Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
It's easily one of my favorite games of all time. I'm still at odds over the second, but I was glad to get another slice. The soundtrack is absolute perfection. I can't tell you how many times I've played the game. Oddly, it was one of the first games I beat when I get my first gaming PC back in like 2012. HLM3... When?
Hotline Miami got me into synthwave. To me it was both a fantastic game and an excellent way of discovering new music. Haven't played much of the sequel; it's not that I didn't like it, it just didn't hook me yet.

Reactions: PC-tan

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
RTX 2080ti and i usually play on a 1080p/144hz monitor. Sometimes i'll play on a 4k monitor if it's a controller game and slower paced game. since that monitor is only 60hz, since i vastly prefer higher refresh rate to resolution.
I want to go back to 1080p for performance's sake, but after playing in 1440p, it looks blurry and grainy.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Just finally upgraded this year from a 970 to a 2070 super to go with a new 1440p Gsync monitor. Definitely got my money's worth out of the old 970 though.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Big McLargehuge

God Cleaver
Dec 8, 2018
I've got a GTX 1070 with a 1440p 60 Hz monitor.
I mostly play older games, so I'm usually good with High/Max settings.
I'm aiming to upgrade to new GPU + 144 Hz monitor later this year, so Nvidia better not fuck up the pricing again. :mad:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
GTX 1080, 1080p 144hz.

Looking to buy a RTX 3080 or 3080ti, what I will end up buying will depend on price gap and the strength between them. If the 3080ti is just 20% or around that stronger than the 3080, I will probably not buy it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
How long b4 Humble gets tired of curating this stuff and just gives subscribers some vouchers to buy wtvr they want off their store?

Excluding new and 60$ stuff ofc. Would honestly prefer it that way and I imagine it would be much less work/headaches for them.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Where did they get their data? How could they know outside Valve announcing it? Same for Oculus numbers. And any other brand tbh.
I think this and the growth it shows for S (even if it may partially include some Quests) might contradict those superdata numbers which had Index selling more.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
How long b4 Humble gets tired of curating this stuff and just gives subscribers some vouchers to buy wtvr they want off their store?

Excluding new and 60$ stuff ofc. Would honestly prefer it that way and I imagine it would be much less work/headaches for them.
This won't happen, ever. No publisher/developer would allow for such a thing.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Anyone getting Dwarf Fortress on Steam when it's out? Im very interested in it despite the huge learning curve.
Hell yeah. I can't wait.

It's two-fold for me. I've always wanted to tackle DF and it's time to support the Adams brothers. They had the game up for free on Bay 12 since 2006 and have been actively working on it since 2002. More importantly one of the brothers has cancer and their medical bills are mounting (thus the Steam release, game will still be free on B12). It's the easiest $20 I'll spend in a long while.

For the game itself, it's always been a bit of a white whale for me. I've grown into ever-increasingly complex sims over the years, often in wildly diverse genres. Everything from CK2/EU4, Kerbal, Factorio, Caves of Qud, CDDA, Maj'Eyal, RimWorld, Cogmind, Kenshi and more. I'd go so far as to say that lo-fi, staggeringly deep sim titles are my absolute favorite flavor of gaming experience in the modern age. Where unpacking layer upon layer of depth is just as, if not more entertaining than system mastery.

Enter Dwarf Fortress. The one that continues to elude me. Here I am at least grasping some or many of the concepts wrapped around the titles listed above, but DF has always felt too big for my puny brain. I'm hoping that an Official Steam Release (tm.) will inspire me to go the extra mile and jump in with both feet, finally tackling head-on what most consider the most complex game ever made.

Not sure if they have it planned or not but Workshop support could go a long way. Basic training-wheel stuff like actual graphics through tile sets, etc. (I understand the base game will ship with some as well). Just whatever is available to get someone from the shallows over to the deep end as painlessly as possible.

I'll be buying it either way just to support the devs. DF is an incredible story, both in and out of the game.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Anyone getting Dwarf Fortress on Steam when it's out? Im very interested in it despite the huge learning curve.

Yeah I'm definitely going to get dwarf fortress, I was interested in Rimworld/similar but when I saw that they were going to do a GUI version of DF from the actual creators and my money would go to them (Even if it's for a sad reason why)

Although my attempts at previously trying to play Dwarf have made me feel immensely dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.