Community MetaSteam | February 2024 - Let's bring democracy into the zone with love

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
One thing that occurs to me with Embracer (I am on time as always) is that they are sitting on tons of games that could easily be republished and make some money. Like slap an emulator around Timesplitters and start making some money.

I know it wouldn't have been enough to save all of the job losses but it might have shown that management had more than one braincell between the whole lot of them.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Cruelty Squad now has achievements:

It's finally playable :p

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I must be not very bright. I thought that one of the plots of DS was to "rebuild" America especially with how fractured it ended up becoming (still is). And people living in isolation? Trying to connect them all one package at a time? And also carrying around a bunch of dead bodies and stuff.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I must be not very bright. I thought that one of the plots of DS was to "rebuild" America especially with how fractured it ended up becoming (still is). And people living in isolation? Trying to connect them all one package at a time? And also carrying around a bunch of dead bodies and stuff.
Technically just to reconnect America, to have a communication line from the east to the west coast. The worlds problem and the whole beach stuff is still there and basically making life hard if not near impossible, and that larger issue hasn't been dealt with. So plenty of things for a sequel to go into. Not surprising for it to go pretty nuts, if it delves into the otherworld stuff more.

Honestly, for a Kojima game, Death Stranding started out pretty slow and restrained.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
That's about the level of what I got out of that game too. The rest was incoherent kojima noises. I have no idea what happened in that game I was just in it for the surprisingly chill vibes during the delivering parts.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
It's midnight but it still only lets me preload. WTF?
Edit: fuck, it only unlocks at 5am...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Cacher

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Thanks for the new thread. This month is pretty crazy on game release front. I am particularly interested in Thaumaturge and Banishers, but given my backlog, it will be months before I get to them.

Wanted to address something from january thread..

I've been wanting to replay this on PC for a while but never got around to it but from what I remember about the game it has a lot of interesting ideas (and a lot of jank) but it kinda falls apart because they're trying so hard to make a realistic game and reality, especially back in the 1400s or whenever this is set, is goddamn boring. The most exciting thing you do in this game is hunt animals with a bow and brew potions with an actual brewing system that isn't just "gather junk, press a button and create new junk". There just isn't a lot going on in the game because the worst thing that can happen is you come across a few bandits on the road and then you have to try to fight them with that horrible combat system and likely die from the attempt because realism dictates you die in a few hits and you're just a normal guy not Geralt so fighting 3 guys at once is an almost guaranteed loss.
I am really gonna disagree with this post right here. Because saying "back in the 1400s or whenever this is set, is goddamn boring. The most exciting thing you do in this game is hunt animals with a bow" seems awfully reductive to me. It completely ignores the dozens of well written, well designed quests and character interactions, for example. Or that one time I got lost in the woods at night and had to navigate by night sky to get back to civilization. Or the conquering of Vranik. Or investigating the counterfeiting operation. Or making sure my friend Johanka does not get burned at the stake by Inquisition. I could go on.

It grinds my gears to read what you wrote, because this game is particularly fantastic exactly because the developers couldn't rely on fantasy elements, magic, dragons and all that usual stuff, and still managed to pull of incredibly immersive and engaging experience - as long as one goes into it with an open mind and willingness to engage with it (which is also why I recommend hardcore mode, it forces the player to do that on deeper level).

Last edited:

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I don't expect to play many new releases immediately, but I have been keeping an eye on Pacific Drive. It being set in the PNW, on the Olympic Peninsula no less is another reason I'm interested in it — though it is procedurally generated, so I'm not expecting to recognize any landmarks.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I was partially wrong,but for the most part despite GBF getting a Steam Banner and selling well. It looks like Cyganes is barely acknowledging that it's on there. The most that I was able to find is that they did mention that the PC release would be a day after the PS version in Japan. That was 4 days ago.

Also what was Xseeds relationship to the game again? Are they the NA publisher of the game on PS? Since on Steam it only mentions Cyganes as the publisher.

SEGA/ATLUS has been doing a pretty good job of acknowledging that P3R will be on Steam at least.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Saw the Death Stranding 2 trailer. Fucking Kojima. I really liked DS1's gameplay but the story... Woof. I held some hope that the sequel would be better in that regard but the trailer is so full of Kojima bullshit I got a headache.
Yep, this is exactly how I felt watching that trailer.

I'll still probably play it eventually and enjoy the gameplay once again, and suffer through the story.

Reactions: Alexandros

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Imran Khan, former senior editor of Game Informer, said that there hasn't been any news about Bloodbourne PC/PS5 in years:

Bloodborne PC/PS5 was at one point in the works.

Haven't heard anything in literal years so I wouldn't hold my breath, but Lance was correct there.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I am really gonna disagree with this post right here. Because saying "back in the 1400s or whenever this is set, is goddamn boring. The most exciting thing you do in this game is hunt animals with a bow" seems awfully reductive to me. It completely ignores the dozens of well written, well designed quests and character interactions, for example. Or that one time I got lost in the woods at night and had to navigate by night sky to get back to civilization. Or the conquering of Vranik. Or investigating the counterfeiting operation. Or making sure my friend Johanka does not get burned at the stake by Inquisition. I could go on.

