Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Inazuma Eleven is a football anime series.
The exaggeration is jsut a rule of cool and the game's are inspired by the Captain Tsubasa games of the 80s and 90s.

Deleted member 113

Have any details leaked about the upcoming Chinese New Year's sale, in terms of how things will work (will there be discount vouchers?)?

thanks

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Have any details leaked about the upcoming Chinese New Year's sale, in terms of how things will work (will there be discount vouchers?)?

thanks
Nope, nothing, just the dates so far, maybe tomorrow if assets go up we will have something,

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Nope, nothing, just the dates so far, maybe tomorrow if assets go up we will have something,
Thanks. :)

I was going to purchase a game that launched today, but now I'm wondering if it would contribute to a possible discount voucher.
Then again, considering the last winter sale, and considering purchases made with wallet funds didn't count (and the money I will use is in my wallet, and it was not from a deposit or redeeming a gift card, but from selling cards and items on the marketplace), I guess it wouldn't make a difference. ;)

Reactions: Mor

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
For those following Half-Life: Alyx, an event notification went out earlier stating that the whole Half-Life series was free to play until Half-Life Alyx is released:

It got deleted instantly, so I'm thinking the announcement might come later today. Maybe with news about HL: A.

Yea can confirm, Got the notification last night.

Deleted member 113

Continuing my twitter mumblings, and to further sound like an old fart, it's funny how one doesn't follow certain accounts, and yet I still open twitter, and get flooded with messages from accounts I don't have any desire of following (sometimes because someone re-tweeted something, but others just because someone I follow happens to follow that account, and twitter thinks they need to recommend me those accounts).

Case in point, Devolver. Yeah, I know a lot of people find them funny (personally, I had my share of Mike Wilson while he was using the Gamecock Media umbrella; different name, same "edgy" crap), but I can't say their shtick works with me.

Anyway, I open twitter, and I get this:

"So yeah guys, please forget about all the bullshit we spilled when we made Observation a last-minute EGS exclusive, and then "preached" how people should care about important stuff instead.
Now, can you please wishlist the game on Steam?"

:grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I blocked their twitter account, hopefully that will stop their crap from showing on my feed.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
FunktionJCB I never was big on social media but growing pretty tired of the bullshit that greets me when I open my feed.
Although I'm more lucky in that it's overall some past interests that keep spamming things I don't care that much about (pen & paper rpg scene is tweeting like there is no tomorrow for example). I delete a lot :evilblob:
I often hesitated to do it, FOMO basically, but then realized those tweets were actively devaluing the little pleasure I had there. Sometimes there is nothing wrong to cut ties with something or someone you like, you don't need to be linked 24/7 to everyone.
The pleasure I felt when deleting Wired spam machine was indescribable.

That being said, lashman propaganda is making me a communist ! I'm cool with this, comrade :photoblobheart:

Last edited:

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
I've finally started the Ys series with Ys I and I just wrapped it up during the weekend. I got lost a few times so I had to look up what to do and now I'm playing the sequel with a guide. I really like the general tone and gameplay. Bump combat is surprisingly fun apart from some tedious bosses. That final boss is some bullshit, I don't wanna now how hard it would be on higher difficulties.
I'm also really tempted to just skip to Ys 8 after Durante fixed the port but I want to at least play through Origin and Oath of Felghana first.

On another note: What's EA taking so long to bring their games back on Steam? I'm feeling the itch to replay Titanfall 2 but with Steam achievements this time. Apex Legends Season 4 is supposed to launch sometime in February so I'm guessing that will be the first EA game to come back to Steam in 2020.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I've finally started the Ys series with Ys I and I just wrapped it up during the weekend. I got lost a few times so I had to look up what to do and now I'm playing the sequel with a guide. I really like the general tone and gameplay. Bump combat is surprisingly fun apart from some tedious bosses. That final boss is some bullshit, I don't wanna now how hard it would be on higher difficulties.
I'm also really tempted to just skip to Ys 8 after Durante fixed the port but I want to at least play through Origin and Oath of Felghana first.

On another note: What's EA taking so long to bring their games back on Steam? I'm feeling the itch to replay Titanfall 2 but with Steam achievements this time. Apex Legends Season 4 is supposed to launch sometime in February so I'm guessing that will be the first EA game to come back to Steam in 2020.
Don't skip! 1 & 2 are setting you up for some fun times.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Falcom excel(led?) at taking a simple gameplay mechanic and still manage to keep you engaged for hours on end.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I never bite the bullet on Xanadu, is it comparable to Ys ?

