Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
If I ignore the f2p games like dota2 or tf2 I'm quite proud of my most played list.

I expect to put another 100h+ on Battle Brothers during the following months. Such a fantastic game!

edit: Funny that one playthrough of D:OS 2 took as long as 2 playthroughs of the first game.

Last edited:

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
TheTrain Is there so much to see and do in Elite Dangerous? I always wanted to get into it but never grasped just how much there was to do in it outside of mining and combat?
It's been almost two years that I don't play Elite but anyway I always follow what's going on every time an update come out. The core game is always the same, buy a ship, gain credit, buy a better ship and explore, what you've to look at is the amount of things you can do (For what your tastes are) to achieve that goal. Right now there is a proper quest system with different factions, NPC (Not someone that you can physically see but someone with a name and a backstory), radio comms and such, all of that makes the game feeling alive and less empty. (You're still in the universe so don't expect to find an HUB full of things to see/do/interact).
Every path is viable, combat, mining and exploring as well and the planetary landing is there (Even though limited to a rover).

If it clicks to you it's easily a +200hours game, as an MMO it's addicting as fuck.
But you have to like the endless grind of the genre, because that's all that Elite is. It doesn't have a main quest and no one will tell you what you have to do. It's the entire universe and you are part of it, just live your experience and do whatever you think it's enjoyable, even if it's not profitable in terms of credits per hour. That's how I enjoyed all that hours on it, Elite is and will be the most satisfying experience I've ever had in a game because of that. I think that no one will ever top the flight model and feeling that every ship has in Elite, no one.

If you want something more restrained, not a pure sandbox but something that's more "standard" as a game, you've to look elsewhere. Something like X4 will be perfect for example. You've everything of what Star Citizen is trying to achieve in a single player open world space game.

Don't look too much into the rating, the community for the X series has always been hard to please..

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Now that the winter sale is coming to a close, I did not buy much this year, mainly because I bought a lot during the november sale, but also getting fever and the cold demotivated me.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
So I have 8500 festive tokens. What should I be spending them on? Can I make some pennies off of anything?

Deleted member 113

So I have 8500 festive tokens. What should I be spending them on? Can I make some pennies off of anything?
Unfortunately, no.

Outside of a single discount voucher, all other items you can redeem can't be sold, or converted to gems.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
CSGO is like crack, I can go months without it but when I come back I'm instantly addicted again.
Witcher 3 would technically be number 2 since I played it first on Xbox for 100+ hours and the second playthrough was on PC.

Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure Artifact would be my second most played game if Valve kept the game alive. Those 80 hours were almost all in the first month of release.

Reactions: lashman and Milena

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
My most played games on Steam are Divinity Original Sin 1&2 and the Trails in the Sky trilogy. A single full playthrough on all 5 games. I have Witcher 2&3 on GOG, otherwise those would be near the top.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
All hail Steam cloud save. My Witcher 3 save from god knows when still intact.

Recommend me must have mods please.
These two QoL mods are great I think.

Deleted member 113

With my earlier attempts to clean my wishlist using Augmented Steam, I've been unable to access the Steam website (getting "Access Denied" messages) in over 1h. :oops:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

If it's not more obvious.
L-I-E-S!!!!

I'm shocked, this is truly a life-changer piece of news.

/S

It was obvious since day 1, S-E always follows the same strategy, watch Kingdom Hearts coming to PC in the next few months as a shadowdrop.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
This sale i bought one game on Steam and 1 on gog, and then one game my wife got me for xmas (outside of any dd store). I think i might try going back to the way i used to get games: 1 at birthday 1 at xmas - but in this case, i'll buy them. Should help with my ever expanding backlog.

My list:
  • Terminator Resistance
  • Infernium
Bonus that my wife bought: Viva Pinata

My lowest ever winter sale haul at 2 games. Feels good.

Sure is a lot of anime in that thread banner.
I approve.
Tag checks out that's for sure.

