fractured everything and push it out piecemeal throughout the year.

Both Xbox and Playstation want to be like Nintendo so bad but they can never hit that Direct sweetspot. They lack nostalgia, consistency and megatons.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
This would have been a good State of Play if they sprinkled more of their own 1st party stuff everywhere.
Grubb said they're holding back the big guns for the showcase around ~june. It makes sense that re4 and sf6 and even suicide squad were here as they'll all be out before then.

Fully expect FF16, Spiderman 2 and the official kickoff of the FF7 Rebirth hype train in this showcase. Probably going to get one of either FFT remaster or FF9 remake too, if not both as none showed up today. Pretty good chance Persona 6 could be there as well.

Reactions: yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Grubb said they're holding back the big guns for the showcase around ~june. It makes sense that re4 and sf6 and even suicide squad were here as they'll all be out before then.

Fully expect FF16, Spiderman 2 and the official kickoff of the FF7 Rebirth hype train in this showcase. Probably going to get one of either FFT remaster or FF9 remake too, if not both as none showed up today. Pretty good chance Persona 6 could be there as well.
Yea looks like June will be the next event stretch for the big 3.

Maybe we get Metal Gear and the next PC ports in that event too.

Also glad Xbox is gonna be doing the live theater shows again. Their presentation is really good and we get an even bigger blowout for Starfield + other future stuff.

And June is probably a good time for Nintendo to start teasing the Switch 2 for that 2024 release.

Not much else until summer now except that Epic event next month but that will likely be terrible.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Hubby and I are gonna pick up Sons of the Forest while we wait for Returnal patch he reckons. :sleep:

Seems like it's really popular with the streamers and it's reviewing well. The only thing which worries me is that it's Early Access, but then again I guess that's just about every game launched these days.

• Gib

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Hubby and I are gonna pick up Sons of the Forest while we wait for Returnal patch he reckons. :sleep:

Seems like it's really popular with the streamers and it's reviewing well. The only thing which worries me is that it's Early Access, but then again I guess that's just about every game launched these days.
What's wrong with Returnal that you are waiting on a patch for?

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It's funny to me that WB is releasing Suicide Squad in same year as Hogwarts and that Hogwarts, purely single-player game with 0 MTX will absolutely destroy Suicide Squad in sales and probably revenue. I know that SS is kinda their long game because it's GAAS but I have feeling that in the end it won't be success they were hoping for. And time they invest in post launch support won't bring that much money while Avalanche in basically same time will develop sequel for Hogwarts that will again earn them sh*t tons of money. Basically they will waste 10 years of Rocksteady for nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and yuraya

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

Newest version has a customizable quality ratio for DLSS, Pretty neat.

[DLSSQualityLevels]
; Allows overriding the ratios that DLSS uses for each quality level
; Must be enabled first (and ForceDLAA must be disabled for this to take effect)
Enable = false

; Ratios/multipliers applied to each axis of screen resolution
; Set to 1 to force this quality level to use full resolution (ie. DLAA)
; ForceDLAA must be disabled above for these to take effect!
UltraPerformance = 0.33333334
Performance = 0.5
Balanced = 0.58
Quality = 0.66666667

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
What's wrong with Returnal that you are waiting on a patch for?
We literally cannot progress past the first Biome without one or both of us suffering a "Fatal Error" crash.... Which in this kinda game is just shit feeling.
And it's only been happening since the patch they dropped the other day...

We played for like 4.5 hours on day one without a single issue or problem. Another one of those times where I really wish Steam let you turn down patches or roll back.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It's funny to me that WB is releasing Suicide Squad in same year as Hogwarts and that Hogwarts, purely single-player game with 0 MTX will absolutely destroy Suicide Squad in sales and probably revenue. I know that SS is kinda their long game because it's GAAS but I have feeling that in the end it won't be success they were hoping for. And time they invest in post launch support won't bring that much money while Avalanche in basically same time will develop sequel for Hogwarts that will again earn them sh*t tons of money. Basically they will waste 10 years of Rocksteady for nothing.
Its tragic. They were a top 3 singleplayer game dev in the industry. And now WB got them jumping around shooting purple spots.

The faster they can release this the better. The new DCU starts in 2025 and Gunn said all video games will be in the same universe as the films. So they can maybe get to work on new Superman/Supergirl game or something for the new Batman Brave and the Bold tie in.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I'm cackling that the 4chan suicide squad leak seems to have been 1000% real.

This game is going to be an avengers tier bomb.
What were the leaks?

I just watched the 6 minute gameplay trailer and man it looks like a 360 era shooter to me (third person shoot the weakpoint gameplay). Visually not very good looking either. People are saying it's an always online, battlepass GAAS type game but that doesn't come across in the trailer. Is that what the leak was?

Status
Not open for further replies.