Community MetaSteam | February 2024 - Let's bring democracy into the zone with love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

I finished my Baldur's Gate 3 replay. I can't pretend that I saw everything, but I am pretty sure I saw all significant content this go around (I sorta rushed Act 3 last time as the Cyberpunk DLC and Starfield were looming). I can say I enjoyed my replay more than my original run, if only for the fact I had a better grasp of the mechanics (and I put Astarion in my party who constantly steals the show).

It is, alongside Persona 5 and Dragon Quest 11, one of the best RPGs I've played in the past decade (and maybe one of the all time greats). Alternatively, I don't ever want to play Baldur's Gate 3 again (unless there's an expansion or an enhanced edition). I was burnt out by the end of it. Who knew playing over 100 hours in 3 weeks would do that?
Damn, playing this through in Tactician mode is hardcore. massive respect. How often did you have to cheese the combat by putting things like exploding barrels everywhere?

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
  • Toucan
Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Saw the Death Stranding 2 trailer. Fucking Kojima. I really liked DS1's gameplay but the story... Woof. I held some hope that the sequel would be better in that regard but the trailer is so full of Kojima bullshit I got a headache.

saw someone asking in the last thread why DS2 was subtitled "On the Beach." It's presumably a reference to this movie
It might be a reference but there was also something called "The Beach" in the first game.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I can't help but love Kojima nonsense. It's nice to have a AAA game that isn't obsessed with maximising profit or clearly designed to be as safe and accessible as possible. It's very aggressively not a game for everyone, and simply exists to please the weird and strange fixations of an old, pervy Japanese man who is way to obsessed with film and Hollywood.
I seriously feel gaming will be poorer once he stops and retires, and I don't think anyone could quite take that mantle. No one else could command so much respect, and a large personal fan base that he can just get a blank check from gigantic publishers do whatever he wants and have it sell!

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Damn, playing this through in Tactician mode is hardcore. massive respect. How often did you have to cheese the combat by putting things like exploding barrels everywhere?
I didn't cheese it at all and just went with the most powerful characters (Paladin Tav, Shadowheart, Gale and Astarion/Lae'zel). Levels 1-5 were brutal and I died a lot. Also I did the githyanki creche before the Underdark which only made things harder. After you hit level 6 it's pretty smooth sailing outside of some optional bossfights. Even though I went with a team of top tiers, I still used Jaheria and Minsc a fair amount during Act 3 (especially for all the old game callbacks).

I did quick save like a fiend. Over 600 in total. Pretty sure I'll need to replace my F5 key at some point.

Edit: I have willingly not watched the Death Stranding 2 trailer. I want to experience the trainwreck spoiler-free.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA and Mivey

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Kojima has great high concept ideas and knows how to coherently write a theme, but the guy needs an editor.

Kojima’s at his best when he’s got someone to rein his nonsense in. MGS 1-3 are examples of this.

It seems he’s increasingly surrounding himself with yes men who all huff his supply, so we’re in a situation where we get Death Stranding, which is borderline incomprehensible.

Last edited:

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Thanks again Mor for new amazing steam thread, really appreciate the hard work and energy you put in this, just great! Thanks!

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Besides even the style of Kojima's works, I appreciate how much he leaves up to interpretation. Everything works by analogy rather than literally. And really Death Stranding was a great work, as it was about Kojima's father, and you could feel that in the storytelling.

Good artistry can be interpreted as the user. This is why the midichlorians B.S. pissed so many people off. If you ask David Lynch about the meaning of Eraserhead or Twin Peaks Season 3, he'll probably tell you to fuck off, which is right and correct to do.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for the thread, Mor !
Nothing much for me, mainly looking forward to Star Rail 2.0 next week and I'm also planning on finally jumping into Cold Steel III.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Another thing about Sony PC releases is that truly don't care to spoil entire game . spoiling game before PlayStation release huge no no, spoiling game before PC release who cares!!!

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I just love how a minute into the Death Stranding 2 trailer BB burps out a ship...

At that point you just know there is no point in trying to predict the story in this game. No matter what you think is happening with the characters and how it ends...Its clear Kojima is doing his thing lol. Its not gonna be anything you think it is. Just enjoy the art, direction and spectacle.

The one real question is will Kojima be able to replicate the crazy jump from MGS1 ===> MGS2? Graphically speaking it won't be that type of jump but writing and story related craziness it could be. There is some weird shit in this game including a puppet and the characters look a little odd in some of the scenes. It feels a lot more playful than the direction in the first game. I wonder if you couple Death Stranding with Overdose...and somehow these 2 games bleed into the PHYSINT game. Keighley did say "KojimaVerse" at TGA. Maybe a it was an intentional slip and all these games come together with the espionage title.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Besides even the style of Kojima's works, I appreciate how much he leaves up to interpretation. Everything works by analogy rather than literally. And really Death Stranding was a great work, as it was about Kojima's father, and you could feel that in the storytelling.

Good artistry can be interpreted as the user. This is why the midichlorians B.S. pissed so many people off. If you ask David Lynch about the meaning of Eraserhead or Twin Peaks Season 3, he'll probably tell you to fuck off, which is right and correct to do.
Exactly

Reactions: QFNS

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
No leaks for next humble choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.