Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

Yeah, that framerate is not a smooth 30fps.

Not the best showcase because it's only 1080p@60. Looks like no uncapped framerate options, cutscenes are still locked at 30 from what I can tell. Hopefully it's a simple ini fix for both or something the smart pc community can fix, because I don't believe Tecmo will.

Another RTX showcase.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
At least the third time after a Windows update that my computer would not display properly the next boot after the update. This time it booted to the bios and gave a boot failure message.

I originally thought it was purely coincidental, but now I am wondering if it is the Windows update.... :thinking-blob:

I have been so tempted to finally jump to Linux, maybe once I get my office set up more permanently, I will try it. The biggest issue is needing some of the MS Office products and the occasional random program that is just not compatible.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Tempted to go back to full hint markers in Hitman.
On the one hand it seems to facilitate things too much, on the other the only thing I gain with minimal hints is aimlessly looking for specific people for hours.

Fuck you, golf coach that look at first glance like a gardener.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I swear following Cdkeys prices feels like stock exchange for nerds sometimes. Desperados III was already cheapo some weeks ago, at 16 euros. It was lower yesterday I think but can't remember. Then Game Pass announcement, 11.89 euros.
Works for me as there is a DLC and it probably won't be included on GP.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Is thetr a thread to ask about headphoned?
I want ro get a budget wireless headphone
Try the hardware thread, pretty helpful people in there.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Has anyone here played Dusk Diver?

I've been thinking of grabbing it in the Humble Seal, but I wanted to check the technical aspects first and supposedly it's resolution locked to 1080p (and 60fps, but well that's good enough for me)
If true, I'll probably sit out this sale, so I wanted to ask if anyone can confirm/deny that?
(If not I suppose I'll have to buy it on Steam for refund-safety and check for myself)

Why do devs resolution lock :negative-blob:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Is thetr a thread to ask about headphoned?
I want ro get a budget wireless headphone
People would mostly recommend JBL, but it's still quite pricey for me and there are far too many fake ones in our market.

So I decided to get the Fingertime P2, it works for the price ($15).

Reactions: Tizoc

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Has anyone here played Dusk Diver?

I've been thinking of grabbing it in the Humble Seal, but I wanted to check the technical aspects first and supposedly it's resolution locked to 1080p (and 60fps, but well that's good enough for me)
If true, I'll probably sit out this sale, so I wanted to ask if anyone can confirm/deny that?
(If not I suppose I'll have to buy it on Steam for refund-safety and check for myself)

Why do devs resolution lock :negative-blob:
Don't have the game but on PCGW, the game engine listed is Unreal Engine 4. Shouldn't be too hard to change the resolution or the fps limit via it's ini files.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Say good bye to regional pricing inside EU I guess.
They could still have regional sales inside Steam. "Geoblocking" doesn't refer to the ability to gift games, only to activate codes. Of course realistically it will likely lead to the same price for all EU customers.
The way the EU regulates digital store fronts, they want all customers to have access to the same things digitally. This doesn't make regional pricing impossible, but easy to circumvent via key resellers.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Don't have the game but on PCGW, the game engine listed is Unreal Engine 4. Shouldn't be too hard to change the resolution or the fps limit via it's ini files.
Good catch, I didn't notice that. Yeah, then it shouldn't be a problem.
Still think I'll buy it on Steam first, just in case, but that makes me hopeful.

Reactions: lashman

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I have been so tempted to finally jump to Linux, maybe once I get my office set up more permanently, I will try it. The biggest issue is needing some of the MS Office products and the occasional random program that is just not compatible.
Give it a try! Proton works amazingly well. I don't even dual boot anymore.

Reactions: LEANIJA

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
IOIs Hitman releases are so convoluted, they need to release a frigging guide..

Seriously, if you need a guide for how to get the parts of your insanely fragmented game, you should probably overthink your business decisions...

edit: typo

Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
IOIs Hitman releases are so convulted, they need to release a frigging guide..

Seriously, if you need a guide for how to get the parts of your insanely fragmented game, you should probably overthink your business decisions...
I wonder if they fixed the Hitman 1 and 2 in Hitman 3 on PC

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
How significant a part of the sales pie could unaffiliated resellers be anyway? Raising overall prices to cut out what I imagine is a handful of people looking for a deal seems excessive.

• Eyes

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
You mean Steam import?
They said they would fix it after launch without specific timeline, so presumably not.
From the guide:

HITMAN 3 Access Pass on PC

Update (17 January)

We are continuing to work on a solution with our partners to allow PC players who own HITMAN 1 or HITMAN 2 to import locations from those games into HITMAN 3 at no additional cost. We can guarantee that players will NOT need to repurchase the games.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I may have to find a tie breaker. :ninja:

It turns out that with many people who have recently submitted far fewer than 5 games, there are new ties.
For the sake of honesty I didnt take part in the votes poll as I believe I haven't played a single 2020 game so the results wouldn't be fair. I don't feel right voting for a game I don't have a personal experience game play session and based on what I might misconceive by magazines and news.

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao and sk2k

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I slept 1-3 hours tonight due to the godawful wind. I am sensitive to wind. I feel awful.

( My sleep patterns are really shot to hell these last few weeks and i've had ~4 hours sleep a night so i know your pain and the wind is picking up over here as there's a storm brewing and the wind howls like a banshee and rattles all the vents as it blows down our driveway (alongside my room) onto the patio)

• Hug
Reactions: dummmyy and Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Hitman 3 EGS stuff is confusing as hell to me that Im not even gonna bother with the previous games in Hitman 3, I can't even acess the account site eiter. Im just gonna take a somewhat quick look at the levels in H3 (30m-1h) and then uninstall it and wait until the Steam version is out.

Like I said, I slept very little tonight and reading the IOI info feels like this for me right now

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
The Hitman 3 EGS stuff is confusing as hell to me that Im not even gonna bother with the previous games in Hitman 3, I can't even acess the account site eiter. Im just gonna take a somewhat quick look at the levels in H3 (30m-1h) and then uninstall it and wait until the Steam version is out.

Like I said, I slept very little tonight and reading the IOI info feels like this for me right now

Its really been confusing since Hitman 2016 already. Just got worse and worse since. IOI is really a prime example of a stark contrast between super talented devs and a completely bonkers business division.

At least since I am one of a handful "proud" Stadia users of Hitman 3, I dont even get an option to get progress carried over. So, me and my trusty lockpick will have to make do for the new maps.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Why not just let the games tie?
That is my current position as well.

It is just that:
  • a few people admitted to be "patient gamers" in private messages, which means they have not played many games released last year,
  • there is a little surge of people with incomplete votes as the deadline approaches.
Imagine the worst case scenario: everyone voting with only once choice and for a different game. Then every game would tie.

If the trend of incomplete votes goes on, I may have to run a tie breaker to make parts of the ranking clearer: it would not break every tie, only some of them for which data coming from a few voters supports breaking the tie. I need to check a few things first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildebeet

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
The cinematic argument is obviously stupid in the first place, but doubly so when you're playing with mouse and keyboard, since mouse acts like absolute shit at 30 FPS (even 40 is a vast improvement in that regard) and it feels like you're fighting controls the whole time you're playing.

Listing 30 FPS as the target for PC specs can only mean two things:
1. Complete ignorance of PC crowd and its standards.
2. Attempt to hide very bad performance/framerate scaling.
yup definitely feel secure about my decision not to play this game at launch and wait until sometime later this year when there have been a couple patches

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.