Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
No. Why should it. People waited long enough, they'll buy it even if it released with just one month apart.
Assuming Elden Ring marketing blitz starts happening after summer...DeS and BB purchases later this year on Steam would be biggest hype purchases ever lol. They could release em on same day and they would both do north of a million easy.

Reactions: ISee

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
No chance Bloodborne launches in any other platform before PS5. Plus they just got Demon's Souls out of the door, and I think it didnt sell that well? We're looking at a holiday 2021 launch, being generous.
Assuming Elden Ring marketing blitz starts happening after summer...DeS and BB purchases later this year on Steam would be biggest hype purchases ever lol. They could release em on same day and they would both do north of a million easy.
Elden Ring are the friends we made along the way.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm not disagreeing with that. The PS5 is not going to stop selling because of PC ports of PS4 exclusives and Sony can certainly keep promoting their console while working on PC versions.

I'm expecting Bloodborne to release in April. Announced in March.
Sorry, wrote that the wrong way, I was agreeing with you, I meant that PC plans won't change just because Sony is about to release stuff on PC.

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Plus they just got Demon's Souls out of the door, and I think it didnt sell that well?
What gives you that idea?

It made it on best-selling lists that include all platforms.

That sounds like quite a decent performance for a game that can only be played on hardware lots of people can't even get their hands on.

(edit: actually, the lists below do not consider PC, I think. Still, the point stands)

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
RDR2? Gross....like you can't even mod the bloody game can you?
And they patched it to prevent it from running on virtual machines. Art is art but this was one hell of a dick move on the technical side.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
This is pretty insane:

Cyprus-based video game developer, Gaijin Entertainment reportedly is funding pro-Russian rebels, terrorist groups in Ukraine through embedded third-party sponsorships and ads in YouTube content.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Played RDR2 this year so I voted for it. I know about Rockstar's issues especially on PC, but they are still one of the few developers out there who put out games almost worth the full asking price. Had a wonderful time with it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
For his next game...Kojima will have the player walk from corridor to corridor while being spooked by a dead fetus and lady in white.

This game will also win most innovative gameplay award :sneaky:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
This is pretty insane:

Gives the golden bullet p2w controversy a whole another layer of depth :/.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Will I be able to clear at least 5 games this month? :thinking-face:
Possibly, yeah :drinking-blob:
Please don't mind me asking but I've always wondered how you managed to play and finish so many games at any given time. Do you use cheats or trainers? Do you only play the campaign or do you also finish side-quest/hunt collectibles? How do you do it?

• This!
Reactions: Tizoc and Stevey

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Please don't mind me asking but I've always wondered how you managed to play and finish so many games at any given time. Do you use cheats or trainers? Do you only play the campaign or do you also finish side-quest/hunt collectibles? How do you do it?
He plays a lot of short, 2-3 hour games.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What gives you that idea?

It made it on best-selling lists that include all platforms.

That sounds like quite a decent performance for a game that can only be played on hardware lots of people can't even get their hands on.

(edit: actually, the lists below do not consider PC, I think. Still, the point stands)

I mean I guess it could be a lot worse but those are not really good sales numbers. Sure that the PS5 was hard to get but if you look at the hardware sales. In Japan the PS5 sold 100k+ since that was all the stock that they had and it only sold like 18K+ that is rather decent but not really that good either. It is one of the special new games on the PS5 that you can only play on PS5.

I will give credit to the game though since it is the second best selling PS5 game.

And with Europe those 16 place does not seem that high.

There are at least 1+ million PS5 that have been sold (I think that there is more than that actually) but how many copies of Demon Souls have been sold?

But then again Souls games seem to be among the games with the lowest attach rates on consoles. Compared to other SIE games I don't think Bloodborne ever reached 10+ million copies sold. And SIE has something like a 10% attach rate on their games on average, while other companies like Nintendo have something much closer to 20% I think.

I didn't buy Demon Souls because later on it might come to PC but also because you know that in 2 years the game will cost $10USD instead of the current $70USD.

It really sucks about P4G, I only heard the DOOM 2016 OST and I liked some of those songs, so I don't know how the Eternal version stacks up.

RIP P4G.

I am actually surprised about CSGO. I voted for that one since that's the one that I played the most in 2020, and it was going up against Among US, I guess that by the time that voting had come around some people were already getting tired of the game and that CSGO is a game that has been played by millions and even had a concurrent player base of 1 million earlier this year, which is impressive for a 8 year old game.

I guess because of COVID that they could not interview the devs this time around, also If GTAV was allowed to take part in labor of love I'm guessing that one would have won.

It would have been cool had Horizon won the award but it also makes sense as to why seeing how many copies RDR2 has sold.

Also yay for Ori, they got something.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Having a great time replaying the Banner Saga trilogy, I really love these games.
Just finished the first one, I had forgotten so much stuff, gonna be great going right into the sequels this time with everything fresh. Obviously went with the other option in the major decision at the end of the game so that makes me extra curious to revisit the sequels.

Reactions: Tomasety and ISee

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
This is what I picked during the sale

Also I finished Yakuza: LAD (first game of 2021!) and I'll really miss all those characters, I liked Ichiban a lot and I cannot wait for the next game, whenever it'll be.
Since I got EA Play I tried The Fallen Order but I don't think I'm in the mood for this game atm, so I'll jump into something else.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So Rust is the global top seller after being out for years and 1,1m viewers on Twitch after some known streamers picked it up.

What streamers can do and the basically endless backwards compatiblity on PC can do with games is incredible.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I mostly play short games that could be beaten in a day or so
Lots of retro games arent very long so one could beat them quicklt on normal or easy

Status
Not open for further replies.