Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Rise of the Tomb Raider and Just Cause 4 lets gooooo

please have some anime in there
Tom Braider's Rice was already in a Monthly, no chance.

I just realized that maybe Monster Hunter World could be a candidate with Iceborne around the corner.
And I still think Nioh will be in it just to spite me :disapproval-blob:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I only bought Shadow Warrior 2 (from Fanatical for $4) and Ashes of Oahu from Steam Sale...I think I am safe from being screwed from double dipping the new hamble choice..
Let me know how Ashes of Oahu ends up. Have been fence sitting on it for a long while now

Reactions: arts&crafts

Deleted member 113

I love "jank" RPGs like every Piranha Bytes game and for $4 it will be hard for me to be disappointed. I havent started yet, just bought before the sale ended yesterday but I will post my impressions.
I bought it for far more than that, and I'm yet to start it. :giggle:

I really need to, I love Boiling Point, and this game reminds me a bit of it, in terms of look.
Plus, I had some minor interactions with one of the developers, who was really cool and helpful (and, he asked me to review it on Steam; it seems the game is struggling in terms of awareness).

goat

Mass Erect
Jan 21, 2019
I still managed to spend $177.29, but a huge chunk of that was RDR2. I'm really enjoying the online aspect of it which surprises me since I hated GTA5 online. I guess I really do like westerns, lol.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I bought it for far more than that, and I'm yet to start it. :giggle:

I really need to, I love Boiling Point, and this game reminds me a bit of it, in terms of look.
Plus, I had some minor interactions with one of the developers, who was really cool and helpful (and, he asked me to review it on Steam; it seems the game is struggling in terms of awareness).
It definitely seemed like a Hawaiin influenced Xenus 2: White Gold (boiling point sequel). That game was amazing and amazingly broken, so id hope for a little less jank in Ashes. That said if this is an "everything and the kitchen sink, reaching for the stars, falling short" kind of jank, that's something i'm onboard with

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Finished Life is Strange 2, definitely better than the first one. Sometimes I wasn't so sure about the pacing but overall a great experience. I would say around 8/10 but I need some time to think and digest my thoughts and experiences.
glad you've enjoyed it!

:wd_heart:

Javetus Thanks for the recommendation! I picked LiS up over the last few weeks in sales so i'll bump it up my To Play queue. I don't know why it isn't talked about more over here in Meta, seems like a game some people would like. How's the soundtrack? Any good?
i wish more people would play it ... it's an amazing game

and yeah, the soundtrack is incredible ... i've been listening to it pretty much non-stop since the first episode

@lashman was right, nobody reads his posts.
see? told you! :negative-blob:

And yeah, @lashman can probably give you an in depth analysis of everything in the game lol.
yes ... yes, i can! ask away :D

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
When does humble charge you for the monthly? I'm fucking broke and I don't have the 10 bucks but I could redeem the games just fine.

Deleted member 113

When does humble charge you for the monthly? I'm fucking broke and I don't have the 10 bucks but I could redeem the games just fine.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you are charged on the last Friday of a month, for that month's bundle.

So, you were charged last Friday, and got the games from last month's bundle.
But, in order to have today's new games, you either need to select to be charged right away, or you will be charged on the last Friday of the month, and you'll then have access to them.

This is slightly different from before.
Before, you would be charged in a month, to get next month's bundle. Now, you are charged for the month's bundle, and get access to the games when you pay.

Last edited by a moderator:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you are charged on the last Friday of a month, for that month's bundle.

But, in order to have the today's new games, you either need to select to be charged right away, or you will be charged on the last Friday of the month, and you'll then have access to them.

Before, you would be charged in a month, to get next month's bundle. Now, you are charged for the month's bundle, and get access to the games when you pay.
You’re correct!
Damn, you have to hate DBZ to make this exact comparison :expressionless-face:
DBZ is vanilla ice cream

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I don't "get" anime, I love JRPG's but I absolutely despise any anime series/movies whatever, what does that make me?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

But, in order to have the today's new games, you either need to select to be charged right away, or you will be charged on the last Friday of the month, and you'll then have access to them.

You are correct

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Damn, you have to hate DBZ to make this exact comparison :expressionless-face:
I enjoy both DB and DBZ, Toriyama's work on it, at least up til the end of the Cell Saga is terrific. But it is too basic and simple a series in the long run when you compare it to other series over the decades since its release and even before.

Devil Man goes places for being a 70s era manga series @_@

Reactions: Li Kao

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

But, in order to have today's new games, you either need to select to be charged right away, or you will be charged on the last Friday of the month, and you'll then have access to them.

You are correct!

Reactions: Deleted member 113

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I don't "get" anime, I love JRPG's but I absolutely despise any anime series/movies whatever, what does that make me?
Someone who doesn't like Giant Robots or huge Space battles?
I can see not liking the Magical Girl stuff but not liking Mechs and stuff, madness! :)

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Space battles = star wars, star trek, Warhammer 40k, Babylon 5
Giant Robots = Battle Tech, Warhammer 40k
Weird Magic stuff: fantasy books

you can very much grow up loving stuff like that without ever encountering anime. Just saying.

Reactions: Ge0force

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Space battles = star wars, star trek, Warhammer 40k, Babylon 5
Giant Robots = Battle Tech, Warhammer 40k
Weird Magic stuff: fantasy books

you can very much grow up loving stuff like that without ever encountering anime. Just saying.
Because anime is great fam.

Reactions: ISee

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So from this new Choice I am interested in:

Graveyard Digger
Two Point Hospital
Dirt Rally 2.0
Trailmakers

Dunno if I'd sub for this bundle just yet.
Want to try my luck and get those 4 first somehow :drinking-blob:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The only game which I might end up playing is Mages of Mistralia.

Two Point Hospital and Whispers of Machine look decent.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
i played a couple hours of shadow of war and hated it. the map was overstuffed with enemies and was a pain in the ass to travel. first one was much better

Reactions: Milena and Eferis
Status
Not open for further replies.