Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
So wait, these are like early Sakura Wars games then?
Kind of. The SRPG mechanics are slightly different. In addition to the strategy layer, there's a bit of action involved during battles where performing combos will allow you to perform critical hits (Think of something like timing the button presses in Shadow Hearts series). Furthermore, there are no simulation/LIPS-system-like during the VN segments in Uta.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Regarding the app which looks for games with similar banners, I have added a small search engine with 5k possible query apps.
It is less exhaustive than what I had before (30k query apps), but it is more convenient (there is no need to look for appIDs in another browser tab).

[UWSL][UWSL]The vote will end in 24 hours![/UWSL][/UWSL]

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I am really interested to play Journey to the Savage Planet, but don't want to give 505 my money with what they have done with Control's console launch as well as taking epic money at the first place.

Going to wait for key stores to start stocking up steam keys.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
So Tencent buying Klei means nothing for fans.

Yeah, Im personally very skeptical to anything with Tencent, their connection to the Chinese commie party and how the they to get they tentacles around every western dev.

But I have yet to see any signs of them controlling any western dev they have bought or invested in. So far they seem very hands-off.
Tencent doesn't need to change anything artistically or how the company is run. They want the western audience, they want the western personal data, and anything else that is more malicious but has nothing to do with how the company is perceived from an outside perspective.
From all the western companies tencent owns, no-one has yet made a communist-propaganda game. And the game companies under Tencent don't behave differently with their political or humanitarian response to things happening in China. Either being silent or making a non-statement, like 99% of the western companies NOT owned by china.

Reactions: Tomasety

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth seems to be delisted on PSN. They should be fine on Steam right? Different publishers and all?

Haven't gotten the chance to grab them yet.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth seems to be delisted on PSN. They should be fine on Steam right? Different publishers and all?

Haven't gotten the chance to grab them yet.
Yeah they’re fine. Seems like Atlus’ license ran out. But they weren’t involved with the PC version.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Hey Underwater Ray Romano fans, why is the new one $20 more expensive? And what's with all this DLC for it?

My budget was already strained this month back when I was assuming it would be $40 base like the last two. :weary-face:

• Sad
Reactions: ExistentialThought

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Okay, who killed steam?
So Tony Hawk will be a full EGSxclusive now?

I got a review code for the EGS version, so it's not all doomed for me if that's the thing. I'd prefer to have it on Steam though.
I see Kotick hasn't learned from the first time he trimmed down all his releases to nothing but Call of Duty and Blizzard a decade ago. Hopefully this will lead to better Blizzard output, or VV team leaving and formin a new studio

Reactions: lashman and dex3108

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
You know, normally I'd take the rumor of trouble with REmake 4 and Capcom taking over/pushing for more changes as terrible news. But after REmake 2 half-assing the A/B scenario gimmick and REmake 3 being what it was, it's pretty clear that Capcom has no interest in delivering faithful remakes that fulfill and exceed the original game's vision. And since I honestly don't want REmake 4 in the first place and think it's a terrible idea to even do one, I find myself much less resistant to change.

So I'm in this weird position where I'm actually wanting them to go crazy. Like, yeah, fucking gimme your worst, Capcom. Let me see how badly you can truly fuck this one up. Blow my fucking mind.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
About this part : China have nothing to do with communism, so that's why.
it was an example of what people think about the bad guy Chinese company.

Fact of the matter is: Klei is more secure under Tencent then it would have been under Electronic Arts, Zenimax, or even Microsoft (MS still has to prove that they invest in the future with their acquired studios, they have a graveyard of closed and gutted studios as big as EA)

And customer exploitation and ruining franchises wise, there are worse, much worse examples than Tencent, but because they are western publishers people are not as "concerned" as with Tencent.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Played a little bit of Jedi Fallen Order. Teetering on solid 60 at 1440p but drops just often enough that I would need to drop some settings to get rid of those. :blobweary: Dropping shadows would seemingly get me there but then they draw in too close to the view. :blobweary:

I think I'm going to have to delay and play the game later, in about 5 years when new GPUs are in stock once more.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Played a little bit of Jedi Fallen Order. Teetering on solid 60 at 1440p but drops just often enough that I would need to drop some settings to get rid of those. :blobweary: Dropping shadows would seemingly get me there but then they draw in too close to the view. :blobweary:

I think I'm going to have to delay and play the game later, in about 5 years when new GPUs are in stock once more.
Think it"s time to get a VBR screen! Still think that is one of the best things to happen to gaming.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

I need a proper list of skin mods to choose from from in order to replace boringo mcboringson's model with.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I remember people talking about Ender Lilies yesterday, just got it recommended by a Steam curator I follow.

