Oct 30, 2018
France
:stupefy:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
People would mostly recommend JBL, but it's still quite pricey for me and there are far too many fake ones in our market.

So I decided to get the Fingertime P2, it works for the price ($15).

Heard good things about JBL, and my sister has a JBL headset which she had good experience with.

These are my options atm-

Riwbox XBT-80
Amazon product
Anker Soundcore Life Q10
Amazon product
LETSCOM Bluetooth Headphones
Amazon product
Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones
Amazon product
Zihnic Headphones
Amazon product
iJoy Matte Headphones
Amazon product
Would appreciate some suggestions on which ones to get
Yeah I'm going for a budget one. I'd say the most important thing is for the 'muffs' to be big enough to go around my ears.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Simple solution: if the games are in my top 5 list, like Hades, Control, etc., they win out over the others. BAM! Solved it.

:wd_herewego:
This is probably an unpopular opinion but I don't think Control should be a contender for GOTY 2020 at all. It's not a matter of the quality of the game, it seems to be great, but it's a 2019 game that was re-released (or freed if we're being honest) on Steam in 2020.
If we follow this logic, every "Director's Cut" or "GOTY Edition" should be considered contenders.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Heard good things about JBL, and my sister has a JBL headset which she had good experience with.

These are my options atm-

Would appreciate some suggestions on which ones to get
Yeah I'm going for a budget one. I'd say the most important thing is for the 'muffs' to be big enough to go around my ears.
Honestly, I have no idea as I never own one. I've use my friend's once but I don't remember how it was and what's the model. JBL is indeed very popular, so you probably can't go wrong with them.

Reactions: Tizoc

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Do you still need to wear shades to play Hitman to avoid retina burns from the supernova bald head illumination. That's all I remember about H. Absolution.

• Toucan
Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Just skimmed the start of the article but is this really a 'here's a country less impacted by covid, let's go there to avoid confinement' thing ?
And again, 'here is a country less impacted by covid, let's host a fucking physical esport tournament there' ?
If it is indeed his points, I'm not impressed by the man.

But I could have read too fast.

• Toucan
Reactions: Alextended

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Just skimmed the start of the article but is this really a 'here's a country less impacted by covid, let's go there to avoid confinement' thing ?
And again, 'here is a country less impacted by covid, let's host a fucking physical esport tournament there' ?

I think he was already on vacation there and just decided to stay there.

But yeah please stop making public events.

Reactions: Tomasety

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

I still wonder what day exactly Gabe's vacation started. I had the impression that he looked at the news one morning and went "holy shit hey kids, vacation time RIGHT NOW" and ordered his robots to pack his bags and prepare his rocket for immediate evac.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm currently playing Distance. Great game (it's basically Wipeout with jumps and parcours) but jumping from one track piece to another rotated one is very difficult for me. When I succeed, it rather feels like luck than skill.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I still wonder what day exactly Gabe's vacation started. I had the impression that he looked at the news one morning and went "holy shit hey kids, vacation time RIGHT NOW" and ordered his robots to pack his bags and prepare his rocket for immediate evac.
Frankly, I don't blame Gaben for wanting to bail out from America. NZ is a beautiful country, low population, low pollution. It has national healthcare and gigabit internet to boot.

Having said that, bringing more people into NZ probably not the best idea right now, especially when most of the world is still healing (or dying in America).

Last edited:

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Frankly, I don't blame Gaben for wanting to bail out from America. NZ is a beautiful country, low population, low pollution. It has national healthcare and gigabit internet to boot.

Having said that, bringing more people into NZ probably not the best idea right now, especially when most of the world is still healing (or dying in America).
Yeah I don't blame him either. I just also don't buy his "oh I was already here on vacation" thing. Of course, if he said hell yeah I bailed out! he'd be called a coward by somebody mad about life on the internet. Also you forgot that New Zealand has dinosaurs.

• Toucan
Reactions: Kvik

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really hope Capcom opens up Steam pre-roders for REVillage when the stream has ended tommorrow. RE has become one of my favorite video game series so I want to put REVillage in my library asap.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

My reading is far less charitable. He tells it himself :
"You don't want to uproot a bunch of families, have them come here, and then the situation gets a bunch better and then they have to turn around and go back — so that's why getting a better handle on how long the epidemic is going to be affecting our operational decisions is important to that.

It’s not a ‘I discovered and now love NZ’, it’s a let’s bail out while shit is hitting the fan, then we ‘turn around and go back’.

I have no further comment because the whole line of thought is more than a little sickening to me.

• Toucan
Reactions: Alextended

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Are the Utawaluigi games good Tactics games?
I remember reading that the VN portion is very good and the gameplay is meh
I can't speak for Prelude to the Fallen, but for the other two games (Mask of Deception & Mask of Truth), they have two difficulties, normal and hard. The battles are fairly easy on normal, and slightly challenging on hard, although if you're a seasoned SRPG player, it won't be too much of a challange.

For Mask of Truth, the difficulty is increased slightly, although once you have powerful items dropped from previous battles, later battles' become much easier. The real challenges of the series lies in its post-game stages (dubbed "Dream Arena"), where you will be able to fight bosses from the main games, with higher stats and HP pool. For Mask of Truth, there is also a number of challenge mode stages, where you need to clear certain objectives in limited number of turns, utilising your team members unique ability.

If you'd like to know more, I've written a brief outlook of the battle mechanics in my OT for Mask of Deception/Truth

Prelude to the Fallen OT should be up tonight.

Unless I got carried away watching Flare playing Micra again.

• Toucan
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Sul Matul has a Free-To-Play VN coming out on Feb 2nd.

Sul Matul Youtube Channel

Sul Matul has a good knowledge of the Pathologic games and has some good critiques and playthroughs of the series. Well worth checking the videos out.

Last edited:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Neat Altdeus is coming to SteamVR on 2/19. I thought this one might have been an indefinite Oculus Quest exclusive.

This is the same folks who put out Tokyo Chronos (which I still need to play as well). Character designs were by LAM who also did the most recent Hololive ID Gen 2 design for Kureiji Ollie.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Steam market is awesome. Thx who ever made Rust blow up (and whoever told me free lootboxes from December are worth opening).

Might be worth opening if you claimed (for watching stream for 2h) too before more realize and crash prices.
It's because Rust has only done 3 twitch drops ever, the last one (This past week) had some of the biggest people on twitch streaming for a week+ on a RP server and a PVP server with their own custom drops
Rust made like 2 million dollars in a day from it and they broke their Concurrent user record (Yet again)
All of my skins on it jumped like crazy because the people who were streaming were like "This skin looks cool! Oh my god!"

I can look like a bumble bee or a spaceman

I've been playing Rust forever at this point

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.