Dec 5, 2018
It was obvious since day 1, S-E always follows the same strategy, watch Kingdom Hearts coming to PC in the next few months as a shadowdrop.
I'd probably buy it, since It would be a complete edition. But S-E being S-E it would launch at Full price and remain like that for an eternity.

Reactions: Mor

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
With my earlier attempts to clean my wishlist using Augmented Steam, I've been unable to access the Steam website (getting "Access Denied" messages) in over 1h. :oops:
Sounds like you're being rate-limited, which happens when you send too many requests in a short period of time.

I got this a lot whenever I opened 50 store pages at the same time. :oofblob:

Deleted member 113

Looks like steam did ban you 😂

Have you tried another browser?
Yeah.

Thankfully, this is my work PC.

Still, what a major pain in the ass.
I still have half of my wishlist to clear (and I'm a bit hesitant to do this at home, and risk getting blocked).

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah.

Thankfully, this is my work PC.

Still, what a major pain in the ass.
I still have half of my wishlist to clear (and I'm a bit hesitant to do this at home, and risk getting blocked).
If you're being rate-limited, it's account-based and not IP-based. ;)

When you're experiencing this error, you can try accessing it via incognito/private session and see if the issue persists.

Deleted member 113

If you're being rate-limited, it's account-based and not IP-based. ;)

When you're experiencing this error, you can try accessing it via incognito/private session and see if the issue persists.
It does (on this PC).

But, I can access my profile on my Steam mobile app.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
I got also access denied. Cannot view my inventory or market.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
In the end I bought even less during this sale than I did in the Autumn sale. Well, to be honest I've added to my library both Dragon Quest XI and Final Fantasy XII which I was waiting for some time, so there's that. Other than those two I also bought Sayonara Wild Hearts, STEINS;GATE, Out of Park Baseball 20, Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered, Lost Planet 3 Complete and KCD Royal Edition bundle.

Now I really hope that Square does the same as they did back in November and do a sale on NieR as soon as the Winter Sale ends.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Winter Haul

Really wanted Devil May Cry 5
Rest are just good deals.

One game I really wanted, but couldn't get was ACE COMBAT 7 + DLCs
Hoping it gets a better discount in the future.
What game is that between Hades and RE2?

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Since i still had about 10 bucks of card money + the coupon, i figured i'd buy some games that i have been meaning to buy for a while, like Cuphead, and Deathsmiles so i can finally be able to play it without having to boot my 360. Plus some VR stuff because i need more VR games other than Beat Saber.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
My most played games by hours are for sure not on Steam - Everquest 1 / 2, Diablo 3, Minecraft, League of Legends, Starcraft 1, Fallout 2 (pre-Steam). All stuff I played pre-college.

Reactions: Kandrick

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
It does (on this PC).

But, I can access my profile on my Steam mobile app.
You're trying to clear your wishlist, right?
Maybe you could try to use AutoHotKey and let it run overnight.

You'd need to know the screen coordinates of both the "remove" link and the OK button in the confirmation dialog.

Then you should do something like this:

Loop, 2000 ; assuming you want to remove 2000 games.
{
MouseMove, X, Y ; remove link coordinates
MouseClick
Sleep, 1000
MouseMove, X, Y ; OK button coordinates
MouseClick
Random, value, 1000, 2000
Sleep, %value%
}

Edit: disclaimer... I haven't checked the syntax... It's been a while since I used AHK!

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

You're trying to clear your wishlist, right?
Maybe you could try to use AutoHotKey and let it run overnight.

You'd need to know the screen coordinates of both the "remove" link and the OK button in the confirmation dialog.

Then you should do something like this:

Loop, 2000 ; assuming you want to remove 2000 games.
{
MouseMove, X, Y
MouseClick
Sleep, 1000
MouseMove, X, Y
MouseClick
}
Thanks.:)

What a pain in the ass, just to clear a wishlist.

I've been unable to access Steam for hours from my work PC, I assume because of this.
Hopefully it's a temporary IP ban.

