Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Man, that Life is Strange 2 Episode 3 sure was something, I'll probably finish the game soon.

Reactions: Dandy and lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
EdwardTivrusky Thanks for the tip. Now I only need the multiplayer quest to complete the list.

Fake edit: I just realised I don't have you as a Steam friend. I'll send a request post-haste. :02love:

What game will work for the multiplayer quest? Will Destiny 2 work? :dana_think:

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Yo, just encountered a "bug" I want to say, in Spelunky.
Made my way to 5-3 with no bombs left. Didn't let it hassle me at all, since you get two 12-boxes at the start of the Yama fight guaranteed.

But, I couldn't make it to the exit. The level algorithm played me like a fiddle! There was no natural way through the exit. It was blocked off, and without a bomb all I could do was just zooming around and shooting my shotgun at the wall.

I mean, it's no biggie. I already got over 100 successful Hell runs, but it's funny to encounter errors in the algorithm like that.
In my 700hrs I can only recall it ever happening once before. That was in the Ice World.

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Made my way to 5-3 with no bombs left. Didn't let it hassle me at all, since you get two 12-boxes at the start of the Yama fight guaranteed.

But, I couldn't make it to the exit. The level algorithm played me like a fiddle! There was no natural way through the exit. It was blocked off, and without a bomb all I could do was just zooming around and shooting my shotgun at the wall.

I mean, it's no biggie. I already got over 100 successful Hell runs, but it's funny to encounter errors in the algorithm like that.
In my 700hrs I can only recall it ever happening once before. That was in the Ice World.
700 hours lol

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Secret chris remo account?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Heh, my most played game on Steam is CS:GO with 1.2K hours, but I probably spent over 3000 hours playing GTA SA, and probably hundreds playing Sims 3. I love these two games so much.

Reactions: freshVeggie

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
You want madness? Outside of MMOs the highest numbers i've seen are for people playing the Supreme Commander games. Some of them have been playing since Beta and have thousands of hours in it, like 8-10k.
I dread to think how many hours someone like RamsRock39 has in Heroes of Might and Magic 3 as they stream it for hours most evenings.

Reactions: freshVeggie

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Just noticed that I crafted a $7 ($4 instant sell) background from Troubleshooter earlier today, this covers what I paid for the game and then some :money-mouth-face:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Looks in shame at his Dota 2 playtime numbers .... no... nope.. I will not enter this discussion about playtimes.... thankfully I was able to stop a couple of years ago.

Also, I just noticed Steam is mixing up when showing which game I voted for on the Steam awards. I did not vote for Devil May Cry 5 for GOTY, and I certainly didn't vote for Code Vein for "best game you suck at" since I don't even own it. It's all rigged!!! :p

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Happy New Year to all! I hope it is great decade for you all, in life and gaming!

No doubt it will be another fun filled decade for PC gaming.
In broad terms from the past decade, Valve have steered much of the direction and their efforts from within Steam, API efforts, through to building out their hardware infrastructure and VR expertise, all brought a ton of interesting changes.

So far it looks like more VR efforts to come, more hardware, and even Steam stamping itself into PC Cloud Gaming - both with some service of its own and supporting third parties.

With MS also finally taking PC more seriously in recognition of the ecosystem as its own platform, rather than forcing some mismatched mess to suit their console business - - things look very interesting for the future, and will no doubt be clearer with next consoles and PC hardware in the next years!

EGS hasn't done much of anything as a service, other than get Valve to be more active in regurgitating summaries of what they do, and posting to users across social media. I suspect that will remain the same with the odd exclusive games to forget about for a period, and some freebies that are always welcome to someone.

Deleted member 113

I had to buy this game today:

I remember it from back in the day.
I really like it as well, and want to get it myself.

But, since I promised to cut back on money spent on games in 2020, and it would be really ridiculous if I spent money on the very first day of the year, I'm doing my best to sell cards/backgrounds/boosters on Steam, to try to get the necessary funds to purchase it, before the launch discount expires next week. :giggle:

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
I want Terminator also. I wish I had a bit more money right now, so I can get the Steam version of Red Dead Redemption 2, DJMax Respect V, Star Wars Jedi Order, Terminator, and Blair Witch. I have the rest of 2020 to get those and several of them should be at least 50% by then.

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Wow. this point and click adventure (that had some "hype" going for it from the adventure community before it launched) really must have sold like crap, considering it's 90% off (just 8 months after it launched):

Those who like the genre may want to give it a go, especially for €1.
It got some decent reviews:

Here's a few random deals, for those looking to spend their last funds:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
my playing time is a little more spread out.

not included:
I probably have something like:
~ 1000 to 1500 hours in Minecraft
~ 1000 hours into WoW
~ 500 hours into World of Tanks
~ an additional 500 to 600 hours on X3 (LU mod, which you have to start outside of Steam)
~ 300 to 400 hours into Jagged Alliance 2
~ 200 to 300 hours into Aurora 4X
~ 200 hours into Dwarf Fortress

Edit: out of those games listed, 16 were heavily modded or outright Total Conversions. And the playtime on the modded version is like 60 to 95% of the total time played.

Status
Not open for further replies.