Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Is it me, or has it been a while since SEGA announced new PC ports?
There was that Super Monkey Ball thing that released last month but other than that, yeah.

Well, didn't we have an announcement for Yakuza on Xbox ? I suppose that's a strong hint at a PC release.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the situation is ideal or defending Sega's port schedule.
As Funktion said, SEGA announced that they were bringing Yakuza 0, K1 and K2 to XGP, both PC and console and that was it. I was hoping to see an announcement after next month's release of the physical remastered collection but who knows.

I believe the ports they announced for the Xbox One are Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, and Yakuza Kiwami 2, the 3 games already on PC, so unfortunately that's not a big hint about further entries making it to PC.

Could they now be prioritizing the Xbox One ports, and only after completing those will they consider further PC ports of the Yakuza games?
I guess they might be prioritizing the XO ports indeed, and once they finish with Kiwami 2 they start working on porting YK3R and the rest for both PC and Xbox at the same time. Sucks that we are kept in the dark and only time will tell.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

I was hoping for more PC ports of the Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio games, but Yakuza 3 Remastered launched 6 months ago on the PS4, Judgment launched 7 months ago, and we still didn't get any news or hints about them coming to PC, right?
Sounds like typical SEGA. Announce a bunch of ports then go silent for like 7 months afterwards. Thats what happens when you announce ports and release them within a few weeks I guess.

Wouldnt be shocked if we got something new soon.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

I was hoping for more PC ports of the Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio games, but Yakuza 3 Remastered launched 6 months ago on the PS4, Judgment launched 7 months ago, and we still didn't get any news or hints about them coming to PC, right?
Hey, last PC port from SEGA EU launched last month and it was Monkey Ball, more ports will come, that's for sure but I would not expect them until mid-February/early March

The options are:
-Fist of the North Star (high chances)
-Judgement (High chances)
-Yakuza 6 (High chances)
-Yakuza 3-5 pack (mid chances)
-Persona 5 Vanilla (mid chances)
-Vanillaware game (low chances)
-Sakura Wars confirmation (low chances now, maybe later with west release)

So yeah, patience :)

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

I hope you're right about Fist of the North Star, Mor, I would really like to try that one. ;)

Reactions: Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I hope you're right about Fist of the North Star, Mor, I would really like to try that one. ;)
I mean, it's the most logical one by timing, you know? Exclusivity ended, it has the "console exclusive" and it's not linked to any multi-entry saga, so yeah, might be.
poor baby Judgment
:cryingwhyblob:
FUCK, TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT JUDGEMENT (HIGH CHANCES)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Give it til summer
Up til spring they got ps4 releases.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Was it good ? I was hyped to have a decent looking HNK game, but between the strange Yakuza affiliation and lack of feedback when it released, I'm in the dark here.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Was it good ? I was hyped to have a decent looking HNK game, but between the strange Yakuza affiliation and lack of feedback when it released, I'm in the dark here.
A friend of mine loved it, so yeah, it's fun, it's a good story set in such universe and yes, it's basically a Yakuza-esque game, but it really has the FONS aura.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

While these are not exactly what people want when it comes to SEGA's consoles to PC ports, they just released Super Monkey Ball a month ago and there's also the Olympics 2020 game that is coming out this year, I guess.

Other than that, there's also PSO2 this spring..... for NA only.
(I'm sure there's gonna be an EU version eventually, I guess something behind the scenes is causing problems with an EU release, I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to the microtransactions systems the game uses).

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to the microtransactions systems the game uses
I have some serious doubts about that as gacha games keep releasing in EU without issues, the only ones that I played that haven't released to date are Magia Record and Fate/Grand Order, and the monetization system of gachas is probably worse.

Whatever it is the hold up I still pissed at SEGA for that, fuck them.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

While these are not exactly what people want when it comes to SEGA's consoles to PC ports, they just released Super Monkey Ball a month ago and there's also the Olympics 2020 game that is coming out this year, I guess.
I actually like these "arcadey" olympic sports games, so I'll most likely buy it when it launches. ;)

Reactions: ezodagrom

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
All you peeps still rocking the 970 have had a damned good run with that card. Expensive at the time but what a workhorse!
Yup. It wasn't even that expensive when I got it in 2014 at ~350€. Was my first ever own desktop PC build and the research paid out nicely.
Still can play pretty much every game at good visuals and framerates.
Hi everyone,

I'm soooooo freaking late for wishing you a happy new year because of health issues in the last days of 2019.

So while it's still time :

HAPPY NEW YEAR and best metawishes for 2020 !

:wd_heart:

I have so much to catch up :eek:
Get well soon buddy and likewise best wishes for the new year and decade :cat-heart-blob:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Aight lads and lasses, time to take a look at your loving Uncle Birdman's past gaming life

I don't see any chance of Persona 5 hitting PC when it's not even on Switch yet.
Yakuza series aren't on Switch yet either last I checked @_@

Can't be arsed to get the January PS Plus freebies :S Not interested in uncharted trilogy nor Goat Simulator on PS4.

Also I am checking my 'Very Rare' trophies according to PSNProfiles and man...did no one on PS3 play Munch's Oddysee?

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Started CoD Modern Warfare 2's SP campaign. It allows you to skip the Russian thing early in the game which I did.
So far it's....OK.

Yooka Laylee and the impossible lair is an amazing game. But an extremely difficult level that takes 30 minutes to complete without any checkpoints or save points is bullshit. 😡
Yup esp. with how they added skipping sections in main stages for those that are having difficulty with it.
Just make a tonic that lets you get check points in the lair and it's all good.
Those that can do it, can go ahead and do it, but not everyone's gonna be in the mood for perfect platforming skills :V
Oh I was just commenting on your list :p they surely take their sweet time.
SEGA EU be slow but as we know

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
This seems like a stupid move that doesn't accomplish anything but splitting its userbase

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
thinking of trying to give RDR2 another shot (ps4) but not sure if i should start over or load my save and try and remember what im doing

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I can't believe Arcsys remembers P2 more than Atlus does with those color alts in Ultimax 😔 😔 😔
I’ve ranted about this before but I really hate the ‘new’ Atlus. They’ve basically become EA/Ubisoft in the sense that they just stick to what they can exploit and milk the fanbase, with the difference that Atlus does it with a crapton of merchandising.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
I’ve ranted about this before but I really hate the ‘new’ Atlus. They’ve basically become EA/Ubisoft in the sense that they just stick to what they can exploit and milk the fanbase, with the difference that Atlus does it with a crapton of merchandising.
I wouldn't even mind the milking if the milk was actually good. A lot of those non P4A spinoffs are pretty bad to mediocre, and really P4A is as good as it is because of Arcsys. The main games are ok, but I haven't really liked a main Persona game that much since 3, and even then that game has a lot of problems. Though tbh with this generation I feel myself saying that about quite a bit of their output outside of EO.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
i'm fine with being "milked" by companies, it means they release stuff I like otherwise they wouldn't be able to "milk" me.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Never forget

Also it's Otaku stuff that moves stuff like ATLUS now. We could be getting other stuff but instead they went the Person 5 route, hell they could have even brought back P4 if they wanted (P3 maybe not) but they went with P5 since that is where most of the money is at and when they brought back P3 it was a spin off where it cost a lot of money for the DLC stuff. ATLUS going to ATLUS (they like DLC)

Reactions: NarohDethan
Status
Not open for further replies.