This network actually has a static IP, so it would majorly suck if I'll be unable to check Steam in the future because of this.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The only thing I ended up buying for the Winter Sale was Death Stranding and that was so that I can get all of the emotes..... An issue that accrued was that I did all of this at the last second and well had I just 2 more points I could have used them all up. So I was left with 498 points left unused....

I ended up buying Death Stranding on Steam since I don't think that there will be any keys sold for that game at a cheaper price prior to it's release, but I may end up refunding the game (since I am pretty sure that you can do that for pre-purchases) if the game does end up being cheaper on key site. But I am having some doubts about that and I would not be surprised if part of the "deal" to have it on both Steam and Epic was to not sell keys for the game (for which store would they be for?). I guess that on the Epic store you could have already gotten the game for $10 off compared to $5 off on Steam.

I have been trying not to buy too many games, I do have both RE3 and Iceborn on pre-order through GMG. I don't think I will play RE3 at launch though and I will likely play maybe 50 or so hours of Iceborn before dropping the game.

I guess that I am going to hold off on Play Deathstraning on my PS4 then. oh and if you check the Steam pictures for DS in your Steam library I am not sure if the name of the game is the default text or if that is the actual logo, they may want to fix that?
---
How much do you think that Hades has sold on Steam compared to EGS?

Deleted member 113

As a side note, I keep hearing about people getting foil cards, boosters, and whatnot.

I'm level 100+ on Steam, and I didn't get a single foil card all year.
As for boosters, I'm not sure if I got a single one, or if I got two. But no more than that, surely.

I really don't get it. A lot of people are lower level than me, and get foil cards plenty, and boosters.
I never get anything.

Heck, a while back I bought 25k gems, to generate boosters, I generated dozens of boosters (mostly for the same game, or two), and never got a single foil card.
I used to get more boosters, and the occasional foil card, when I was of a much lower level (despite Valve saying increased level = a higher % to get boosters).

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Thanks.:)

What a pain in the ass, just to clear a wishlist.

I've been unable to access Steam for hours from my work PC, I assume because of this.
Hopefully it's a temporary IP ban.

This network actually has a static IP, so it would majorly suck if I'll be unable to check Steam in the future because of this.
I don't know if you plan on using this but... if you're on a 1920*1080 resolution monitor with 100% scaling, these coordinates should work:

Remove link:
MouseMove, 1375, 435

OK button
MouseMove, 1200, 600

Basically you just need to install AHK, create a blank .txt file, copy paste the code, change the extension to .ahk and run the script.

Good luck purging your wishlist! :highfiveblob:

Last edited:

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
As a side note, I keep hearing about people getting foil cards, boosters, and whatnot.

I'm level 100+ on Steam, and I didn't get a single foil card all year.
As for boosters, I'm not sure if I got a single one, or if I got two. But no more than that, surely.

I really don't get it. A lot of people are lower level than me, and get foil cards plenty, and boosters.
I never get anything.

Heck, a while back I bought 25k gems, to generate boosters, I generated dozens of boosters (mostly for the same game, or two), and never got a single foil card.
I used to get more boosters, and the occasional foil card, when I was of a much lower level (despite Valve saying increased level = a higher % to get boosters).
Is there a way to check your drops? Some sort of log?

I'm only level 71 and I regularly receive boosters...

I haven't noticed any change in the drop rate since I went from 31 to 71 (thanks to that OP badge during one of the most recent sales). It's strange since you're level 116...

Deleted member 113

Is there a way to check your drops? Some sort of log?

I'm only level 71 and I regularly receive boosters...

I haven't noticed any change in the drop rate since I went from 31 to 71 (thanks to that OP badge during one of the most recent sales). It's strange since you're level 116...
I'm not sure.

But yeah, I don't get why I barely get boosters (or foils) any more.
In past sales, I used to get the occasional foil from the Steam events.
This year, once again, I got enough cards to craft a level 10 badge (and I forgot to earn the cards by doing the discovery cues for the first 2 or 3 days), + 5 extra cards, and I didn't get a single foil.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT
Status
Not open for further replies.