Community MetaSteam | February 2024 - Let's bring democracy into the zone with love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Nightingale

Nightingale is a PVE open-world survival crafting game played solo or cooperatively with friends. Build, craft, fight and explore as you venture through mystical portals into a variety of amazing and fantastical realms.

You are stranded beyond our world, cut off by the collapse of the arcane portal
network. This catastrophe has left you fighting to survive in a labyrinth of beautiful and dangerous Fae realms.

Your goal: become a skilled Realmwalker, and navigate the web of transdimensional portals. Only then can you discover your way to the magical city of Nightingale, the last known bastion of humanity.

Helldivers 2

The Galaxy’s Last Line of Offence.

Enlist in the Helldivers and join the fight for freedom across a hostile galaxy in a fast, frantic, and ferocious third-person shooter.

Freedom. Peace. Democracy.
Your Super Earth-born rights. The key pillars of our civilization.
Of our very existence.
But the war rages on. And everything is once again under threat.
Join the greatest military force the galaxy has ever seen and make this a safe and free place to live.

You will be assembled into squads of up to four Helldivers and assigned strategic missions. Watch each other’s back – friendly fire is an unfortunate certainty of war, but victory without teamwork is impossible.

Pacific Drive

Pacific Drive is a first-person driving survival game with your car as your only companion. Navigate a surreal reimagining of the Pacific Northwest, and face supernatural dangers as you venture into the Olympic Exclusion Zone. Each excursion into the wilderness brings unique and strange challenges as you restore and upgrade your car from an abandoned garage that acts as your home base. Gather precious resources and investigate what’s been left behind in the Zone; unravel a long-forgotten mystery while learning exactly what it takes to survive in this unpredictable, hostile environment.

• Outrun the storm while facing strange perils in a world that shifts with every journey into the Zone
  • Your car, your way – scavenge resources to craft new equipment and configure your wagon how you want. Experiment with different mods and car parts to navigate a treacherous landscape, and look good doing it
  • Unravel the mystery of the Olympic Exclusion Zone, an abandoned research site in an anomaly-filled version of the Pacific Northwest
  • Original score by Wilbert Roget, II and featuring 20+ licensed songs

Persona 3 Reload

Step into the shoes of a transfer student thrust into an unexpected fate when entering the hour "hidden" between one day and the next. Awaken an incredible power and chase the mysteries of the Dark Hour, fight for your friends, and leave a mark on their memories forever.

Persona 3 Reload is a captivating reimagining of the genre-defining RPG, reborn for the modern era.

- Experience the pivotal game of the Persona series faithfully remade with cutting-edge graphics, modernized quality-of-life features, and signature stylish UI.
-Fully immerse yourself in an emotional, gripping journey with new scenes, character interactions, and additional voiceover.
  • Choose how to meaningfully spend each day through various activities, from exploring the Port Island to forging genuine bonds with beloved characters.
  • Build and command your optimal team to take down otherworldly Shadows and climb closer to the truth.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Granblue Fantasy takes place in the Sky Realm, a world where myriad islands float in a great blue expanse. Take your role as captain of a skyfaring crew, joined by a scrappy little dragon named Vyrn and a young girl with mysterious powers named Lyria. Together you sail with a colorful cast of crewmates, including kings and misfits alike, for Estalucia, a fabled island beyond the end of the skies.

In the Zegagrande Skydom, islands are guarded by powerful creatures known as primal beasts and winds carry tales of a secretive organization known as the Church of Avia. Unveil a web of intrigue reaching far beyond the borders of Zegagrande and engage in a battle for the fate of the Sky Realm itself.

Engage in real-time combat with a party of four in this character action RPG—choose from a diverse roster of skyfarers, each with their own unique weapons, skills, and combat styles. Teamwork makes the dream work with party-based mechanics such as Link Attacks and Chain Bursts to help you crush foes in spectacular fashion. Tackle quests solo or with the help of others for up to 4-player co-op and take down treacherous foes to score rare loot to further enhance your gear. Every enemy and party formation has its own strengths and weaknesses—the key to victory lies in working out how these pieces fit together.

Fast-paced combat not your thing? Assist modes can provide accessibility for gamers of all skill levels. Toggle on Full Assist to have all actions performed automatically during battle!

The Sky Realm is rich in lore and history. Browse Lyria's journal at any point during the game to access a trove of writings on the world's peoples, places, and more. In addition to the wealth of side quests available, Fate Episodes allow you to delve into the backstories of each member of your crew!

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

From Rocksteady Studios, the creators of the Batman: Arkham series, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a genre-defying third-person action shooter where the ultimate band of misfits must do the impossible to save the world: Kill the Justice League.

