Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
There are so many things that I see wrong with that quote. How can you cash in on BioShock? Because in order to do that wouldn't they need to change the game more? By which I mean methods of monetization.

Also why not compare it to Metal Gear Solid or Kingdom Hearts if we are talking about numbered sequels that connect some how in video games?

Reactions: Spamlynguist

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Got 5532 tokens for adding 50€ three days ago. So that's a thing again.

+

NEW! Animated Profile Backgrounds
Upgrade your static profile with new animated profile backgrounds! Available for use ‘til 27 March, 2020 @ 6:00:00 pm CET.

NEW! Animated Mini-Profile Backgrounds
Show off a custom animated mini-profile background when someone hovers over your avatar or player name in Steam. Available for use ‘til 27 March, 2020 @ 6:00:00 pm CET.

Reactions: DeejayDoom and Mor

Deleted member 113

I had plenty of tokens left at the last sale.
Sadly, none were "converted" to this sale. I have zero tokens. :(

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I had plenty of tokens left at the last sale.
Sadly, none were "converted" to this sale. I have zero tokens. :(
Same here, I don't know what they are thinking. This system doesn't feel rewarding at all, you are supposed to feel it's a good investment to buy things directly on Steam but it's the complete opposite... 🤷‍♀️

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Curse you, volvo. You make a rat in a blanket sticker that costs 500 points but only hand out 400 points during the event?
This is the most underhanded thing they've pulled. I'm disgusted.
You can get the emoji for 100 tokens. Plus, you might get more than 100 tokens in a red enveloppe, maybe?
Is it same as before? You won't receive tokens when buying with Steam credit?
Yes.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I prefer temporary elments. It is clear that the money is thrown to the garbage, but at least, there is no fear of missing out.

Otherwise, it would be preying on vulnerable people.

Reactions: Durante and Li Kao

Anno

Dec 22, 2018
Last sale they rolled back that limited time thing like the next day, right? Maybe they will again here.

I’m happy just to add another animal-in-a-blanket to the roster.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Well, the only game I'm interested in buying right now isn't on sale... Yet.

Please, 90% discount on The Division again :p.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Someone tell me that the majority of the emojis etc are time limited or i might have to bend my resolution and buy stuff so i can get my Fancy Rats!

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Important question: can you decorate your profile with those animated stickers? I'm guessing not.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Nah, I am sure Valve maximizes its profit. You are not a big whale, that is all there is to understand.
We'll never know but doubtful, they went full stinge after being admittedly a tad too generous during last years lunar and summer sales. I spent a boatload then partly because there were reachable incentives like multiple discount vouchers and a real chance to get all the items. Now you have to buy tooons of games (which big whales probably already have) or add looots of funds. Which I have a good amount of already in my Steam wallet. My mistake and going forward I'll wait to stock up but the balance has shifted too far imo.

Last edited:

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019
GOTY 2019 got an update which added Hardcore Mode and Ultrawide support!

Artbook and soundtrack got updated as well
Our Soundtrack and Artbooklet DLC was also updated with FLAC files, new wallpapers, and an updated artbooklet pdf.

Status
Not open for further replies.