Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

ListeningGarden

目をそらした瞬間
Nov 12, 2018

Just read the comic, the game is pretty underwhelming compared to the original work and fails to capture its charm and vigor
I've always hoped that someone would have another try at adapting Bone - Telltale stopping so early on was both a blessing and a curse. The first two books are great, but everything that follows is Wild.

Deleted member 113

I recently deleted my (ridiculously huge) wishlist, and now I can't remember the name of a game I wanted. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Does anyone remember the name of an open world adventure game that is played in first person perspective, in which you go around a town using your phone's map to guide you?
I remember it was funded on Fig or Kickstarter, and it's graphics sort of resembled something painted.

Reactions: MJunioR

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I recently deleted my (ridiculously huge) wishlist, and now I can't remember the name of a game I wanted. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Does anyone remember the name of an open world adventure game that is played in first person perspective, in which you go around a town using your phone's map to guide you?
I remember it was funded on Fig or Kickstarter, and it's graphics sort of resembled something painted.

This one maybe?

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Well, I started my "no cover sad face" quest just now by creating a new category and dropped all my games there.
I'll chip away at it here and there, curious to see how many games I have without cover.

I have exactly 2300 games on Steam at the moment according to the library, nice round number.
2500 is a nicer round number. You should buy 200 games before the sale is over to achieve that nicer round number.

GO!

Reactions: Milena and MJunioR

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
This year is gonna be so expensive. I hardly played anything new last year. This year the list of day 1 is rapidly veering into venture capital territory. I'm accepting investors currently. Sure I may never play any of half these games. No, I'm not sure how you're going to get paid back. And yes, this is a strictly no collateral type thing, but trust me. Let's do this very long term financing adventure - together.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I've been playing A Hat in Time co-op with a friend through remote play and it's been a lot of fun. I was wondering though, on our first session we were both able to use a controller (him owning the game and I was the one streaming in) but our subsequent sessions the keyboard for me was only recognized.

Does anyone know what's up and how I can get my controller to be recognized? Thanks again.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I've been playing A Hat in Time co-op with a friend through remote play and it's been a lot of fun. I was wondering though, on our first session we were both able to use a controller (him owning the game and I was the one streaming in) but our subsequent sessions the keyboard for me was only recognized.

Does anyone know what's up and how I can get my controller to be recognized? Thanks again.
I know this isn't helpful, but I didn't have the issue myself when I played it over several sessions last month with my roommate's little bro. That's really odd, but I can't say I'm surprised - coop in Hat in Time is only slightly less janky than coop in Ys VIII atm, heh.

Reactions: lashman

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Well I think I am throwing in the towel on Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I made it 139 hours but just can't force myself to do the final two dungeons when I have other stuff I would rather play. I guess I just hit a wall and losing a companion really kinda soured me on finishing. I will be cautiously optimistic about the next game and hope they fix some of their missteps.

ETA: What games has everyone played the longest that they never actually finished? I think this one is a record for me.

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Well I think I am throwing in the towel on Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I made it 139 hours but just can't force myself to do the final two dungeons when I have other stuff I would rather play. I guess I just hit a wall and losing a companion really kinda soured me on finishing. I will be cautiously optimistic about the next game and hope they fix some of their missteps.

ETA: What games has everyone played the longest that they never actually finished? I think this one is a record for me.
I wanted to like Kingmaker but it felt like they were following the Pathfinder rules too closely without taking into account it was a computer RPG and not a pen and paper RPG.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018

Probably a number of possible issues but check this from the official Steam Knowledge Base and see if going through this step helps troubleshoot the controller issue: Steam Remote Play - Remote Play - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Was this posted yet? PC confirmed for Type Moon Studio BB's new game(s)?
-medium-sized title already in development in collab with another studio
-smaller title developed in-house to release 2020
-a large title that will expand Type-Moon's worldview and test Studio BB's limits
one of these would be a mobage. :02cry:

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW

I really liked Kingmaker but it has a lot of issues, overstaying it's welcome is one of them. I think the longest for me was Total War Shogun 2, it was probably 200 hours before I beat my first campaign.

Oldschool PC

Nov 23, 2019
It's my least favorite modern crpg. Like many Russian games back in the day, the combat is a random savescum fest. But unlike Evil Islands and Rage of Mages, there's nothing unique enough about Pathfinder's gameplay or setting to make it worth enduring for over 100 hours. It's derivative at its core.