Join the newly “recruited” members of Amanda Waller’s infamous Task Force X (aka the Suicide Squad), Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark, as they set out on an impossible mission to Kill the Justice League. Drop into an expansive and dynamic open-world Metropolis ravaged by Brainiac’s invasion and terrorized by the heroes who once protected it.

Each Squad member brings their own traversal mechanics to help them navigate a sprawling and battle-torn Metropolis, combining free-roaming exploration and combat verticality for an unforgettable experience. Players are free to experiment with a variety of different play styles to unleash maximum damage on their enemies. Whether in single player or online with up to three of your friends, players can take on this suicide mission their own way.

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden

In New Eden, 1695, communities of settlers are plagued by a dreadful curse. As Banishers, step into their lives, investigate the source of evil, unravel chilling mysteries, explore diverse landscapes, and interact with unforgettable characters whose fate lies in your hands.

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is an all-new title crafted by renowned studio DON'T NOD, known for their acclaimed titles such as Life is Strange and Vampyr. Immerse yourself in an intimate narrative Action-RPG, taking you on an exhilarating journey between life, death, love and sacrifices.

Play as a couple of Banishers, Red and Antea, experienced spirit hunters entrusted with the daunting task of dispelling a malevolent curse through powerful rituals. Protect the living from the threat of lingering ghosts and specters, and become a beacon of hope in a world consumed by darkness.

Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance

Terminator: Dark Fate – Defiance is a real-time strategy game based on the Terminator: Dark Fate universe that follows the war between humanity and Legion's synthetic intelligent machine network. In the single-player campaign, you take the role of a commander in the Founders, a force made up of the remnants of the US military and guide your army in an attempt to foil Legion's plan to exterminate the last remnants of humanity. In skirmish and multiplayer modes, play as three very diverse factions: Founders, Resistance and Legion.

Take control of an army carried over from mission to mission on a series of large strategic maps. Make decisions about unit placement, battle tactics and abilities so that you just don’t survive but become the leader of the resistance against the machines. Hone your skills and military expertise by replaying and achieving the best possible outcomes.

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered

Play the Original Three Tomb Raider Adventures: For the first time ever, play the complete experience with all expansions and secret levels on modern platforms in this definitive collection.

• Tomb Raider I + Unfinished Business
  • Tomb Raider II + Golden Mask
  • Tomb Raider III + The Lost Artifact
Solve Ancient Mysteries: Uncover treasures of the ancient world by solving puzzles and unraveling mysteries lost to the ravages of time.

Globe-trotting Adventure: Follow Lara Croft around the world and face off against deadly foes and dangerous myths.

Lovingly Restored: Experience the classics boasting upgraded graphics, with the option to switch to the original polygon look at any time.

Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash

Aim to become the strongest together by taking advantage of the characteristics of each technique, aiming for a Joint Attack that is triggered by combining attacks, and working together in harmony to assess the battle situation!

Familiar members such as Yuji Itadori, Megumi Fushiguro, Nobara Kugisaki, and Satoru Gojo, as well as Cursed Spirits such as Jogo and Hanami, will also participate in the game.
Each character has his or her own unique Cursed Technique and actions.

As you grow in battle, more powerful techniques and latent abilities blossom.
Embrace the core of the Cursed Energy and win in the intensifying battle situation!

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS

The first title in the BUILDERS series, DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS, is bringing its handy crafting features to Steam!
Gather, craft and build to defeat defeat the evil Dragonlord and restore Alefgard to it's former glory!

In a world made out of blocks, everything that you see can be materials used to create! Farm ingredients, craft various items and build your base to unite the people roaming the ruins. From buildings to entire towns, you have the freedom to make your village your very own.

BUILDERS is set in the realm of Alefgard, the setting for the first ever DRAGON QUEST game.
The world of Alefgard has been plunged into darkness, its light stolen by the evil Dragonlord, and this story begins with the appearance of a young hero with a mysterious ability to build things... And so the stage is set for an epic tale in which the dark world of Alefgard is returned to life with the power of creation!

• Place blocks remotely, or destroy blocks with ease, with just a single click of the mouse!
  • Now Includes a helpful Undo feature, which allows you to put things back to how they were before!
  • Now Featuring Big Bash, a useful feature introduced in DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 that allows you to break all objects in a particular area in one go!
  • Terra Incognita, BUILDERS’ free build stage, the stackable block height is doubled!
  • Includes fun side content, like collecting figurines of NPCs and monsters, or gathering pixels and exchanging them for a variety of handy items!
  • Use Build Cards to share buildings with other players and bring their buildings to life on your island!

Goat Simulator 3

Pilgor's baaack! Take life by the horns and add Goat Simulator 3 to your wishlist today!

