Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Pretty good Game Pass lineup this time around. I'm happy I held off on Desperados 3 during the Steam holiday sale.
Donut County, cool. still no sign of EA Play or even Phogs PC though

since this isn't Control Ultimate Edition, is the DLC worth playing?

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Yeah wonder what's up with Phogs. EA Play probably has difficulty being integrated as the windows store backend is shit.
the Phogs devs said the delay was due to issues with online multiplayer on PC IIRC, figured that'd have been sorted out by now though

I suspect that the EA Play delay has more to do with the EA Desktop app being a broken piece of shit, but who knows

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
will definitely play The Medium at some point on Game Pass but will wait for some patches; Bloober Team is good at designing spooky reality-altering haunted-house stuff but not so great at actual gameplay mechanics

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really liked Layers of Fear and Observer. Blair Witch was sorta good, but not as good as goos as the first 2 games. Have hopes for The Medium, already pre-ordered.

Reactions: Ge0force

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
While trying to peel myself away from Rocket League this weekend, I played the now-removed Super Rad Raygun, a GB-esque Mega Man-lite; I actually enjoy it. I guess I'm very easy to please. Furthermore, payday is tomorrow. While not playing on my PC last year, I missed Super Mega Baseball 3; I need to change that. Also, you fellows and filets have me wanting to try EVERSPACE and Enderal: Forgotten Stories. Heck, I might own the space shooter, I'm not sure. Honestly, I don't need to spend with my backlog, but I will buy SMB3. In conclusion, debt sucks. Not having time, well, that sucks a lot!

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I really liked Layers of Fear and Observer. Blair Witch was sorta good, but not as good as goos as the first 2 games. Have hopes for The Medium, already pre-ordered.
I haven't played LoF2 yet (I know it didn't get a great reception at launch and that some of the issues with enemy encounters and such were addressed in subsequent patches), but the parts of Observer and Blair Witch I found most enjoyable were the parts that stuck the closest to LoF1's reality-altering haunted-house walking simulator formula, instead of those that attempted to introduce other gameplay mechanics. I guess the video puzzles in Blair Witch were alright, but in Observer in particular, the stealth sequences were absolutely godawful and the investigative segments had far too much pixel hunting for whatever minute piece of evidence you need to ID to trigger story progression.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I haven't played LoF2 yet (I know it didn't get a great reception at launch and that some of the issues with enemy encounters and such were addressed in subsequent patches), but the parts of Observer and Blair Witch I found most enjoyable were the parts that stuck the closest to LoF1's reality-altering haunted-house walking simulator formula, instead of those that attempted to introduce other gameplay mechanics. I guess the video puzzles in Blair Witch were alright, but in Observer in particular, the stealth sequences were absolutely godawful and the investigative segments had far too much pixel hunting for whatever minute piece of evidence you need to ID to trigger story progression.
Afaik, LoF 2 isn't made by Bloober.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I will post the links in the open and see if anything happens.

Neat little tool, thanks for sharing! A little suggestion: It would be nice if clicking on the image takes you to its Steam page.
There are two endpoints now:
- one with links which generate new queries,

https://damp-brushlands-51855.herokuapp.com/render/YOUR_APP_ID/

- one with links to the Steam store:

https://damp-brushlands-51855.herokuapp.com/store/YOUR_APP_ID/

Same as before: the query image is in the top left corner, and the rest of the images are similar according to an image model by OpenAI.

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So huh a Hitman 3 code came in from PR for EGS, didn't expect it. Might as well try it, but I don't expect myself play much of the EGS version. I competed against a friends of mine when it came to achievements and scores, but cheevos are not publicly visible like Steam cheevos and that friends is also not buying it on EGS.

EGS fucking up competition between friends too.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

woah, blast from the past, that was a thing a year or two ago. Completely fell of the face of earth, or am I overlooking some big niche audience? All the content creators I follow (normal ones, not dota or auto-chess specific) didn't play it after the devs made the standalone.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Wasn't expecting Control to hit GP so soon. Gonna try it to beat it b4 Nioh2 release. GP really is great.

Also Medium looks interesting but doesn't look action horror at all. Looks more Silenthillish....2spooky4me

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

As always for our anniversary, we’re adding more rewards to Games2Gether as well, available to be claimed [UWSL]on your rewards page on G2G:[/UWSL]

• Virtua Fighter 2 (Mega Drive/Genesis version), courtesy of our friends at Sega. Available to be claimed only during Amplified, until January from January 20th at 11:00 CET to January 25th at 17:00 CET
  • TGA Teaser Art Wallpapers, the Endless Humankind crossover nobody expected, available starting Wednesday, January 20th, 17:00 CET
  • Endless Space 2 Artbook, long in the making, it will be available for download starting Thursday, January 21st, 17:00 CET
  • Humankind Wallpaper Pack, including 6 pieces of art from the first OpenDev in convenient wallpaper and banner formats, available Friday, January 22nd, 17:00 CET
  • An Amplified player icon for Humankind for anybody who logs into G2G during Amplified. (No need to claim this by hand.)

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
here, have a good laugh:

The cinematic argument is obviously stupid in the first place, but doubly so when you're playing with mouse and keyboard, since mouse acts like absolute shit at 30 FPS (even 40 is a vast improvement in that regard) and it feels like you're fighting controls the whole time you're playing.

Listing 30 FPS as the target for PC specs can only mean two things:
1. Complete ignorance of PC crowd and its standards.
2. Attempt to hide very bad performance/framerate scaling.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
The cinematic argument is obviously stupid in the first place, but doubly so when you're playing with mouse and keyboard, since mouse acts like absolute shit at 30 FPS (even 40 is a vast improvement in that regard) and it feels like you're fighting controls the whole time you're playing.

Listing 30 FPS as the target for PC specs can only mean two things:
1. Complete ignorance of PC crowd and its standards.
2. Attempt to hide very bad performance/framerate scaling.
You forgot 3. Total, complete incompetence.
This is Bloober Team we're talking about.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Remember, FPS comes from coal. If we, as a society, cut our frames per second in half we will save over 11 billion tons of atmospheric carbon annually by not using so much electricity. We need to conserve our non-renewable frames per second for future generations. Everybody needs to do their part. Thank you and god bless.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
This looks interesting

• Factorio type gameplay.
  • you are a robot (with his own tech tree) who can traverse the universe and gather resources for your Dyson-Sphere-in-construction at home.
  • you need the ressources/energy so that the humans can live in their Virtual reality Supercomputer
  • goal is to set up an automatic construction complex on every planet that sends resources home

takes out the nitpicking glasses
  • why are they building an unrealistic/unstable sphere instead of a swarm
  • why are they traversing the Universe when there is enough resources to make several spheres/swarms in the solar system just from the material laying around (asteroids)

Status
Not open for further replies.