Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Duelyst was a great game. Still is I guess for a few more weeks. I definitely played a ton of it when I was on a break from Hearthstone. I think what killed it for me was getting into Slay the Spire.

Gwent ended up going kinda the same way for me. Played it a bit then fell off hard.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Just a thought, I can’t open a site without having a fucking ‘agreement’ wall of text these days.
Are there browser addons that can nuke that shit ?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Just a thought, I can’t open a site without having a fucking ‘agreement’ wall of text these days.
Are there browser addons that can nuke that shit ?
uBlock Origin and uMatrix allow you yo select which sites/servers to block which helps. You can also use "Block Element" to block Agreement overlays and stuff.

I don't know if there's an Add-On to do it automatically though.

Reactions: MJunioR and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey guys, I've recently finished playing Dead Space for the first time and I absolutely loved this game! Here's my love letter to this game with 4K/60 FPS gameplay footage, this aged like a fine wine
Stop there !

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The character editor in Black Desert really is bonkers.
I spent like half an hour and I didn't even touch face and body much :02dead:
Game is pretty fun. Combat is really cool and graphics are pretty. And funnily enough a friend also bought the game during the seal, which I saw in the game activity log after buying it myself and we played a bit together.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Just finished Resident Evil 2 (Remake).

Going into this, I didn't expect to like it as much as the original REmake, since the change to a third person seemed to evoke a
more action-oriented approach, with a far lesser focus on survival horror. Instead, it seems that Capcom has found a great balance
in modernising the old RE formula, while still staying true to the original game in many ways.

I played the Leon path and then Claire for the second run. I like how much Leon's run resembles the original game, with the Police Station
clearly evoking the Spencer Mansion. The zombies in this one are great. While you have much greater manoeuvrability, the zombies also pack
much more of a punch, thus punishing you from trying to kill all of them, and instead forcing you to run, either because you are actively
saving ammo, or because you run out of it and are forced to run.
I was surprised how much I ended up liking Mr. X in this one. First hearing about it I thought it would be super annoying, but instead
I feel his presence in the later 2/3rds of the game actually spice things up, since at that point you basically have little to fear from
zombies any more, either you killed most of them or found ways around them.

I was a bit impressed how Claire ended up getting all the heavy weapons, from Grenade Launchers, to Submachine Guns to a fucking Minigun
at the end of the game. I guess they wanted to show that she's a Redfield after all. Great design on her too, matches how she looked in REV2.

The story was also nice to know, fills some holes I had about the events in Racoon, especially combined with RE0.
I kinda hope that Capcom also considers remaking Code Veronica like this too.

Also, thanks to DragonBall for her QueenShade repo on Github. Helped make the game look much nicer, though I later found out that you just needed to tweak the brightness settings quite differently from the ingame instruction to make the game look less greyish

Last edited:

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Managed to play on XGP a bunch of stuff I had in my Steam wishlist.
Mostly disappointments.

The Outer Worlds?
Basically a summary of any other Obsidian game, for better or for worse. Nah, just for worse. It's uninspired, rarely original, slow as fuck, combat system an afterthought, and everything else plays like a Bethesda game (= bad).

Ape Out?
If I wanted to watch Whiplash I'd have watched Whiplash.
At least is short enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome. And folks keener to beating the best score will find it replayable enough I guess.

Gris?
Soooooo pretty!
Also so boring! And please devs, just stop using character chanting meaningless stuff as a story-driving gameplay element, like oooh look at me I'm so sensitive, refined, dreamy, etc. Nope it just gets annoying after the third time.
Also please remember to add some actual gameplay next time k thx

My Friend Pedro?
GOTG 10/10

Deleted member 113

I bought it when the English beta branch was released and it was a little rough so I didn't play it much. Hopefully, it'll be better by February.
I wasn't aware there was a beta branch. :giggle:

The game caught my eye when it launched, since it looked really cool, but because it was Chinese-only I forgot about it, until I saw in another website the announcement that the English translation is out on February 14th.

Outside of the translation issues, how is the game?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just completed the 6th palace in P5, 2 left and Im finished with the game, then back to PC gaming again.

I do still have Odins Sphere Leiftrasir, KH 1.5 + 2.5 HD and Crash Nitro-Fueled left in my PS4 backlog, but Im currently not interested in Odins Spher efor some reason and Im still hoping for a PC version of KH and Crash Nitro-Fueled.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

It was pretty fun, but I only went through the first mission so I don't know much about it yet.
Thanks. ;)

Since buying it made me reach the needed amount to get a discount voucher, I ended up buying it on the current sale (and used the voucher to score some "free" DLCs), so I'll be hoping for the best. :)

I like the visuals and soundtrack from the videos I've seen, and a 1790's France spin on the Advance Wars formula is a really cool idea.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

Tactical Shooter
"Zero Six - Behind Enemy Lines" is a Third-Person Tactical Shooter. It combines the tactical elements from a Third Person perspective with the action-packed shooting mechanics of an FPS game.
Immersive Campaign
The player will experience a dark and gritty story that revolves around a Spec-Ops unit, which is based on the NAVY Seal Team Six.
Competetive Multiplayer
Besides the Singleplayer Campaign, the game will feature a competitive multiplayer. Various tactical and team-oriented game modes will be included.
A Dynamic World