Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Been reading a bit of impressions from people owning the imported version of Persona 5 Royal.

Apparently, the new content is so far-fetched and detached from the rest of the game, many people call the Royal content fan fiction and the response from Japan is negative (from what Ive seen). Maybe just gonna play the standard version of P5 that I already own.

It's not like I will ever even know what I am missing out on from the Royal version. A big change is apparently a new phantom thief, which I don't even know what is.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Been reading a bit of impressions from people owning the imported version of Persona 5 Royal.

Apparently, the new content is so far-fetched and detached from the rest of the game, many people call the Royal content fan fiction and the response from Japan is negative (from what Ive seen). Maybe just gonna play the standard version of P5 that I already own.

It's not like I will ever even know what I am missing out on from the Royal version. A big change is apparently a new phantom thief, which I don't even know what is.
The royal content happened after the event of the main game. Even the new phantom thief can only be played only on one dungeon because Atlus didn't bother to update the anime cutscene to include her.

Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The royal content happened after the event of the main game. Even the new phantom thief can only be played only on one dungeon because Atlus didn't bother to update the anime cutscene to include her.
What ? So it's basically an xpac ? Why didn't they go this route if the new stuff is after the main game ?
Naive question, right ? :cryblob:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
We want your input.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

In my opinion, Persona 5 already had way too much content. The game would have been better for me with the last 15-20 hours. So I'm pretty sure you won't miss much by playing the original game instead of the Royal edition.
We want your input.
Okay I'll try. But since I mostly play games that are older than a year, I don't have much to vote for 😉

Reactions: Dandy

Sygmaelle

MetaMember
Sep 8, 2019

If its anything like Persona 4 Golden, the new content is literally after the main story. I'd get P5R if the main story itself is altered and better paced. The original was honestly beyond obnoxious

Also I just found this out and it looks absolutely incredible

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

It's also apparently all postgame stuff.

I feel sorry for anyone paying $60 for bad DLC.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Is it going to be a good port, or should we just stick to our WiiU copy via CEmu?
By the way, your post reminded me of that trailer supposed to showcase the new stuff. Not seen it yet.

Is Cemu emulation good ?

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Got kickstarted in 2014.

Also because it got mentioned Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore is part of this German deal and thus can be bought for ~37€ if you find two more similarly priced games you want.

Reactions: Sygmaelle

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Is Cemu emulation good ?
It's surprisingly good from what I've tested. I played some 3D World and Xenoblade Chronicles X at 1440p/60FPS this past weekend and it looked and played very well and was very painless to set up. A problem that only seems isolated to me was that I couldn't get G-sync to work with Cemu no matter what I tried as there was awful screen tearing and anytime the games dropped even a few frames I would get really bad stutter. I had to enable v-sync for it to work properly, which sucks but it's not the end of the world and still looks and plays much better than on a Wii U.

Reactions: Li Kao

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I realized that there's nothing I want to buy in the first 3 months of the year (the first would be P5R on Mach 31). I really wasn't expecting so much time to dedicate to my backlog considering the first semester is full of games I want, it's just that everything is crammed together now. I'm going to have to make some hard choices.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Alliance Alive HD comes out in 2 days, and still no price/pre-order. I also found this while looking at the store. It wasn't there before.
Notice: The Alliance Alive HD Remastered requires a controller in order to play. Playing with a keyboard and mouse isn't supported.
NISA strikes again? :blobxorcism:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
What ? So it's basically an xpac ? Why didn't they go this route if the new stuff is after the main game ?
Naive question, right ? :cryblob:
Because Atlus. Why make DLC if you can make people buy the whole game on the same console again?
By the way, your post reminded me of that trailer supposed to showcase the new stuff. Not seen it yet.

Is Cemu emulation good ?
Yes. It's really good to the point that Breath of the Wild with Cemu is pretty much the definitive edition.

Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
That seeds of chaos game is tempting me

The Winter Sale is also a very busy time for our Support team (pictured above!). The number of support tickets in December grew by 70% in comparison to the previous month and by 40% in comparison to December 2018. We usually send the first response to your tickets within 24 hours but that time grew to approx. 37 hours in December 2019 while our whole Support team kept working basically around the clock. This is why we want to thank you for your patience as we're currently clearing our backlog trying to resolve every ticket.

Finally, let us share a few technical facts regarding the Winter Sale. Our IT and Web teams kept a close eye on the website performance to make sure that the front page is loaded faster than it did during the prior year, even though we put even more games on display. To make sure of that, we doubled the number of servers during the Winter Sale. December 30th turned out to be the busiest day with six times more traffic than usual. At the same time, our daily data transfer for game downloads was 2.5 times higher. You played a lot of games during the holidays!

