Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Though judging on his feedback, you won't be getting your free games anyway!
Also seems to sell old steam accounts a lot all to people with very low feedback, many to the same few people. There seems to be some sort of scam going on, not sure what. Probably some sort of refund scam.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

VR demand outstripped supply during the holiday season
Valve sold 149K Index headsets in 2019. Sales more than doubled from Q3 to Q4 (103K) thanks to anticipation for Half-Life: Alyx, which was announced in November and is slated to arrive in March. The Index sold more units than any other PC VR headset during the quarter despite a steep price of up to $1000. It would have sold even more if not for inventory issues (the device is currently sold out worldwide).

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Also seems to sell old steam accounts a lot all to people with very low feedback, many to the same few people. There seems to be some sort of scam going on, not sure what. Probably some sort of refund scam.
Shady business... At which point in one's life does one cross the line from making free bucks from Steam/EGS freebies to supporting scammers? :emo:

Reactions: lashman

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
By the way, madjoki, do you know if I can unrestrict a limited account by gifting a 5€ Steam digital card to my main account? As far as I understand, it should work. I am thinking of building a small army in prevision of the summer sales.

The only issue would be a potential and temporary market restriction, with a warning like this one:

Pretty sure no:

I received my game(s) as a gift, will I gain access to all features?

No, games that have been received as a gift or via Steam Trading are not eligible.
If we consider how the coins worked on the last sales, they probably only consider the money when it comes into the Steam ecosystem (aka gifting 5$ in currency would be the same as gifting a game as purchases with your Steam Wallet wouldnt count by itself, but rather the act of filling the wallet).

Edit: Oh, I understood it wrongly, you are gifting it from your dummy account to your main one, then I would say Yes.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Satisfactory app id was updated today for the first time in 4 months.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I spent half of Saturday afternoon updating my in-game streaming radio list for Farming Simulator 19. Now I've got all the 80's thrash & hair metal, 60's classic jazz, 70's yacht rock, 90's drum & bass, that I can shake a stick at. Bonus.

I guess talk of FS19 coming to EGS inspired me to reinstall it after not having touched it for the better part of a year.

Man, this franchise is just so damn good. I forgot how gorgeously rendered all the machinery & equipment is. And how deep and varied the game systems are (esp. with the Seasons mod).

It kinda scratches that Zen-mode itch found in Euro Truck, but feels like it has far more depth in the farm management and maintenance dept.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It seems like Thronebreaker just had a permanent price drop recently (today?) on Steam. It's almost half of the previous price. HOWEVER, it's still not as low as the original price for me, when it still had regional-pricing for a short while.

Reactions: QFNS and inky

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Figures are expensive and an addictive hobby.

The place that I get mine from is currently having a bishojou figure sale for Valentines (they know their customers well....)

I ended up buying one, it was released at the end of 2017 and all the places that are still selling it are selling it for at or more than $200USD (new). I was able to get one for $75USD shipped.

The thing is like 10.5 inches tall, the only issue with the figure seems to be the proportions, I guess the head and face look rather small compared to the rest of the body.

Also I am still hoping that one day Good Smile Company will release a Doom Guy Figma. I'm still sort of surprised that Valve has been able to get multiple Figmas and Nendoroids made, especially for stuff like DOTA, I don't think even LOL (Riot) has figures by them.

Those are impressive index numbers (but ya where are they getting those from, since I doubt Valve would share that information and if they do it would most likely be to Steamworks partners doing VR stuff)

Deleted member 113

It's hard to recommend a crowdfunding campaign in 2020, after all that has happened in the last year, but this game, whose campaign just launched, looks really cool:

It's from a pixel artist that worked on titles such as Lionheart, The Misadventures of Flink, The Adventures of Lomax, Shantae: Risky’s Revenge and Contra 4.
The composer of the game is Manami Matsumae (Mega Man 1 and 2, Final Fight, Magic Sword, ...).

Reactions: Spamlynguist

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

The place that I get mine from is currently having a bishojou figure sale for Valentines (they know their customers well....)

I ended up buying one, it was released at the end of 2017 and all the places that are still selling it are selling it for at or more than $200USD (new). I was able to get one for $75USD shipped.

The thing is like 10.5 inches tall, the only issue with the figure seems to be the proportions, I guess the head and face look rather small compared to the rest of the body.

Also I am still hoping that one day Good Smile Company will release a Doom Guy Figma. I'm still sort of surprised that Valve has been able to get multiple Figmas and Nendoroids made, especially for stuff like DOTA, I don't think even LOL (Riot) has figures by them.

Those are impressive index numbers (but ya where are they getting those from, since I doubt Valve would share that information and if they do it would most likely be to Steamworks partners doing VR stuff)
Disregard currency
Acquire waifus

Reactions: PC-tan

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Hey guys, I need to change my SSD with a bigger one. I only have some steam games installed, if I simply copy the folder is there any problem? Or I should first move them with steam on my HDD and then re-move them on the new ssd?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Seems like I will be playing Gylt for free as I got a buddy pass (for free) in december lasting until 1st march.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Hey guys, I need to change my SSD with a bigger one. I only have some steam games installed, if I simply copy the folder is there any problem? Or I should first move them with steam on my HDD and then re-move them on the new ssd?
Im pretty sure ive just copied the folder in the past.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Satisfactory app id was updated today for the first time in 4 months.