Gather your herd and venture forth into Goat Simulator 3; an all-new*, totally realistic*, sandbox farmyard** experience that puts you back in the hooves of no one's favourite female protagonist.

Join Pilgor and get ready to create your own whirlwind adventure on the island of San Angora. Lick, headbutt, and ruin your way through our open world in the biggest waste of your time since the original Goat Simulator! We won't tell you how to play (except in the tutorial), but merely provide the means to be the goats of your dreams.

STAR WARS: Dark Forces Remaster

Star Wars™: Dark Forces Remaster has been brought to life by the team at Nightdive Studios, fully remastered through its proprietary KEX engine, allowing the game to run on modern gaming devices at up to 4K resolution at 120FPS. New and returning players will enjoy Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster’s upgraded gameplay, high-resolution textures, enhanced lighting and rendering, and support for gamepads.

The original 1995 Star Wars: Dark Forces raised the bar for FPS games, offering players a significant degree of movement and interactivity, a large selection of items and power-ups, and engaging environments.

In the first Star Wars FPS video game, players assume the role of Kyle Katarn, a defector of the Galactic Empire turned mercenary for hire. Katarn joins the Rebel Alliance’s covert operations division tasked with infiltrating the Galactic Empire, where he discovers the secret Dark Trooper Project. The development of this powerful new series of Imperial battle droids and power-armored stormtroopers stands to strengthen the Empire’s grip on the galaxy unless Katarn and the Rebel Alliance intervene.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake

Guide two brothers on an epic fairy tale filled with discovery, loss, adventure, and mystery.

With their father suffering from a deadly illness, two brothers must bravely set out to find the “Water of Life,” the one cure that can save him. With no option for failure the brothers must rely on each other using their individual skills to protect one another and overcome the obstacles ahead in this unforgettable journey.

Hailed by critics when it was originally released, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is back! Faithful to the gameplay and touching story from 2013, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake features rebuilt characters and landscapes based on the original and has been updated to the latest generation of graphics, performance, and gameplay. Paired with a re-recorded soundtrack with a live orchestra, prepare for an emotional experience that will take your adventure to all new heights.

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
That was a surprisingly decent show earlier. I didn't expect to be interested in stellar blade and DS2 but now I'm leaning towards purchases. Even ronin looks better than the typical nioh junk they put out, I guess having an actual world will do that instead of procedural tunnels.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm thinking about playing Persona 3 Reload through gamepass as the price SEGA set is absurd and I think I can get at least 2 months of GP from those dumb MS points.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
New thread hell yeah. Thanks as always Mor

Will probably play P3 Reload eventually but it gonna be this month for me.

Almost done with Spidermans, gonna probably need to get Infinite Wealth next.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
On the Kingdom Come: Deliverance discussion in the January thread...

I absolutely loved it, and a lot of that stems from being arguably one of the most immersive RPGs you can play. The quest design reinforces this by providing logical alternatives (that you have to act on, it doesn't tell you about them). In an early part of the game you're being held in a castle. There are multiple ways to attempt escape. You can bribe your way out, steal armor to disguise yourself, and even have the lady of the castle help you. But you can also do something else... When my friend first told me he did this I couldn't stop laughing. There is a drawbridge between two sections of the castle with rocks down below. He jumped off, broke one of his legs in the process, and fled into the woods before the guards could take him back... This type of thing is rampant in the game. I wonder if I can do this. And most of the time the answer is yes.

Details that you'd brush off as not important because it's a game actually matter. The game instills this early on if you take too long to bring the beer back to your father — it gets warm. Likewise, when you decide to do things matters. Sometimes a set time is decided upon, or perhaps you take too long to move forward with a dire matter, and events move on without you. Not a game over mind you, but things may play out differently because of your absence. This not only reinforces your belief in the world itself, but it provides highs to the pacing that open-world RPGs often struggle with.

All of this, the seamless exterior and interior environments, some great characters and quests, and a surprisingly fantastic presentation (cutscenes, soundtrack, visual quality, etc.) really went a long way for me. It's also one of the few open-world RPGs that despite defaulting to quest markers ON, feels like it was designed with quest markers OFF. The combat isn't great, no, especially when fighting multiple enemies. Horses can also break a lot of the combat if you abuse it. The armor layering system is fantastic. It's already rare enough to see a clothes and armor slot, but here you have four layers for the chest itself! I can see why the realism mechanics may not be to everyone's liking, but they felt really appropriate here.

Anyways, just wanted to talk a little about why I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Persona 3 is out soon. I'm picking up the PS5 CE. It's a shame that PC didn't get a CE. It also sucks how the game has pre-order exclusive content.

By the way where is the photography thread?