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
It's surprisingly good from what I've tested. I played some 3D World and Xenoblade Chronicles X at 1440p/60FPS this past weekend and it looked and played very well and was very painless to set up. A problem that only seems isolated to me was that I couldn't get G-sync to work with Cemu no matter what I tried as there was awful screen tearing and anytime the games dropped even a few frames I would get really bad stutter. I had to enable v-sync for it to work properly, which sucks but it's not the end of the world and still looks and plays much better than on a Wii U.
No issue with shader caching or whatever it's called ?

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
I haven't played around enough with it to say, but that's definitely a possibility as the stutter is at it's worst when I run into new areas/camera moves to a new location. The wiki links to a list of shader caches on reddit to download that might help. I don't think it'll have any effect on the screen tearing but it might subdue the stutter by quite a bit. I'll probably give it a look this weekend.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Daily reminder to give SaGa Scarlet Grace a play when it goes on sale. I've not done all 4 routes because I got burnt out by finishing the 2nd character's route, but it's a solid game at least if you play 1 character's route and experience the combat system and the game's setting and themes.

Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Daily reminder to give SaGa Scarlet Grace a play when it goes on sale. I've not done all 4 routes because I got burnt out by finishing the 2nd character's route, but it's a solid game at least if you play 1 character's route and experience the combat system and the game's setting and themes.
Lalala, not listening :cryblob:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
So i've a ton of games planned out to play over the next few months so that i lay off buying things and now thanks to you lot i'm going to hit the Emulation thread later on to tag skLaFarebear so i can get Xenoblade Chronicles X working. It's like Deus Ex to me. If you mention it or post some OST tracks i'll instantly start thinking about setting up the Wii U again or getting Cemu running.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
If its anything like Persona 4 Golden, the new content is literally after the main story. I'd get P5R if the main story itself is altered and better paced. The original was honestly beyond obnoxious

Also I just found this out and it looks absolutely incredible

I am currently playing it, great game. The setting and atmosphere are excellent, it shows the love the developers have put into it.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
So i've a ton of games planned out to play over the next few months so that i lay off buying things and now thanks to you lot i'm going to hit the Emulation thread later on to tag skLaFarebear so i can get Xenoblade Chronicles X working. It's like Deus Ex to me. If you mention it or post some OST tracks i'll instantly start thinking about setting up the Wii U again or getting Cemu running.
Seeing that title screen in 1440p was incredible and the music just got me so pumped again. It took everything I had not to just blow off everything else I'm playing and play XCX all over again, but I also might cave too.

Definitely let me know if you got any questions, there was a few quirks setting it up, but the documentation is solid enough that it was easy to figure out.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Vulkan mitigate a lot of it, and older shader packs are still compatible, I only played Breath of the Wild, with minimal stutter. that shit at 60fps and all the graphics packs are something to behold.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Vulkan mitigate a lot of it, and older shader packs are still compatible, I only played Breath of the Wild, with minimal stutter. that shit at 60fps and all the graphics packs are something to behold.
Yeah my last serious Cemu test was when I still had the 2500k, I hope a Ryzen 2600+ will fare better on that front.
It wasn't exactly stuttering. It was a game playing sometimes between the stutters :p

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Ok, so after Sophie what Atelier game should I go with?

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Seeing that title screen in 1440p was incredible and the music just got me so pumped again. It took everything I had not to just blow off everything else I'm playing and play XCX all over again, but I also might cave too.

Definitely let me know if you got any questions, there was a few quirks setting it up, but the documentation is solid enough that it was easy to figure out.
Does XCX run solid on cemu now? Last time I tried I had some annoying stutters. It kills me that Nintendo won't just release a Switch port at least.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Does XCX run solid on cemu now? Last time I tried I had some annoying stutters. It kills me that Nintendo won't just release a Switch port at least.
When I turned on V-sync is ran ok, but reading online people mentioned that downloading the shader cache ahead of time would help a lot with the stuttering. From the gameplay vids I've seen in the past year on youtube it looks very smooth at higher resolutions w/ 60 FPS.

Reactions: rybrad and Li Kao

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
We want your input.

I'll do it on Saturday I swear.

Still pretty busy until then...

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Got the new PSU and my PC is up and running again. Iceborne, here I come!

I did cut myself real bad on some sharp plastic on the other end of the ATX plug. Nothing like bleeding for the cause :')
That thing gave me hell. Always hate plugging it in/unplugging it from my motherboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.