As for the sequel, the choice to adapt Wrath of the Righteous doesn't inspire much confidence. The storyline is even more generic than Kingmaker.

GrrImAFridge

Your friendly neighbourhood appliance
Jan 26, 2019
Fourth time's the charm!

(I'm actually expecting it go to either ScarJo or Zellweger. Also, I'm still not getting e-mail notifications. Bah.)

Edit: They're definitely not going to my spam box, but I've whitelisted metacouncil.com, anyway. Maybe that'll do the trick.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Things at work have sort of improved. I have befriended some of my co-workers. I have plans to play CSGO with them later today (tommorow?)

I'm not a great CSGO player but I can be decent from time to time.

@2:33

Hopefully this leads to me doing more online multiplayer stuff with people that I know in real life.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Speaking of anime, the new FE 3H girl is an ojou-sama

Can't believe 3H winning my goty again
luviaohohohoho.gif

Was this posted yet? PC confirmed for Type Moon Studio BB's new game(s)?

It's happening. Type-Moon gonna flex some more FGO money and honest to gods, I hope they nail it.

To answer your question though, Type-Moon Studio BB posted job openings back in Aug/Sept when first formed and since then many suspected PC among their target platforms. They also specifically are looking for people experienced in Unity, and UE4. They want people who have worked on 3D and 2D, RPG/Action and even Strategy games.

Finally they want people with business level English or better, which also makes people suspect these will be global products!

undu

Mar 17, 2019
I'm very disappointed on the reasoning behind dropping support for Linux of Rocket League, it really shows how they won't bother lifting a finger for their customers even when they have cheap options:

Rocket League is an evolving game, and part of that evolution is keeping our game client up to date with modern features. As part of that evolution, we'll be updating our Windows version from 32-bit to 64-bit later this year, as well as updating to DirectX 11 from DirectX 9.

There are multiple reasons for this change, but the primary one is that there are new types of content and features we'd like to develop, but cannot support on DirectX 9. This means when we fully release DX11 on Windows, we'll no longer support DX9 as it will be incompatible with future content.

Unfortunately, our macOS and Linux native clients depend on our DX9 implementation for their OpenGL renderer to function. When we stop supporting DX9, those clients stop working. To keep these versions functional, we would need to invest significant additional time and resources in a replacement rendering pipeline such as Metal on macOS or Vulkan/OpenGL4 on Linux. We'd also need to invest perpetual support to ensure new content and releases work as intended on those replacement pipelines.
Some optionss are, from cheapest to most expensive:
1. Work with valve to whitelist the game on Proton. This would mean dropping support of MacOS, however.
2. Use the API wrappers DXVK and MoltenVK directly.
3. Instead of porting the game to DX11 port it to multiplatform APIs (OpenGl Vulkan). This would mean ports would be much cheaper to maintain (MonltenVK would still be needed thanks to Apple).

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Fourth time's the charm!
has to happen eventually :p

Also, I'm still not getting e-mail notifications. Bah.)

Edit: They're definitely not going to my spam box, but I've whitelisted metacouncil.com, anyway. Maybe that'll do the trick.
yeah, so weird ... i suppose you might just have to check manually every few days or something ;)

I'm very disappointed on the reasoning behind dropping support for Linux of Rocket League, it really shows how they won't bother lifting a finger for their customers even when they have cheap options:

The cheap option are, from cheapest to most expensive:
1. Work with valve to whitelist the game on Proton. This would mean dropping support of MacOS, however.
2. Use the API wrappers DXVK and MoltenVK directly.
3. Instead of porting the game to DX11 port it to multiplatform APIs (OpenGl Vulkan). This would mean ports would be much cheaper to maintain (MonltenVK would still be needed thanks to Apple).
yeah, i don't believe them at all ...

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Game Pass is good value, but the Xbox app is such a piece of shit. Im totally unable to download TABS no matter what I do.

Good thing the games are on Steam too.
I never had issues with it so far, and once I did start having issuses, I'd quit my sub right away. Impeccable service is the least I expect from this type of service

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I never had issues with it so far, and once I did start having issuses, I'd quit my sub right away. Impeccable service is the least I expect from this type of service
It's a rollercoaster here. Some days the app works fine, sometimes it does not. Either the app takes sometime to load all the pics and info in, sometimes when I start put multiple games into the download list the app goes black and I have to restart it, sometimes I press download and it simply just don't wanna download and I have to go into the MS Store download list to quit the download and then go into the Xbox app to restart the download and hope it works.

