Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, this is going to be a loooooooooooong process.
In 90 minutes, I managed to clear around 1400 games (5600+ still remaining). It's like this: it deletes 100-400 games, then I'm blocked from the store for 10-15 minutes. :)
I would wait a bit. They're probably limiting it more than usual during a sale, I suspect it will go much smoother maybe even tomorrow already.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Speaking of the Resident Evil series, I have a bit of a love/hate with the series.

Despite, in theory, being someone likely to enjoy the first game (I'm a fan of classic zombie films, b-movies, ...), and owning the game on PC (the original version, and recently the remake), the Gamecube, and the Nintendo DS, I don't remember completing the first game (I believe I did finish it, funnily enough, on the DS, but I just remember hating dodging zombies and using my knife).
I did enjoy the second game (again, the original PC version).

After that, I tried a bit of 4 and zero (but never finished any), played and finished Resident Evil 6 (loved it), Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (also enjoyed both), but then I really disliked the demo of Resident Evil 7.

I currently have the remakes of zero, 1 and 2 unplayed (well, I did play a bit of the remake of 1, but dropped it again), and with the remake of Resident Evil 3 coming out soon(ish), I'm hoping to tackle the series in order this year.
Should I play zero before the first game, or should I play it after 1 (or 2? or 3?).

Reactions: Ge0force

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Speaking of the Resident Evil series, I have a bit of a love/hate with the series.

Despite, in theory, being someone likely to enjoy the first game (I'm a fan of classic zombie films, b-movies, ...), and owning the game on PC (the original version, and recently the remake), the Gamecube, and the Nintendo DS, I don't remember completing the first game (I believe I did finish it, funnily enough, on the DS, but I just remember hating dodging zombies and using my knife).

After that, I tried a bit of 4 and zero (but never finished any), played and finished Resident Evil 6 (loved it), Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (also enjoyed both), but then I really disliked the demo of Resident Evil 7.

I currently have the remakes of zero, 1 and 2 unplayed (well, I did play a bit of the remake of 1, but dropped it again), and with the remake of Resident Evil 3 coming out soon(ish), I'm hoping to tackle the series in order this year.
Should I play zero before the first game, or should I play it after 1 (or 2? or 3?).

If I were you I would start with RE Zero, it's a great game with some nice touches. You will enjoy 1 more because there are certain hints to what happened in Zero. In my opinion it's a very underrated Resident Evil game...

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Finished up my first game of 2020.

Played through Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on gamepass. After seeing that trailer during the Keighleys I figured it was worth checking out since its getting a sequel.

Didn't like the game that much. The sound design and graphics were excellent but everything else just fell flat. The repetitive rune/letter puzzles and the slow boring combat was no good. Kind of weird to see a developer overachieve so much in certain areas of the game just to do so much disservice to it all with such basic gameplay. The entire time playing it I couldn't stop wondering how much better this would be if it had a more polished Souls like combat system. What they did here instead felt so old school and not in a good way. From the clunky ass movement to the pedestrian watered down parry system...it was all just meh. Too repetitive and being as short as it was I still couldn't wait for it to end in the final hours. Like killing hundreds of those same 3 enemies wasn't enough lets have you do it some more and here is another puzzle you've been doing all game long.

So yea I don't think I can give this game more than a 6 out of 10. A good gamepass type of game but overall very mediocre.

They've got a lot of work to do for the sequel.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Play RE5 co-op, it's much better that way.
The GFWL ver. of RE5 is a beta branch of the game so u can set it to that for couch co-op at least.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Finished up my first game of 2020.

Played through Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on gamepass. After seeing that trailer during the Keighleys I figured it was worth checking out since its getting a sequel.

Didn't like the game that much. The sound design and graphics were excellent but everything else just fell flat. The repetitive rune/letter puzzles and the slow boring combat was no good. Kind of weird to see a developer overachieve so much in certain areas of the game just to do so much disservice to it all with such basic gameplay. The entire time playing it I couldn't stop wondering how much better this would be if it had a more polished Souls like combat system. What they did here instead felt so old school and not in a good way. From the clunky ass movement to the pedestrian watered down parry system...it was all just meh. Too repetitive and being as short as it was I still couldn't wait for it to end in the final hours. Like killing hundreds of those same 3 enemies wasn't enough lets have you do it some more and here is another puzzle you've been doing all game long.

So yea I don't think I can give this game more than a 6 out of 10. A good gamepass type of game but overall very mediocre.

They've got a lot of work to do for the sequel.
Yep.
I really feel like Hellblade is praised for its ambition more than its execution. It's repetitive even in theme and is a chore to play.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Also RE6 is an action game moreso than a shooting game.
So don't approach it as a shooting game; approach it as an action game...with a 1 button Attack button that changes the type of attack based on enemy and character situation

Deleted member 113

Also RE6 is an action game moreso than a shooting game.
So don't approach it as a shooting game; approach it as an action game...with a 1 button Attack button that changes the type of attack based on enemy and character situation
Yeah, I know. ;)
I played, and loved Resident Evil 6, and had a lot of fun with the Onslaught mode.

