Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

$109

Results look actually really good and it's for sure cheaper to get 3 cheap 16:9 monitors than one ultra-ultrawide.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
You... can... do... that? :eek:
If you think that's cool, check this sweet move out.
I did it........ by sheer accident 😂

But honestly, there are unique ways to solve issues. Some you wouldn't think about.
E.g. Without climbing gloves, jump boots or ropes, some areas may seem impossible to get to. But with a little bit of ingenuity and enemy placement, you can use the bounce of killing a mob to reach otherwise too high places. Again, from one of my runs.

Sorry for the Spelunky spam folks.... No, PLAY IT!

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
So it's just a poor Community manager then.
It still begs the question why you give PC ports to studios who don't value proper font rendering in a Visual Novel.
AQUAPLUS is the IP owner not a studio that was simply paid to port it, it isn't uncommon even among other VN publishers to have the developers doing the brunt of the coding workload while the publisher takes care of other stuff, it's also relatively recent for visual novel to be 1080p, as a comparison 720p became the standard around 2011-2012+, so it's isn't too hard to believe AQUAPLUS just went with that thinking it was fine.

Rance IX came out in 2014 and is 1280 x 720, Bokuten (2012) is 1024x576, WanNyan ☆ à la mode! (2015) is 1280 x 720, Kyonyuu Fantasy 3 if (2018) is 1280x720, Taimanin Yukikaze 2 remaster with animated H-scenes is 1024x768, Sukebe Elf (2017) is 1280x720

I can keep going but basically it's entirely possible AQUAPLUS just underestimated the market demands for 1080p in the west.

edit: what surprises me is that the upscaling seems worse than the ps4 version (iirc that versions upscales from 720 to 1080)

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

$109

Results look actually really good and it's for sure cheaper to get 3 cheap 16:9 monitors than one ultra-ultrawide.
For similar quality displays, cost is very similar, but it would be also 21:9 or 32:9 vs 48:9

or you could go batshit crazy* and use 3x 32:9 for 63-96:9. though I imagine it doesn't work well with curved displays.

if you make compromises (1080p/75hz) for ~$1000

Amazon product
https://www.amazo n.com/LG-34WK650-W-34-UltraWide-21/dp/B078GSH1LV

but man those things look ugly

Reactions: freshVeggie

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
If you think that's cool, check this sweet move out.
I did it........ by sheer accident 😂

But honestly, there are unique ways to solve issues. Some you wouldn't think about.
E.g. Without climbing gloves, jump boots or ropes, some areas may seem impossible to get to. But with a little bit of ingenuity and enemy placement, you can use the bounce of killing a mob to reach otherwise too high places. Again, from one of my runs.

Sorry for the Spelunky spam folks.... No, PLAY IT!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Asking someone if he is a wizard is rude ! :disapproval-blob:
I ate a clown today.

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Found this guy's site. Posts about cool cockpit games & shit. Makes it look almost like the space/flight combat genre is alive & well. Still too few mechs though.
But yeah lots of cool mostly indie stuff to browse through that I'd never seen before. And some sad stuff like this which doesn't appear to have had progress in a while, dude is apparently part of the Rebel Galaxy Outlaw devs but I dunno if this project was put on hold for it or he's working on it in his spare time anyway...

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I've grown tired of saying this every time it happens. Think I'm gonna start reporting posts that do that, I don't want this place to become another shitposting forum.
So we should stop shitposting about any other place. Reddit, Twitter, Gaf, Steam, Facebook, PCGamer, etc.

Everything is fine, we just have to close our eyes.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Don't like all the other-place-posting but given they involved members here directly by name it's natural it was discussed a bit this time...

Also that stuff is pages old by now, why bring it up again in the latest page just to say that rather than simply skip past it... Just saying...

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Don't like all the other-place-posting but given they involved members here directly by name it's natural it was discussed a bit this time...

Also that stuff is pages old by now, why bring it up again in the latest page just to say that rather than simply skip past it... Just saying...
Because I got home from work?
Am I not allowed to participate in the discussion?

I don't agree that Era should be forbidden to be talked about when we constantly ridicule other places and dumb twitter posts. Either we ban everything or nothing.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Obviously, my post was directed to the people bringing it up just to say don't bring it up.

And yes, you're allowed, just as others are allowed to have a different opinion and not believe in that "all or nothing' proposal.

Kind of how gaming sites don't shit post about other gaming sites outside journalism about some scandal or whatever occured. This is a forum like that.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Found this guy's site. Posts about cool cockpit games & shit. Makes it look almost like the space/flight combat genre is alive & well. Still too few mechs though.
But yeah lots of cool mostly indie stuff to browse through that I'd never seen before. And some sad stuff like this which doesn't appear to have had progress in a while, dude is apparently part of the Rebel Galaxy Outlaw devs but I dunno if this project was put on hold for it or he's working on it in his spare time anyway...
This is both wonderful and dreadful for my already short night.

Reactions: Alextended

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Well, I started my "no cover sad face" quest just now by creating a new category and dropped all my games there.
I'll chip away at it here and there, curious to see how many games I have without cover.

I have exactly 2300 games on Steam at the moment according to the library, nice round number.

Status
Not open for further replies.