Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
If I ignore the f2p games like dota2 or tf2 I'm quite proud of my most played list.

I expect to put another 100h+ on Battle Brothers during the following months. Such a fantastic game!

edit: Funny that one playthrough of D:OS 2 took as long as 2 playthroughs of the first game.
I've got 122 hours in Darkest Dungeon.

Never managed to beat the darkest dungeon...

Still love it.

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Ok, so: RDR2 is literally unplayable for me.
In a scale MS Solitaire to Deadly Premonition, RDR2 breaks all records of unplayability, easily passing DP as the least playable game I've ever played.

So there is this error called ERR_GFX_STATE which clearly nobody knows what it is, and why it happens.
What happens is that whenever you start a game, it crashes to desktop right after loading and before rendering the first in-game scene.

Rockstar acknowledges the error, and suggests to launch the game with a command line option. (Tried)
Some say its caused by the graphics cache, and suggest to delete it from the game settings folder. (Tried)
Some think it's caused by the graphics API, and say to switch from Vulkan to DX12. (Tried)
Somebody say it's because of the fullscreen mode, and suggest to try windowed or windowed borderless. (Tried)
Some fixed it by launching the Online mode, and then loading the Story (single player) from there. (Tried)

I've also tried reinstalling the game; deleting all the settings files (both RDR2 and Rockstar Launcher).
I've even formatted the PC. I mean, it was long overdue, but it was working relatively fine otherwise... 😅

Some believe it's a game progress issue, as in: something in your game caused a breaking bug, which might corrupt the save.
Unfortunately you can't just start a new game, oh no. You can only continue the game, and then, from the in-game pause menu, you can save/load/start a new game. CLEVER!
It's less clever when you have a game-breaking bug that prevents folks to load the game altogether.

Anyway, I've tried all the things to make Rockstar acknowledge I don't want to load the cloud saved files, but just starting from scratch.
For example, deleting the local saves and then, when the launcher complains about the missing local files, ask it to copy the local files (which... don't exist) over the cloud ones.
Did it work? For sure it didn't fix the ERR_GFX_STATE crash, and I'm not even entirely sure if I'm actually loading a fresh game, as, like I said earlier, there is no load menu in the title screen...

Now.

I've got ~20 hours played, and I'm wondering if it might make sense to beg Valve for a refund, buy Disco Elysium instead (which is nicely discounted for a few more days), and buy RDR2 in a couple of years, when it's discounted to 75% and hopefully well patched.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Shit forgot to spend the points..

EDIT: thank god the page still worked via web browser.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Is there a way to check your drops? Some sort of log?

I'm only level 71 and I regularly receive boosters...

I haven't noticed any change in the drop rate since I went from 31 to 71 (thanks to that OP badge during one of the most recent sales). It's strange since you're level 116...
Steam Community

Insert your own user name of course.

I'm level 103 and get a booster pack about every 4.5 days like clockwork.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Damn, Episode 4 of LiS 2 sure was infuriating, I was getting really angry about all the stuff happening. Can't wait for tomorrow to finish episode 5

Reactions: Arsene and lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have just seen the blue & black dress (again) on Reddit, and it was white & gold. I thought someone had photo-shopped it to white & gold for a joke in 2020 on Twitter, because I have always seen it blue & black before. So I open a new tab, look for the blue & black dress on Google, get comforted that it is not the same picture, then switch back to the previous tab, and the image has now changed to blue & black. What is happening?

That was the first time ever that I was able to see it white & gold, and I could have sworn it was not the same photo, and now everything is back to normal. I am bamboozled. How could I consciously switch back to the white & gold version?

Dammit. It was a person walking outside under a wonderful daylight in a white & gold dress, and now, I am back to the overexposed photo of a person in a blue & black dress standing inside.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I have just seen the blue & black dress (again) on Reddit, and it was white & gold. I thought someone had photo-shopped it to white & gold for a joke in 2020, because I have always seen it blue & black before. So I open a new tab, look for the blue & black dress on Google, get conforted that it is not the same picture, then switch back to the previous tab, and the image has now changed to blue & black. What is happening? That was the first time ever that I was able to see it white & gold, and I could have sworn it was not the same photo, and now everything is back to normal. I am bamboozled.
It's gold/white in that tweet for me.
I've always seen it as gold/white iirc.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have always seen it blue & black, except for a minute during which I could have sworn it was gold & white. Now, it is all gone, and I cannot switch back.

The picture was so much better when I could see it gold & white instead. I am so disappointed now. I will need to check again next year, once I forget about it.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I'll be all over that KH 1+2 collection the minute it drops!
I'd probably buy it, since It would be a complete edition. But S-E being S-E it would launch at Full price and remain like that for an eternity.
Yeah, it will probably be full price once it happens, but wouldn't shock me if Switch and PC versions are getting announced the very same day, so, we will see...
It's probably going to be a port "compensation" release for the VIIR exclusivity and some other things, SE always does this, first an exclusivity but a late port to mitigate the timing.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Am I too late to post my list? I used 90h of playtime as the cutoff but that ended up being exactly my top 20 most-played.

Also, I did it. I didn't buy a single goddamn thing during this sale! And as if to tempt me, two foils I've had listed since like the summer sale finally sold on the last day lol.

All that money not spent was supposed to go towards a GPU upgrade but now I'm having second thoughts. The one I was eyeing seems to be out of stock everywhere and, while Amazon has more stock coming in a few days, the price randomly got like a 50$ bump for some fucking reason. Kinda regretting not locking in the cheaper price earlier this week but now I'm wondering if I should just wait anyway. Pretty sure RTX 3000 series is gonna be way out of my budget but should I expect like the 2060 to drop in price at all? I don't follow the hardware market unless I'm actively shopping around for something, so I have no frame of reference on what to expect.

On the other hand, I really want to play Witcher 3 soon and a GTX 1660 Super should run it (mostly?) maxed out at 1080p60fps. I'd also really like to have the upgrade in time for Cyberpunk just in case, because I have a feeling my 960 is gonna have a hard time with it.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Does anyone have an extra "Labor of Love" card and willing to trade it with an "Outstanding Visual Style" card?

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
My wishlist is definitely part "games I actually want to buy" and part "games that I might find myself giving a shot 3-4 years down the line after a sale".

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Big McLargehuge

God Cleaver
Dec 8, 2018
My top 10 Steam and GOG playtimes:

I have put over 1000 hrs into TF2, but I haven't played it in such a long time. I guess that's why GOG 2.0 didn't pick it up. :shrugblob:
Also, I was primarily a console gamer until recent years, so there are certainly games that would change this list if they were included.
looks at my 300+ hrs in Xenoblade 2 😳

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'll post my list at some point but there's a ton of hours played on GOG, games played without GOG Galaxy, and others like Cube World Alpha which was my podcast game for years which don't log time played centrally. As well as PS4 & Switch and Final Fantasy XIV to count too if i wanted. Which i don't :)

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Did a new patch got for Rust?
I mean the latest and greatest update thing they've done for rust was they put out the instruments update
Which included full MIDI support (Which is awesome)

It had a lot more stuff besides that DLC, they generally do smaller bug fixes every thursday and a big jumbo content patch the first thursday of every month. However this thursday (Today) they've been out of the workplace on holiday so not a big update, just taking out the xmas stuff.

Here's the blog about it

Status
Not open for further replies.