I paid nothing for the game (I sold a TF2 item that I got for pre-ordering a game, a "bunny ears" hat from Sam & Max, for a 80€ or so, so I ended up pre-ordering a few games without spending any "real" funds, like Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, and I made an "impulse buy" and pre-ordered RE 6, who had some nice pre-order bonuses and a nice discount, which I would otherwise skip), and it was the game that brought me back to the series.

The game felt like a compilation of different games (each character's campaigns played differently, Leon's were more in the survival horror genre, some of the others action games, and the different UI's made it almost seem like different games), with a good amount of content, fun alternate modes, it was a game I was certainly happy to buy, and play.
I feel it wasn't deserving of much of the negative reviews/comments I've read about it.

Reactions: MJunioR

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Any guesses on what we might get in the Humble Choice? It feels like everything has gone free or gamepass, so I don't even know what is left.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Didn't like the game that much. The sound design and graphics were excellent but everything else just fell flat. The repetitive rune/letter puzzles and the slow boring combat was no good.
That's my opinion as well. It's baffling that the developers spent so much time on a beautiful game world, while keeping the gameplay to a bare minimum without variation. Ryse had the same problem.

Or perhaps these games just aren't made for me. Many people seem to like Hellblade and Ryse.
Any guesses on what we might get in the Humble Choice? It feels like everything has gone free or gamepass, so I don't even know what is left.
Sekiro would be nice :)

Reactions: yuraya and MJunioR

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm guessing Void Bastards could be in it this time, since it was cleary intended to be included last time until last minute.
Maybe Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair because it just went free, might as well bundle it too for good measure 🤷‍♂️
Nioh, simply because I always held off buying because "it's probably in the next Monthly, right" and now that I finally bought it it probably will.
Maybe some Namco stuff.

It's hard to predict, lol.

Reactions: MJunioR and Nabs

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Sekiro would be nice :)
That it would. I doubt we'll get so lucky, but here's hoping.

I'm guessing Void Bastards could be in it this time, since it was cleary intended to be included last time until last minute.
Maybe Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair because it just went free, might as well bundle it too for good measure 🤷‍♂️
Nioh, simply because I always held off buying because "it's probably in the next Monthly, right" and now that I finally bought it it probably will.
Maybe some Namco stuff.

It's hard to predict, lol.
Nioh is a good guess, I'd be happy with that.

I imagine a bunch of survival games that I've never heard of. Maybe a Zombie game or two. Maybe Crying Suns, which is published by Humble. I'm still waiting on Salt & Sanctuary to get bundled.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
Void Bastards was "leaked" for the first one but then didn't show up. Maybe that?

(I want it.)

EDIT: Ascheroth beat me

Reactions: MJunioR

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Well Durante has his AMA on the 17th :thinking-face:
Wonder if it will be CS3 or something totally different.
That said I still don't plan to play it before having played Ao and Zero though.
17th?

Hmm suspicious.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Yeah same, but not only that but when I accidentally make the coffee too watery so can't even enjoy the taste properly.XD But still, I'm of the mindset of any coffee is better than no coffee.:D
Yeah at this point I drink coffee just for the taste.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Still haven't played Warhammer Total War... 1 :astonished-face:

Reactions: QFNS

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I used to play for a long time offline so my stats arent an accurate reflection but X-com 2 is my most played game at 200-ish hrs.

If i were to guess at the all time most played game it would be Trials Evolution on the 360 as i got right into track building (got awarded one of the spanners!). Must have spent many hundreds of hours in that game.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
My most played hours stats are pretty small potatoes as I admit I don't tend to stick with many games long term.

PS: the Fallout 4 hours are not due to me, that's all my brother. I played about 10-15 hours of it only; what a disappointment that game was.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019

That's my top tier, something on that list is still a wip. I'm missing a couple of DLC for ArmA and destiny will continue to be played until the third one will be released so it will go higher than that.
This is list is missing Starcraft II, 5 years non-stop of playing, and Battlefield 4 on Origin (At least 200 hours)

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Since everyone is posting theirs, here's my most played games on Steam:

Three of these games I only started playing last year (WWE 2K19, Red Dead Redemption II and Mordhau). I guess I spent a lot of time gaming last year.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Since everyone's posting their's , here's mine!

Of course, only steam and no MMOs, because Everquest would be 1, by really really far.

As expected the top 3 are multiplayer games.

PUBG still 1, even tho i played maybe 1 hour in the last year or so, same for Rocket League, don't think i have played it in the last 2years. So i expect Squad to become number 1 at some point.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
TheTrain Is there so much to see and do in Elite Dangerous? I always wanted to get into it but never grasped just how much there was to do in it outside of mining and combat?
I played it for a fair while back when it launched and whilst it has a reasonable game loop it is pretty repetitive. I did enjoy my time in it but there was a lot of 'grinding' to get money to buy better ships / equipment. You can make some fun out of exploring / landing on planets and mooching about / shooting pirates etc. I found the community events when they started doing those the best way to make some good money fast.

Reactions: Le Pertti
Status
Not open for further replies.