It grinds my gears to read what you wrote, because this game is particularly fantastic exactly because the developers couldn't rely on fantasy elements, magic, dragons and all that usual stuff, and still managed to pull of incredibly immersive and engaging experience - as long as one goes into it with an open mind and willingness to engage with it (which is also why I recommend hardcore mode, it forces the player to do that on deeper level).
It's definitely a YMMV situation. For me I was bored with it more often than not and can only remember like 1 or 2 quests from the game. I do still want to replay it on PC since I also have the dlc for it but you all know how those plans go. I've been sitting on this planned replay for like 3 years now lol. I have a rough time with overly realistic games that take place in simpler times (to put it nicely). I get incredibly bored with RDR 1 and 2 as well because the vast majority of the game world is so empty. I'm not saying I want a ubisoft game where something has to engage you every 3 seconds but I feel like these hyper realism games swing too far in the opposite direction too.

That being said I wish more games had its potion crafting system. I liked following a step by step guide and manually creating my own stuff, and if I did get tired of doing that the game still let you auto craft stuff once you created it one time. I just find no value in crafting in games because there's no effort or thought to it it's just go pick up a bunch of trash on the ground in various areas.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Bruh, some one hijacked the Steam X (formerly Twitter) account.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not or whatever but for the past like week or so Kitfox games (Dwarf Fortress) and Ghostship games (The Deeprock Galactic people) were like constantly barrage steam to make a Dwarf tag because "dwarves are cool" so they were doing like all kinds of reasons why and there was even some curator guy who literally tagged almost every game that vaguely had a dwarf in it and that's all his curator page does

Lol

lmfao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm not sure if you're joking or not or whatever but for the past like week or so Kitfox games (Dwarf Fortress) and Ghostship games (The Deeprock Galactic people) were like constantly barrage steam to make a Dwarf tag because "dwarves are cool" so they were doing like all kinds of reasons why and there was even some curator guy who literally tagged almost every game that vaguely had a dwarf in it and that's all his curator page does

Lol

lmfao
I'm talking about how Steam actually replied to a human being.

Years ago Wendys changed the rules of Twitter and it's because of that that you see corporations acting as if they were a human.

Are corporations people too? Well according to Twitter they are. Why else would Oreos say stuff like this.

Or in the case of Xbox this.

PlayStation does this sort of stuff.

And I guess Nintendo does stuff like this.

To an extent I would say some of the stuff that Steam does is more in line with what Nintendo does but at a much less frequency and more bare ones with the only exception being when ever they make those videos for themed steam sales.

I blame Community for all of this.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
In another time I probably would already have bought P3R.
But I‘m already playing several great games*, err, NOT playing them and I hate that I may drop them.
I really feel a need to get back to the physical world and not be 24/7 on a machine.
My health is a little worrying.
Today might be a miraculous change but for the past week I lived at night because sleep cycle goes brrr.

It was the cheerful, look on the bright side of life, post of the day.

….
Persona 3, though.

*Baldur’s Gate 3, AstLibra, Etrian Odyssey, PalWorld. I only play Against the Storm some days.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
In another time I probably would already have bought P3R.
But I‘m already playing several great games*, err, NOT playing them and I hate that I may drop them.
I really feel a need to get back to the physical world and not be 24/7 on a machine.
My health is a little worrying.
Today might be a miraculous change but for the past week I lived at night because sleep cycle goes brrr.

It was the cheerful, look on the bright side of life, post of the day.

….
Persona 3, though.

*Baldur’s Gate 3, AstLibra, Etrian Odyssey, PalWorld. I only play Against the Storm some days.
I certainly won't play it for 70€ when I bought the PS2 version 14 years ago for 20€

• Toucan
Reactions: Aaron D. and Li Kao

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for the thread!

I'm not really interested in anything releasing this month -- still wish Relink had full coop.

Also, that price Atlus is asking for P3R, lol.

Buy a RTX 4080 super and get a free copy of Palworld.

I wouldn't be surprised if that does happen at some point.
I would be slightly surprised actually. Usually you bundle things to make them more appealing since they don't sell as well as you'd like on their own. Both the 4080S and Palworld sell well.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Interestingly, Granblue Fantasy: Relink is currently global top seller (above Palworld).
It's more than twice the revenue per copy, but I still didn't expect that.
Almost certainly the most financially successful (at launch) anime-style JRPG on Steam so far.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Persona 3 Reload peak concurrent players so far is between Persona 5 Royal and Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth:

That's the third JRPG in a week to do big numbers on Steam.

Square-Enix executives continue to be mystified.

Interestingly, Granblue Fantasy: Relink is currently global top seller (above Palworld).
It's more than twice the revenue per copy, but I still didn't expect that.
Almost certainly the most financially successful (at launch) anime-style JRPG on Steam so far.
Just based on peak concurrent users, it's already #1. Tales of Arise was the previous record holder with ~60k. I think GBF can peak at like 90k over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.