This time I had to go into the MS Store and stop the download, then log off my Windows user and log in again and then open the Xbox app and start the download.

Both EGS and MS Store/Xbox lacks in their certain ways.

EGS:

• Cloud saves, but not in all games it seems, have not had any problem with it,
  • Playtime tracking, but it's buggy as in sometimes I have to start the same game up again after closing it to get the playtime to update, somestimes I have to restart the whole client to get the playtime to update.
  • No problems with downloading even though download speeds are slow and the verifying files or whatever at the end takes way too much time which is very annoying

MS Store:

• Cheevos for those that supports it (Xbox console companion app)
  • Playtime tracking for those that supports it (seems to be only for certain games, moststly first party games - Xbox console companion app)
  • Cloud Saves (I think every game has it, but not sure, only 1 problem with it was Felix the Reaper)
  • Xbox Console companion app gives the game pass/MS store some community features and such, but way way less compares to Steam

They are both really bad so I can't really choose which one is better in terms of actually quality. Might give the slight edge to EGS as I haven't had any download problems with the freebies, but the client is so barebones and I really like playtime tracking which, like I said, quite sucks for me on there as I have sometimes problem with it updating.

Using those just shows how far along and way better Steam truly is and why I buy everything I can on Steam.

It's also kinda mind boggling how feature rich Steam is also compares to consoles. I have PS4, Switch and Xbox and Steams features and community stuff goes way beyond them too.

So my experience with both EGS and MS Store/Xbox app can be summed up like this:

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's a rollercoaster here. Some days the app works fine, sometimes it does not. Either the app takes sometime to load all the pics and info in, sometimes when I start put multiple games into the download list the app goes black and I have to restart it, sometimes I press download and it simply just don't wanna download and I have to go into the MS Store download list to quit the download and then go into the Xbox app to restart the download and hope it works.

This time I had to go into the MS Store and stop the download, then log off my Windows user and log in again and then open the Xbox app and start the download.

Both EGS and MS Store/Xbox lacks in their certain ways.

EGS:

• Cloud saves, but not in all games it seems, have not had any problem with it,
  • Playtime tracking, but it's buggy as in sometimes I have to start the same game up again after closing it to get the playtime to update, somestimes I have to restart the whole client to get the playtime to update.
  • No problems with downloading even though download speeds are slow and the verifying files or whatever at the end takes way too much time which is very annoying

MS Store:

• Cheevos for those that supports it (Xbox console companion app)
  • Playtime tracking for those that supports it (seems to be only for certain games, moststly first party games - Xbox console companion app)
  • Cloud Saves (I think every game has it, but not sure, only 1 problem with it was Felix the Reaper)
  • Xbox Console companion app gives the game pass/MS store some community features and such, but way way less compares to Steam

They are both really bad so I can't really choose which one is better in terms of actually quality. Might give the slight edge to EGS as I haven't had any download problems with the freebies, but the client is so barebones and I really like playtime tracking which, like I said, quite sucks for me on there as I have sometimes problem with it updating.

Using those just shows how far along and way better Steam truly is and why I buy everything I can on Steam.

It's also kinda mind boggling how feature rich Steam is also compares to consoles. I have PS4, Switch and Xbox and Steams features and community stuff goes way beyond them too.

So my experience with both EGS and MS Store/Xbox app can be summed up like this:

Sounds rough.
Honestly, you should stop paying for Gamestop if it's that messed up technically. I can't speak for you, but I wouldn't tolerate that shit, but as I said, it's been smooth running for me so far.
It's true that none of them have Steam's broad feature set, but I can accept that as long as things start and just plain work. Take that away, and I'm gone

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sounds rough.
Honestly, you should stop paying for Gamestop if it's that messed up technically. I can't speak for you, but I wouldn't tolerate that shit, but as I said, it's been smooth running for me so far.
It's true that none of them have Steam's broad feature set, but I can accept that as long as things start and just plain work. Take that away, and I'm gone
Game Pass will last me until 2021 or 22, not sure.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Take that away, and I'm gone
The only reasons I am still (theoretically) using Game Pass are that it was $1 for 3 months, and that Ori 2 will be released there on day 1 while my sub is active. Other than that, my experience is the same as fantomena's: toss a coin, and if you are lucky, the download will be able to complete, then toss another coin to check whether the game will start.