Well, not exactly, those are automatic tag changes so no real updates per se, in fact, as the store page is gone tags doesn't change that often, that's why.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well, not exactly, those are automatic tag changes so no real updates per se, in fact, as the store page is gone tags doesn't change that often, that's why.
Why are you breaking my hope like that.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Random thought of someone who has worked 70h in the past 4 days: What are the chances that TemTem is the Fortnite killer the oracles prophetised?

Reactions: C-Dub and xinek

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Random thought of someone who has worked 70h in the past 4 days: What are the chances that TemTem is the Fortnite killer the oracles prophetised?
Fortnite kids are like Call of Duty and FIFA players, they don't care about anything else, they will eventualy grow out of it, now it needs to be seen if the next generation will replace they, like the other two, only time will tell.

Reactions: PC-tan and madjoki

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I only just noticed that there are other tabs in the Steam inventory and i have a Team Fortress 2 one with a load of stuff in it to sell. Some of it is like 50p!

Im going to be rich!

I dont think ive ever played Team Fortress.

Reactions: MJunioR
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I spent half of Saturday afternoon updating my in-game streaming radio list for Farming Simulator 19. Now I've got all the 80's thrash & hair metal, 60's classic jazz, 70's yacht rock, 90's drum & bass, that I can shake a stick at. Bonus.
best soundtrack for farming ... and trucking! :D

Reactions: Aaron D.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019

I bought a Summer Vira figure because she was on rate up in the gacha and i wasted 50 pulls trying to get her and failed. Probably the dumbest reason to buy a figure but I love my Vira so much so I ain't mad.

I also told myself I wouldn't buy figures but then when I hung out at AX with some friends I ended up buying a Kos-Mos fig, a Saber Alter fig, and a Holo fig 😔

There's a feature if you right click and go into the properties of each game, to move them to a different drive. Probably just safe enough to move the folder, but I did it this way and had no problems.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

New gameplay footage of Prodeus

As a proud member of the the Boomer-Shooter Resurgence Club, I'll likely Day One Prodeus.

Though I gotta be honest, I feel like it's missing something found in Dusk, Ion Fury, and Amid Evil. It's missing that liquid-smooth lightning speed and low-poly construction.

Feels more like Doom (2016) as processed through a pixel-renderer. Everything in the gameplay vids just feels so heavy, where 90s shooters feel super light & airy.

As I said, I can see myself being an early adopter though. If for Andrew Hulshult's brilliant soundtrack skills more than anything. And the game does look ace. I just think it might be mislabeled as a retro-shooter as much as it's a modern indie-shooter.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Why are you breaking my hope like that.
Not breaking your hope by any means, I'm the first one that says this game will come for sure, just want to make sure you all get how this changes work.

well, since it doesn't have store page so only devs can change tags :p
This is not a tag change, it's a reorganization of the very same tags, it's not like this last change has actually changed anything, 8 months ago "Automation" was added, there YES, devs added it but this last one? not so sure.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I bought a Summer Vira figure because she was on rate up in the gacha and i wasted 50 pulls trying to get her and failed. Probably the dumbest reason to buy a figure but I love my Vira so much so I ain't mad.

I also told myself I wouldn't buy figures but then when I hung out at AX with some friends I ended up buying a Kos-Mos fig, a Saber Alter fig, and a Holo fig 😔

There's a feature if you right click and go into the properties of each game, to move them to a different drive. Probably just safe enough to move the folder, but I did it this way and had no problems.
I need to see images of these figures, if you do not mind

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Seems like a very interesting game. Neat juxtaposition between the cutesy art style and such a dark plot.

Really happy to see the success of Temtem, they really have a lot going for them. Also a very lucky release date for their EA, early 2020 is really damn empty with all those delays.
Good word of mouth gives them two months with virtually no competition.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Moving within Steam might be more reliable. Copying the stuff from Common usually works too, if you uninstall the game, then reinstall (pointing steam to the new drive). Make a new steam library on the new drive first. Then copy the files over and let steam discover the existing files. When it doesn't work, though (probably due to DRM), steam will make you dl part or the entire game all over again even if it has the files it needed. Definitely have a local backup if your bandwidth is bad.

Last edited:

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
No need to do it manually for each game if you got big list, on the upper left corner of main Steam window there is "Steam" button with "Backup and Restore Games..." that presents you with list of games you can backup to your HDD then just restore them on new SSD.
If you got only few games installed then the "Move Install Folder..." method is faster, but needs to be done on each game and when I did it there wasn't any clear progress indicator for the transfer, this could have been updated since that though.

Oldschool PC

Nov 23, 2019
As a proud member of the the Boomer-Shooter Resurgence Club, I'll likely Day One Prodeus.

Though I gotta be honest, I feel like it's missing something found in Dusk, Ion Fury, and Amid Evil. It's missing that liquid-smooth lightning speed and low-poly construction.

Feels more like Doom (2016) as processed through a pixel-renderer. Everything in the gameplay vids just feels so heavy, where 90s shooters feel super light & airy.
The person in the gameplay trailer seems to be using a controller. That would also explain why they added ADS.

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.