Reactions: QFNS

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
It will probably be higher too since theres a good amount of people still downloading since they didn't have preload. 78 GB game btw
Yeah I will buying tomorrow, it's already midnight here and I don't wanna mess up my sleep time hah

Reactions: Gintaro

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yay new thread time, boo the year is already going too quick.

thanks Mor

interested in Pacific Drive. Granblue and Persona can wait for sales, they are more expensive than I would like.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Huge palworld patch released

[Patch Notice]
・Steam patch v0.1.4.0
・Xbox patch v0.1.1.3

Steam version v0.1.4.0 has been released.
(Xbox version v0.1.1.3 will be released as soon as it is ready)

Patch Notes:

===

▼Major Fixes
・Fixed an issue where the game would crash under certain conditions
・Fixed an issue where if another player's pal/base pal had HP 30% or less, it could be captured by using a sphere.
・Fixed an issue where enemy pals would get stuck in walls due to charge attacks.
・Implemented the first fix for an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the guild's total number of pals captured reached around 7000.
*The game no longer crashes even if the total number of captured objects exceeds 7000.
However, save data that has already been in this state (in the case of a server, the server's world data) prior to this update will still be unable to load.
We are continuing to work on fixing this issue permanently.

▼Key Configuration
・Added support for mouse side keys and numeric keypad in keyboard key configuration.
*Further improvements are currently planned, such as support for interact key configuration.

▼Player Issues
・Fixed an issue where players on dedicated servers and co-op (online) were receiving damage twice.
・Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
・Players will no longer pass through walls when dismounting.
・Fixed an issue where capture power strengthened by Lifmunk Effigies was reset when using memory reset drugs.
・Fixed an issue where armor could be equipped in the wrong slot.
・Adjusted camera positions of several Pals to make it easier to see when mounted.

▼Base Issues
・Specifications have been changed so that Pals who are manually assigned to a breeding farm will not become hungry and their manual assignments will not be removed.
・The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents.
・Reduced the speed and range of fire spreading on wooden buildings.
・Fixed an issue where manual work assignments could not be set at all under certain circumstances.
・Fixed an issue where extremely high-level Relaxaurus would attack the base during raids.
・Added several measures to prevent base Pals from getting stuck.
・Fixed an issue where Pals would get stuck while transporting items and would drop them on the spot.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would continue to cut down trees that were already cut.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base were on the verge of death due to unexplained falling damage.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would float under some conditions.
・Fixed an issue where if a farm was built on the second floor or above, work pals would be unable to move on the floors below.

▼Other
・Corrected incorrect text
・Measures have been added to prevent cheating and stealing other players' Pals.
・Many other minor fixes such as the addition of a UI key guide.

===

We will continue development placing top priority on fixing major problems and issues.
Thank you for your continued support of Palworld.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Great OP, Mor .

Will probably get Tomb Raider. Never actually finished the classic TR games, only remember fooling around and dying a lot when playing them on my cousin's PC like 20 or so years ago

Is this a thread 🧵?
Can't be, that's an invention of Meta, for their revolutionary social media app Threads.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Gotta say, January was a long ass month. I think because I got paid quite early in December (due to the Christmas break and all the bank holidays - I get paid on the last working day of the month), having to stretch that payslip through to yesterday was a slog.

Bring on the shortest month of the year!

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Until Dawn was really good. One of the better PS+ games I downloaded years ago and just played through to the end enjoying just about all the characters, story etc. So that is good release for Steam.

Speaking of Supermassive... It made me remember I still have Little Hope in my backlog from choice bundle years ago. I need to get around to playing it. Its playable on Deck too even tho its listed as unsupported.

Reactions: Ge0force

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Thank you Mor ! Palworld's success is amazing, I'm very curious to see if the developers can provide new content quickly enough to turn it into a mainstay.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I finished my Baldur's Gate 3 replay. I can't pretend that I saw everything, but I am pretty sure I saw all significant content this go around (I sorta rushed Act 3 last time as the Cyberpunk DLC and Starfield were looming). I can say I enjoyed my replay more than my original run, if only for the fact I had a better grasp of the mechanics (and I put Astarion in my party who constantly steals the show).

It is, alongside Persona 5 and Dragon Quest 11, one of the best RPGs I've played in the past decade (and maybe one of the all time greats). Alternatively, I don't ever want to play Baldur's Gate 3 again (unless there's an expansion or an enhanced edition). I was burnt out by the end of it. Who knew playing over 100 hours in 3 weeks would do that?

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Speaking of Supermassive...
Yes, about that... :) I started the first game in the Dark Pictures series this week. The fixed camera is driving me crazy, but everything else is incredibly well done. Glad to see Until Dawn coming to PC as well.

• Comfy
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.