Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Pinging MonthOLDpickle and EdwardTivrusky

The vote will end in 10 hours! [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]The vote will end in 10 hours! [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]The vote will end in 10 hours!
hoping for a smooth transition of goty and Disco Elysium doesn't try to stuff the ballot box at the last minute to continue it's reign as MetaCouncil GOTY

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Is Dyson Sphere purely a building and management game, are there enemies, wild life or stuff like that?
No enemies from what I have played and seen. However, it is a feature they are working on (according to their EA text).

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Generally speaking, the full release version of Dyson Sphere Program will expand on the exploration mechanics, as well as polish and fine-tune the experience of designing and operating an automated factory, fleshing out the experience the current build can provide. To be more specific, these are some of the features we are planning to implement:
  • More types of planets and celestial bodies for players to discover
  • More exploration events, like being sucked by a black hole
  • Mecha editing: players will be able to design their own mechas
  • Monsters: alien enemies that can attack your factories and spaceships to bring more tension and excitement to the whole experience
  • More construction types, like suspended platforms to extend constructions from planets to space
  • Quality-of-life improvements and balancing
  • More music tracks and sound scenes, cutscenes…”

Reactions: prudis

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
hoping for a smooth transition of goty and Dico Elysium doesn't try to stuff the ballot box at the last minute to continue it's reign as MetaCouncil GOTY
We will see. There could drama and fights!

Last I checked, there are ties for positions 1-2 and 3-4, and the tie breaker worked for these.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
We will see. There could drama and fights!

Last I checked, there are ties for positions 1-2 and 3-4, and the tie breaker worked for these.
Boxes labelled 'goty ballots' found in the ditch on the side of the road. I haven't seen it myself, but people have been saying. Gotta count every vote.

:D

Reactions: oipic

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Love Alan Wake, one of my faves of all time, sad it's gonna be Epic exclusive, but if Epic funding is the only way for AW 2 to be made. so be it. I finished the game 3 times on X360 and 2 times on PC. I love the game so much.

I'ts soon gonna be 11 years since the game released and I don't a sequel being made without Epic at this point.

And who knows, maybe Remedy isn't even making AW 2, maybe it's another game. That thought horrifies me.

To this day I still remember the words uttered by Wake at the end "It's not a lake, it's an ocean". I need more.

Reactions: lashman and Shahem
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It is just a placeholder for now!
People can still vote. Crossing finger that MonthOLDpickle and EdwardTivrusky show up before the last minute!

I will be asleep when we reach the deadline, so I will be posting results on Sunday. Maybe I will tease some first.

Last edited:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
My GPU just fried. Don't know when I'll be able to afford a new one... Will need to find something used for cheap that will allow me to at least finish Prey and play the Yakuza remasters.
Sorry to hear that. How old was it ?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
It was a 280X I bought used in 2015, can't really complain about how long it lasted tbh.
If you could find one that could match these specs, or if any of these gpus in the link are affordable for you

You ought to be able to play those games without issues. Generally 6 or 8 GB would be a good preferable and should sustain you for a few years more.

Reactions: Swenhir

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
If you could find one that could match these specs, or if any of these gpus in the link are affordable for you

You ought to be able to play those games without issues. Generally 6 or 8 GB would be a good preferable and should sustain you for a few years more.
The first on that list is the one my brother has and he's thinking of selling it, seems like my only hope tbh, I'm broke.

Reactions: Tizoc

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I'm struggling with the camera in Dyson Sphere. I keep wanting to play it like it's Planetary Annihilation and the com is like the king on a chessboard. But it's more like Factorio where you're attached to your little avatar guy and he needs to be around to do the building. I'm going to need a minute to realize it's not PA or supcom and it's also not quite 2d factorio.

It's fun though. Quite calm so far.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Holy shit I didn't even hear about Dyson Sphere Program if it wasn't for eonden and now I'm seeing it has 18,548 user playing and extremely positive reviews...seems a cool factorio-like! How's performance? That's the only thing that worries me in this 3d-factorio games

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, yesterday I finished a computer for my cousin with spare parts (i5 3330/16GB 1600mhz/R9 280x OCd) and so the result was really great, I installed him all the important launchers (Steam, EGS, Minecraft, etc...) and he seemed happy, so, let's hope he likes it. :cat-heart-blob:

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Holy shit I didn't even hear about Dyson Sphere Program if it wasn't for eonden and now I'm seeing it has 18,548 user playing and extremely positive reviews...seems a cool factorio-like! How's performance? That's the only thing that worries me in this 3d-factorio games
It works butter smooth in my 2070S. The minimum requirements seem pretty low, but not that many settings which is worrying forn now.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Well, yesterday I finished a computer for my cousin with spare parts (i5 3330/16GB 1600mhz/R9 280x OCd) and so the result was really great, I installed him all the important launchers (Steam, EGS, Minecraft, etc...) and he seemed happy, so, let's hope he likes it. :cat-heart-blob:
Hope he likes it. I have some last little bits coming tomorrow to finish a first PC made from my old stuff for our nieces little lad.

• Hug
Reactions: Mor

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Finished Bladed Fury. It is not just kinda the Muramasa: The Demon Blade we've got at home it is the Muramasa: The Demon Blade we've got at home

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
With how it never seems like the RTX 3080 will get more stock I might as well just wait on building a new PC until the 4000 series is out.
I imagine the high end 4000 series cards will be in even larger demand and harder to find.

PC gaming becoming way too popular and continues to grow so much.

Best bet moving forward is to just check on cards on a daily/weekly basis and hope to snipe whatever card you want during non busy shopping months of the year. Get as many email notification alerts as possible too for wtvr stores that have them.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I legitimately forgot this existed
I replaced three 500 Gb ssd drives with 2000 Gb ssd drives today to make room for my Steam collection. I may have gone overboard with installing games (all the icons except the recyling bin are new as of today):
My eyes

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
WTF.

I have no shortcuts for games, just launch them through STEAM

I like my desktop clean :steam_pigblanket:
I launch games through Steam as well. My desktop usually only contains the recycling bin. For some reason I have not bothered to change the setting in Steam to deactivate desktop icons, which is usually not a problem because I don't mass install games regularly

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
That amount of icons on my desktop would drive me mental, despite my desktop just being a dumping ground for things that I want quick access to - documents, pdfs, programs and folders etc. When it gets messy it all just gets put in a folder and moved off the drive.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I imagine the high end 4000 series cards will be in even larger demand and harder to find.

Best bet moving forward is to just check on cards on a daily/weekly basis and hope to snipe whatever card you want during non busy shopping months of the year. Get as many email notification alerts as possible too for wtvr stores that have them.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I replaced three 500 Gb ssd drives with 2000 Gb ssd drives today to make room for my Steam collection. I may have gone overboard with installing games (all the icons except the recyling bin are new as of today):
This reminds of the client computers I troubleshoot at work. My mind stops for a second out of sheer fear at the site of a desktop with no usable space.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and d00d3n

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I always keep my desktop sparkling clean too. Not much point having an animated Wallpaper Engine wallpaper with all those icons getting in the way. :dana_blanket:

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Nah, 2020 was just too high of a year for all the electronic (and electronic entertainment) sector, which will b e hard to replicate in a long time. 4000 series will not be in higher demand than the 3000 generation.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.