It is not possible to look for info online because error messages are too generic, and not specific to Game Pass ; plus PC Game Pass is too recent to have a good knowledge database on forums: I end up on Steam forums with other people ("you too?", "yeah, I come from PC Game Pass", "let us wait for the game to appear as a freebie on EGS, or in a Humble Choice then"), and I occasionally receive Steam notifications because other people post their issue in these threads.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
It did seem weird to me people stopped criticizing windows store when the xbox app and game pass came around, they don't replace that so, it's still important.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
It's still a crapshoot. On my current install of Windows I've had a good time with it. On my last install of Windows - on the same hardware - Windows Store was a nightmare.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Speaking of gamepass I downloaded RAGE 2 and gave that thing a shot for 3-4 hours.

The game is mediocre. Kind of in a sad way too because the shotty seems like its fun. The rest of the game is boring and bland. I didn't see the game get any praise from anyone whatsoever last year so I went in with the lowest of low expectations and its still so meh. Seems like id/Avalanche got together and threw a bunch of shit at a wall until they were able to make a bland Far Cry game. Devs please stop making shlooters if you are not gonna put interesting loot in a game. Open 6 containers full of this blue stuff and open 2 containers full of dollar bills in an apocalypse game is not fun. And please stop copying Ubisoft game design when Ubisoft themselves don't even know what to do with the shit anymore. Such a waste of an AAA game :(

Should of just made it a fun contained run n gun id game with no aim down sights or any of the pointless vehicle driving and stupid upgrades.

Reactions: Ge0force and xinek

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019

That's the point where I just turned on full god mode with the Bag of Tricks mod. Then just went on a full insta-death murder rampage to get through the last 2 areas. It was worth it to not just leave the game dangling.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Also, just to have it said, I don't think the problem is the harddrive. I have Origin, Uplay, EGS, Oculus, GOG, Battle.net and Xbox installed on the same external HDD and I only have problems with the Xbox app.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The strangest thing to me is also how strangely fragile the Windows Store Apps are. I remember messing it all up in a previous install on my PC by simply giving myself all the rights to the folders, but not changing any of the existing permissions.
That immediately destroyed the Windows Store App, it wouldn't boot up anymore. And none of the other Apps worked from that moment on. The funny thing is, that despite that I still couldn't access those damned folders properly. No idea what vodoo magic Microsoft produced here. I'm assuming they hacked the permission system of Windows just to make it impossible to access properly, and even the smallest fiddling by users makes it all collapse like a house of cards.

On the plus side, even Microsoft internal teams like the Office people seem to have given up the idea of fully moving to the UWP model, so maybe at some point Microsoft just ends this charade and enables proper Win32 and file system support for the Windows Store applications. Just installing them to the Program Folder as normal applications.

Reactions: C-Dub

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Fuck the gamepass shit, I'm not paying 5 bucks to a month to beta test GFWL. 3.0 client, What would anyone use this shit? Most of you already have HUGE backlogs, you can just wait for the games you want to go cheap and own them forever instead of playing monthly to rent them out.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I have free gamepass until the end of the world, so I'm okay with using it to save me some money. I haven't had a big issue with the xbox app YET.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Fuck the gamepass shit, I'm not paying 5 bucks to a month to beta test GFWL. 3.0 client, What would anyone use this shit? Most of you already have HUGE backlogs, you can just wait for the games you want to go cheap and own them forever instead of playing monthly to rent them out.
I pretty much just use it as a demo to see if I like it so I can buy it on Steam. That's why I also have EGS installed, I use it only to get freebies, try them out and see if Im gonna get it on Steam.

Reactions: Ge0force

Deleted member 113

2019 was another great year for adventure games.

If anyone is looking for some suggestions in the genre, the list of nominees for 2019's Aggie Awards (the awards from the AdventureGamers website) is a good place to start:

And yes, lashman, Life is Strange 2 is nominated in many categories (best story, best writing, best traditional adventure, ...). ;)

Deleted member 113

Are there any good, cheap, bundles in the current Steam sale?
I usually get a few good deals with "complete a bundle" purchases.

---

On the topic of cheap games, allow me to post a "random" deal.
The following release includes 13 titles from Cinemaware:

I used to enjoy their titles a lot on the Amiga.
Lovely, impressive visuals, although the gameplay was somewhat on the "clunky" side.
Still. I spent many hours with them (many of them creating custom rosters with friends and family names for TV Sports: Basketball :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:), and for the asking price, it may be worth a look for fans of older titles.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.