Edit - I will get hate PMs for that :fearful-face:
Let's have some more fun : Hektor I never played any Yoko Taro game :cat-pizza-blob:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I never bite the bullet on Xanadu, is it comparable to Ys ?
It's so good. It's so, so good. It's like if Ys and Dark Souls had a lil baby who liked to carry swords. It also plays really nicely with controller, especially once you adjust it a bit with Steam Input.

Reactions: Tizoc and Li Kao

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I love Xanadu Next, but that's the one game I wouldn't play with a controller. It's heavily mouse driven and it shows when you use a controller, not unlike Gurumin where the precise targeting becomes veeery unresponsive due to autotracking.
It feels (because... it is) like a PC-ass dungeon crawler, from the time when they had actual level design, traps and secrets. Like an old Diablo but with real loot and magic, and zero fats on the bones. It's to the point.

It's unbelievably ugly even for the time though. The character models are some of the worst I've seen (I won't post the important late character's face that is immersion ruining).
Look at this poop:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

must be selling great :p

the funny thing is - even if they come back to steam with this game (which they probably won't) ... it's gonna be $60 on steam ... that's the ubi way
I'm actually interested in The Division - I'm a sucker for snow-swept environments and TD2 does nothing for me visually. Thing is... It's still pretty insanely priced despite a tantalizing historical low last February.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Continuing my twitter mumblings, and to further sound like an old fart, it's funny how one doesn't follow certain accounts, and yet I still open twitter, and get flooded with messages from accounts I don't have any desire of following (sometimes because someone re-tweeted something, but others just because someone I follow happens to follow that account, and twitter thinks they need to recommend me those accounts).

Case in point, Devolver. Yeah, I know a lot of people find them funny (personally, I had my share of Mike Wilson while he was using the Gamecock Media umbrella; different name, same "edgy" crap), but I can't say their shtick works with me.

"So yeah guys, please forget about all the bullshit we spilled when we made Observation a last-minute EGS exclusive, and then "preached" how people should care about important stuff instead.

I blocked their twitter account, hopefully that will stop their crap from showing on my feed.
Sorry, I wanted to reply to your post but I decided to go fight predatory loans instead.

Hope you're having fun! Out of the few Ys I've played, 2 was my favorite. Being able to speak with every enemy is great.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Hello good people, as promised I will be giving away copy of Temtem for someone in my region

Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Bahamas, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname, Brazil, Mexico

If you are interested and are eligible just PM me to say you want to participate.

I will be drawing a random number at this Steam Group Chat

Revealed content
at 20:00 (GMT -3)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Hello good people, as promised I will be giving away copy of Temtem for someone in my region

Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Bahamas, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname, Brazil, Mexico

If you are interested and are eligible just PM me to say you want to participate.

I will be drawing a random number at this Steam Group Chat

[Hidden content]

at 20:00 (GMT -3)
Not part of those countries and don't want to get the copy (ofc) but such a nice action, thanks in advance for doing it :D

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
This looks like a sluggish 7/10 early gen game people only play because the new consoles dont have a big library yet.

Reactions: Recrees

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
What exactly does it mean when I get "Query account by CD key" email?
Someone got a duplicated key, which was used by you, then this person clicked on the 'retrieve account' option that is shown in the duplicate key screen instead of just closing it.

This looks like a sluggish 7/10 early gen game people only play because the new consoles dont have a big library yet.
You're being generous giving it a 7 from this video

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
That final boss is some bullshit, I don't wanna now how hard it would be on higher difficulties.

I beat Dark Fact in Nightmare and it's some crazy shit. The interesting thing is that the boss looks like completely random bullshit at first glance, but is actually anything but random. After practicing some on Nightmare I went back to Normal and could beat him consistently without breaking a sweat.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Observation must have sold terrible on EGS.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
People have short term memory and Devolver is lucky their PR "gaffe" never really took off due to it being a Discord chat.
Never forget.
Devolver helping out indies is cool and all but their attitude with EGS should not be put aside.
I don't want these indies to suffer because of Devolver, but Devolver should know when to stop 'keepin' it real' and just take the formal approach.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Bandai is going all inn on Steam it seems, Kakarot, Captain Tsubasa, Idolmaster and so on. I assume this means there's a huge change that they won't go Epic exclusive with Elden Ring.

Also, seems like I need to return to FTL:

Status
Not open for further replies.