Didn't know the music is by Mili :sweaty-blob:
Trailer definitely looks and sounds absolutely amazing. Will keep an eye on it.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I'm sorry for the little off topic but I think this is worth to post since so many people have a current Xbox sub.

We messed up today and you were right to let us know. Connecting and playing with friends is a vital part of gaming and we failed to meet the expectations of players who count on it every day. As a result, we have decided not to change Xbox Live Gold pricing.

A good start for a discount. Not feeling the first person RE tbh. More of a re2 remake kind of guy.
Resident Evil Village - 9% off ?? - [UWSL][UWSL]~33.66€[/UWSL][/UWSL] -Steam - Using discount code "GG-DEALS" - extra 10% off.
If it's your first order on the site you can use a better discount code "C3GQF6IOFP" extra 15% off instead of 10% off - [UWSL][UWSL]~31.79€[/UWSL][/UWSL]

This looks like a price mistake, its too damn cheap for the pre order

Reason: Added Resident Evil Village pre order
Last edited:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I'm sorry for the little off topic but I think this is worth to post since so many people have a current Xbox sub.

Resident Evil Village - 9% off ?? - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]~33.66€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] -Steam - Using discount code "GG-DEALS" - extra 10% off.
If it's your first order on the site you can use a better discount code "C3GQF6IOFP" extra 15% off instead of 10% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]~31.79€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

I bought it, we'll see how this goes but it's a great price.

Reactions: Tomasety

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else

Resident Evil Village - 9% off ?? - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]~33.66€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] -Steam - Using discount code "GG-DEALS" - extra 10% off.
If it's your first order on the site you can use a better discount code "C3GQF6IOFP" extra 15% off instead of 10% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]~31.79€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

Pre-ordered. It's 35 Euro in Germany after PayPals fantasy currency conversion.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I remember people talking about Ender Lilies yesterday, just got it recommended by a Steam curator I follow.

Been rather interested by this one as well! It popped up in my youtube feed and I have to say, it's a nice change from the usual hero tropes, and looks rather pretty.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Hey Underwater Ray Romano fans, why is the new one $20 more expensive? And what's with all this DLC for it?

My budget was already strained this month back when I was assuming it would be $40 base like the last two. :weary-face:
My understanding is that they went and did another editing pass to fix all the reported typos and alter some localisation choices from NISA's PS4 release. Combined with the fact that Prelude is actually the latest game in the series even though it's a remaster of the first-ever game in the series, well, you'll have to decide for yourself whether the game is worth the asking price.

As for the DLCs, it's basically characters/units DLC which you can deploy during battle scenarios. Simply put, it's fan service materials, and totally optional, even if it's not strictly lore-friendly.

Reactions: Avern

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Game is a looker too:

So my main complain about Satisfactory is that it takes way too long to start being able to automate and that the grind walls are jsut way too high and do not really support what you want to be building towards, compared to Factorio, where the progression is much smoother. The first hours of Dyson Sphere is much faster to automate, and the "grind walls" are much smaller and actually support what you are building towards, which is mainly research cubes. I havent left the planet yet, so I cannot talk about interplanetary lines, but the "world" itself are also quite nicely size (you can see the map on the bottom left with the colors being where i built).

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

They even tweeted about it as well

By the way I need to find it but I saw this one post by a Japanese indie dev about how it can be a burden when your game doesn't sell.

They only sold like 10 copies for the first week and that kept them up at night.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019

The dlc are useless, you don't need more characters.
By the end of every game you have such a big cast you won't even have enough battle slots to deploy them all in a fight barring the final fights which usually have just enough slot for all the story characters, additional dlc characters from MoD/MoT just makes your roster needlessly larger.

Kvik already answered the price thing.

Reactions: Avern
Status
Not open for further replies.