Community MetaSteam | January 2019 - Steaming along through Epic storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delusi

Dec 21, 2018
And I'm sitting here, having not started Hitman 2.

In other news, I paused my Humble Monthly, because I bought Yakuza 0 on the launch of the PC version, and the other two revealed games are dead or soon-to-be-dead multiplayer games. Pity that removes my 10% discount, but oh well, it'll be back Feb 1st.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Good luck if you're using SpecialK for Tales of Vesperia: Steam Community :: Group :: Special K - "Kaldaien's Mod"

Seems pretty stupid. I get that Kaldaien has some attitude issues (the ol' "pirate moron" incident with NieR), but come on. If you think he's that antagonistic, just ban him. If you think he's actually creating malware like some claim, just ban him.

For better or worse, he provides valuable fixes for games that need it, and people still get away with creating dozens of accounts to antagonize the guy. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's ridiculous to let companies (Valve included) profit off of him fixing games that otherwise might be outright broken, but not actually do something to stifle the idiots bothering him.

Last edited:

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
Happy Birthday to you both!

Also your birthdays reminded me to make sure my birthday is hidden here since I used a fake one while signing up.

Reactions: lashman

Casper

Jan 20, 2019
Damn. Wanted to jump in to Battle Brothers tonight, I'd only played maybe 30 minutes of it since buying it 10 or so days ago. Now it just sits at a white screen at startup. Sadly grabbed it from Humble so can't even refund it. No idea what the cause is, though I do know that GeForce drivers have updated in the last week. Tried most suggestions on Steam and no luck so far. =(

EDIT: Oddly enough, was watching Process Explorer when it started it up this last time and notice it gets Suspended almost immediately. Restarted it via Process Explorer, which actually launched a second instance and it worked. Really strange.

Last edited:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Yeah, doubling down on the time-limited content (especially outside of the elusive targets) is kinda bleh.

I like that it's a GaaS that's getting care, but I don't like feeling like I have to go back and play it right now to make sure I get stuff.
Exactly. I want to play it when I feel like it, not when the devs say I have to. Thanks to this I'll have to skip the tutorials and try to finish this mission as fast as possible.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I started dead cells yesterday. Girlfriend reviews' quote about diarrhea christmas lights was hauntingly accurate. It plays really damn smoothly though and I like the idea of a steady stream of permanent upgrades to make dying less of a chore. I can see myself sticking with this for a bit.

Deleted member 113

This Hitman 2 time-limited content is a seasonal event. Like the recent Christmas event, that will probably be back next Christmas, I'm almost sure this event will be back next year.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I played Steamworld Dig 2 for free via Twitch Prime. I think that is the only instance of me using their app thus far.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Just wanna put another J-indie on some radars.

I got a coupon for it today, but I do not know what conditions had to be met to be a recipient. Anywho AGM Playism continues to be a great publisher on Steam.

zkylon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4
Nov 2, 2018
The solution to this is basically never planning anything.

I'm fairly decent at stealth games when I plan ahead, but part of the Hitman fun is definitely improvising on the fly.
honestly i think hitman is kind of a slapstick comedy game for me more than anything

which is fun cos i have a dumb sense of humor and hitman is it

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Opinions about this release needed (rom+emulator or proper port?) :eek:
Imo if they are leglly allowed to sell the rom and got the ok from the creators of the emulator it is fair game.
Bonus points if the rom itself could be extracted to be run on other emulators

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
How does Chaos;Child relate to the rest of the Science Adventure series? Is it like a spin off or sequel to Steins;Gate, or is it more like a Final Fantasy style relationship between games?

Also can I play Chaos;Child without having played Chaos;Head?

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Imo if they are leglly allowed to sell the rom and got the ok from the creators of the emulator it is fair game.
Bonus points if the rom itself could be extracted to be run on other emulators
They already selling tons of games from Infogrames (and some SNES games), so i don't think they have any legal issues.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I was able to beat the timed mission, although not in a very professional way. After roaming the level for some time, I ended up sneaking behind the target and a guard in the middle of the garden, and killed both of them with an icicle to the neck. Fortunately nobody saw me, which is strange because there were lots of people there. It was fun!

I also started the first game proper, completing the tutorial missions. Even in these guided levels, it truly feels like a true Blood Money sequel. There are tons of possibilities in these small areas, so I'm looking forward to the main missions. It's a shame Absolution soured me on the series and stopped me from playing this sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.