Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
I am thinking I might take advantage of the sale to grab one of the many "favorite" games I don't own, like D:OS2 or Sekiro or even Witcher 3. It actually looks like there might be as many or more best-sales from my wishlist as the holiday sale so I need to skim through that too.
Humble has W3 for the cheapest I've ever seen it, 100% worth it. DOS2 for 50% off on Steam is also a bargain.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
There is a PS2 samurai jack game, dunno if any good. Also a GBA game.

Edit: Tartakovsky has a new promising looking series, I've not watched yet, I saw a facebook ad and the style was instantly recognizable somehow:
I didn't know about the GBA game but I'm going to guess that it was a side scrolling 2d platforming game. Just like almost all other western cartoon/movie tie ins for GBA games. At least on the DS some of them let you move in more of a 3D environment.

I watched Primal and boy is it good.

Gendy is very talented

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Humble has W3 for the cheapest I've ever seen it, 100% worth it. DOS2 for 50% off on Steam is also a bargain.
Yea, that's only like ~100 hours minimum of content, no problem :ripblob:
looks at backlog nervously
looks at Hades / Endless Space 2 time played recently shamefully

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
Yea, that's only like ~100 hours minimum of content, no problem :ripblob:
looks at backlog nervously
looks at Hades / Endless Space 2 time played recently shamefully
Haha I feel you, my backlog is ever growing as well. Closer to 200 hours though 😅 seriously though HB has W3 for a silly low price.

How is Hades? I own it as I'm a massive Super Giant fan boy but I tend to wait until games are out of EA before I play them.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hmh it's so strange, what's up with me and linnear games. I started to play A Plague Tale and seems so cool but I just get so exhausted directly and alt-tab to do other stuff. I did the same with Hellblade. I think I just have to accept that I can't play too linnear games and just stick to games I know I like.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I think I should play more linear games. The issue with me is that when I am given the option to explore and do not have to do the main objective first, I tend to wander the map. This is why it takes me a very long time to beat games.

Oh and the CSGO thing didn't go as well as I had planned. I normally don't really play online with people that I know all that often, and because I don't have a mic I guess that for my friend it was really nice different than playing with a bunch of random players.

I may look into getting a mic but the issue is that I think I will mainly be using my speakers, so that with the mic could be an issue.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The GOTY/GOTD of PC ERA are known:

I will check the differences between the community choices later.

and alt-tab to do other stuff
:lewdblob:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I think I should play more linear games. The issue with me is that when I am given the option to explore and do not have to do the main objective first, I tend to wander the map. This is why it takes me a very long time to beat games.
Yeah, I think the problem for me is that what I like the least in games usually is the main thing to do, I love to just explore and disappear into the world, if there is only a corridor where all I can do is the main thing then I get super stressed.

Haha ! Well almost, I usually go either to MC or dating sites.XD

Reactions: PC-tan

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Haha I feel you, my backlog is ever growing as well. Closer to 200 hours though 😅 seriously though HB has W3 for a silly low price.

How is Hades? I own it as I'm a massive Super Giant fan boy but I tend to wait until games are out of EA before I play them.
Hades is pretty great as-is. The story isn't finished yet, and they are adding a few pieces of content yet, but the vast bulk of the game is clearly there, like 90% at least. The latest big patch unfortunately was a step backwards in a lot of ways, balance-wise, and they've backtracked some of it, but it does make me feel like the most fun I've had with the game is in the past if they continue down the path of nerfing the player so hard.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Black Desert has been staring me in the face for multiple sales now and I kinda wanna buy it.
I know it's supposed to be super grindy and pay to win and everything, but I wouldn't play it seriously anyway - just try it out, do some story and combat and play around with the character creator. Is that worth 4 bucks :thinking-face:

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
Black Desert has been staring me in the face for multiple sales now and I kinda wanna buy it.
I know it's supposed to be super grindy and pay to win and everything, but I wouldn't play it seriously anyway - just try it out, do some story and combat and play around with the character creator. Is that worth 4 bucks :thinking-face:
You won't feel ripped off by spending $4 on it, you'll easily get 4 hours of fun out of it. If you ever try to get more than slightly competitive in it though, well, break out the credit cards (yes, multiple :p). The more you play it the more you will find the game frustrating but it will be quite a few hours before you get to the point of noticing just how ridiculously beneficial paying for mtx are, which is the point where many people get soured on the experience.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Steam Global Top Sellers

How are there still people who do not own GTA5 lmao

Temtem bringing in the munnay~
And Plague Inc. Evolved being so high is...wow. Congrats to the dev team.
Also Human Fall Flat being up there is neat. I really should play it some day.

Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Looks like Monster Hunter continues to do really well. Nice. Hope Capcom doesn’t lose their head with MTX in the next game.

Reactions: Mor

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Quake Ep. 2 done.
Really enjoying it although I would've liked some 'check points' or such that saved your progress, instead of manual saves :p
Enemy encounters really make it a life or death kinda thing esp. when your own rockets could harm you XP

Reactions: Echoes and fokkusu

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The go-to website for netdeckers in Elder Scrolls: Legends will close by the end of the month.

Hi everyone!

Legends-decks.com will close its gates on January 31st 2020 at midnight.
Unfortunately, since the official announcement regarding the end of development of the game, the number of visitors has drastically dropped.
Legends-decks does not make enough revenue anymore and is no longer able to pay for its own server, this means I currently have to pay for it, which is something I cannot afford.
I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway, thank you everyone for using this website for the past 3 years! This was a pleasure!

