Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
My Lunar sale haul is just 2 games but more than enough until Summer sale (and in the meantime there are more things that will come, so yeah...)

Plan for future purchases? well, right now I'm thinking of Metro Exodus once it comes to steam with both DLC, maybe The Division 2 if it's released on Steam too, a few anime games such as Gundam, Doraemon and Disaster Report 4 + some unnanounced things (as always, I expect shadow drops) and some indies too.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
So I ended up buying these two:

And used card money, so I didn't spend anything at all really! :D

Not that I am playing anything at all at the moment...
I became a dad back in November and we recently moved as well, so everything is a bit chaotic at the moment! :)

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm down to my last 100 coins. I have to pick between Confident Rooster, and Horrified Rat. This sucks.

Went with

Reactions: lashman and Angelo

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Didn't find any deals worth going for, even on my wishlist. Felt good to basically skip a sale, even if I don't get the badge

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Well, money is... what it is, for me, so I waited until today to decide anything.
The most probable purchase is Xanadu Next, I would like to add Zweii to it but that might be pushing it.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Well, money is... what it is, for me, so I waited until today to decide anything.
The most probable purchase is Xanadu Next, I would like to add Zweii to it but that might be pushing it.
You can never go wrong with buying a Falcom game, quality guaranteed. Ys VIII was the exception, but Durante fixed that one too.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Finally back with internet. My town was flooded Noah style due to a dam breaking in another town and my ISP's datacenter was literally sleeping with the fishes.

Not exactly a fun experience even if I wasn't directly affected by the flood but I guess I get to say I played a real life version of Disaster Report?

Deleted member 113

But, lashman, isn't that the guy that, not long ago, was complaining about Valve/Steam, and pretty much said that indie games don't sell on Steam, and made some utterly ridiculous estimates?

Reactions: lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
But, lashman, isn't that the guy that, not long ago, was complaining about Valve/Steam, and pretty much said that indie games don't sell on Steam, and made some utterly ridiculous estimates?
This is a little different. He's not going against what he said before, just that Steam has much better tools for backend number crunching/details than anyone else. In theory, his game could have sold like shit, but at least he'd know because he has access to the data

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
A simple search for his name on these forums will bring you plenty of entries.

Like (and this is the end of a long thread):

As always on social media, people and personalities try to play the topic and controversy of the day to grow their audience. The fact that he's right in the case quoted earlier doesn't change the fact that he stuck his head in the sand in the thread quoted here and ignored the effects of exclusivity on other developers such as him.

I'd say we're better off ignoring him.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

I'd say we're better off ignoring him.
Oh, I have him "blocked" on twitter for quite some time, even before this. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
His comments were constantly appearing on my feed, because some developers were quoting or retweeting them, and he was getting on my nerves.

Reactions: Swenhir

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

looks at Steam account

Damn, you'd have to be a fool to buy games you'll never play!

...is what I'd say if I wasn't one of those. But since I am, I'll just say those people are pretty smart, funny, hot, and have the best hygiene and eating habits of all. Yep, that's exactly who they are :p

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
That dude you've been linking tweets of sounds bipolar when you present them in that order >_>

Those year on year stats are silly, why go by the "average" game and not, you know, shit people would ideally wanna buy because they have stuff to offer?

Maybe it's true more of them don't sell as % but what about as volume of total sales? Surely Steam as a platform has been shown to be growing year on year.

Maybe (I mean that's been a topic in the past) there are more asset flips that don't sell and more work you need to do as a dev to stand out regardless of store.

Games on EGS obviously don't magically stop competing for user time with games on any other store of course. And sure, take Epic money, but be honest.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Y'all seen my sale haul~

Real talk: I got Remember me off Humble and played it after I got it. Just had the impulse for that XP
so i exhausted my gaming funds until Summer :face-savouring-delicious-food:

Hadd quite a bunch of cash left in steam wallet , also dont really plan to get anything else until summer due to some other expenses
You are now set for gaming for the entire year at least.
Also Deserts of Kharak seems to be cheaper over at 2game.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I only bought Sekiro on the Sale, and been playing only Temtem non stop. :shrugblob:
How is it ?

Oh, and when is the order cut off date for the current humble choice?

Last edited:

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Just paused humble this morning. So far Choice has been pretty underwhelming. It's just the same as Monthly but with the dates shuffled around and a couple more games. I'm trying to avoid any more keys that I won't actually use.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I always think of Mike as a numbers person and pretty much just that.

I can see the issue with the Nintendo thing, In the past having an Indie game on N/S would have sold a lot and made you a good amount of money, but with how many indie games are now on N/S and how it's now a race to the bottom (with games selling for pennies now, which is in fact profitable) getting your indie game noticed is a lot harder.

So does that make the Steam statistics sort of like a weather report? Since it's better to know that a storm is coming instead of learning as it hits so you can already be prepared for the worst. Especially when your lively hood is at stake.

Oh and about Samurai Jack, it does not look that good on my monitor, I am using my base PS4 to watch the Blu-rays. My monitor is 1440p and the show was originally in a 3:4 format. It does say that the show is remastered but some parts just look bad. Maybe it's that way because I am just too close to the display compared to a regular TV and because of the difference in resolution. There was an interview video and that one looked very bad and just very low rez. I was watching Samurai Jack on my phone before at 1080p and it looked really great but that could be because of the size difference and not being able to see all the small details.

Also how much money do I need to spend in USD in order to get all of the emotes in the sale, a badge, and a wallpaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.