See you around!
Ashmore

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Now that I reached Iceborne in MHW on PC, I'm feeling very conflicted about the 700 hours I put into the game on PS4. :confounded-face:

Reactions: lashman

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Quake Ep. 2 done.
Really enjoying it although I would've liked some 'check points' or such that saved your progress, instead of manual saves :p
Enemy encounters really make it a life or death kinda thing esp. when your own rockets could harm you XP
That's part of the thrill, pressing Esc as fast as you can after a successful encounter 😜 :steam_pig_laughing:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Steam Global Top Sellers

How are there still people who do not own GTA5 lmao

Temtem bringing in the munnay~
And Plague Inc. Evolved being so high is...wow. Congrats to the dev team.
Also Human Fall Flat being up there is neat. I really should play it some day.
This is a testament to how diverse the PC as a platform is. We have some AAA console games on there, some games that always seem to do well on mobile (Plague Inc), a strategy game and something like TemTem, a Pokemon clone that no big publisher has dared to do in a long time but are probably wishing they had now.

Literally every itch can be scratched.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
LoR is killing hope from all the competitors, I guess.

The Duelyst servers will officially close on February 27th, 2020 at 3:00 PM PST.

Beginning today, we’re also reducing the cost on all Diamond Orb purchases in Duelyst by 99%. The price of Diamond Orb Bundles are now :
  • 3 Orbs = From 450 to 4 Diamonds
  • 10 Orbs = From 1450 to 14 Diamonds
  • 25 Orbs = From 3500 to 35 Diamonds
  • 50 Orbs = From 6000 to 60 Diamonds

Once again, we want to thank all of you for your amazing support of Duelyst over the years. We’ve been truly blessed to be part of such an amazing community.

Reactions: QFNS and inky

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I think most purchases for Pikuniku are from Meta members, haha :p I bought it myself as well along with Agent A
It's a really nice game. Kind of reminds me of Wuppo a little bit, actually.
I played it via Twitch already (because for some reason you got the game from there before it even released) and for that price I figured I'd just add it to the library proper, heh.

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
LoR is killing hope from all the competitors, I guess.

It's a shame. Duelyst is undoubtedly a well made game and I'm not sure why it never clicked for me. I'm sure them being all hands on deck with Godfall also has something to do with its closure along with it's declining performance and newer competition.

Reactions: QFNS

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
Looks like Monster Hunter continues to do really well. Nice. Hope Capcom doesn’t lose their head with MTX in the next game.
Now that I reached Iceborne in MHW on PC, I'm feeling very conflicted about the 700 hours I put into the game on PS4. :confounded-face:
I think it's about time for me to finally pick up MHW lol. Still haven't gotten around to it yet but I've heard nothing but good things.

Reactions: beep boop

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Something I just realized, TW Three Kingdoms sold 1 mill copies in 1 week:

Steam user ratings are 30k right now, meaning that if you multiply 30.000 with 50, you get 1,5 mill sold copies and it released about 8 months ago.

Seems like the the Steam user-sales thing some devs have mentioned might be somewhat correct then. Multiply user reviews with 50 (pessmistic) to 100 (optimistic) and it may be somewhat accurate.

Considering TW TK sold 1 mill in 1 week and it's been 8 months since release, it has most likely sold over 1,5 mill by now.

Deleted member 113

I don't own it either. ;)

On top of not particularly caring for the series since GTA: Vice City, Rockstart locked content from "non-returning players" (those who haven't previously bought the game on previous generation consoles). So yeah, they can suck it. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The one thing that made me fall off the GTA V train was the sheer cynicism and bile thrown by the writers at pretty much everything. That game had no message, it came across at an "everything sucks and you are all stupid" kind of piece.

RDR2 seems to be anything but that, but I will wait for a pretty steep sale to try it.

Reactions: C-Dub

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
------
Uninstalled A Plague Tale and now downloading Dishonored 2 instead.:D

So plague tales is just too linear?

Oh and people seem to like the new Walking Dead game. Does any one here still watch the show and if so do you think it should have ended some time ago, or should it still keep on going?

After playing DQB2 and looking around on Steam, I'm in the mood for a Sim/management game. I like the NPCs in DQB2 and they do have needs and they tell you what they want, but there is no punishment for not keeping them happy. If you make them happy they give you hearts that you can redeem to build new stuff, but that's about it. I do sort of wish that you had a more serious role in making sure that they get proper sleep, that they get food, that they have a bathroom, exercise and that they don't die. So I guess sort of like the Sims, but that I myself am a character in the game (instead of just being god). I also do like the building aspect but sometimes you just don't know what to build.

I also don't want the management stuff to be too hardcore since that would potentially mean having to find a lot of new NPCs and training them.

I have some older PC games on CD that I think I might try to replay that are management games.

Also I'm surprised that that one Japanese dev has not released their games on PC. They release their games mainly on mobile and they have also been releasing them on N/S as well. I'm talking about the dev behind Game Dev Story. That game was rather simple but also very fun.

I myself don't own GTA V on Steam, I had the game on Xbox 360 and I really liked the game. I still don't own it on PC because I already beat the game and while I did pirate the game on PC in the past, I don't think I will be buying the game for some time, mainly because I already played it and because of the file size. The same sort of applies to RDR2, although with RDR2 I never beat the game, but I will at some point buy it for PC.

I would maybe replay GTA V, but because of my back catalogue I think I want to focus on games I have not played yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.