Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

Interesting video. While I understood they where pretty much just a scam, this explained a lot more about why the are a scam.
  1. You basically own a position in a database. That is it. Nothing more and nothing less.
  2. The image/audio file/video file/whatever that is associated with the NFT is not yours. You own the database position. And a fair few times it doesn't belong to the person who sold you the NFT either.
  3. Apparently only 0.1% of crypto bro's own an NFT.
  4. 80% of NFT's are currently owned by 10% of the people who own some form of NFT.
  5. It appears to be a good form of money laundering at the moment as well.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I‘m feeling like being social right now. It should pass, as I’m a failure, but a related question. What the ever flying fuck is this round thing around the webcam, how is it called and what does it do ?

Related to the light of the video recorded ?
Yeah, it's a light.

I currently use one of those big lights that photographer is use. Because I knew a photographer once and they had extra.

But if the mademoiselle comes with, I'll take two anyway.

• Hug
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wonder if MHR would have placed higher than GOW but didn't because of how it has two different SKUs but also has a higher player count as well.

Also I'm guessing it won't be long until we are reaching 30 million concurrent users? That's is pretty crazy. By the way how much CCU does Nintendo Online, Xbox Live, and PSN have?

Rad af cover

Now watch 2k make the PC port be the last gen version
619!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I found a video that does a decent job introducing Rise's differences to World players without spoiling too much content, areas, monsters, movesets and stuff (though I've not yet been to that area myself, it reminds me of Monster Hunter Tri's Flooded Forest, sadly minus the swimming of course, I loved Tri so much).

Edit: apparently it's Flooded Forest & there are other returned/remade to be seamless/vast areas:sweaty-blob:

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
prankster uncles just can't be stopped
If we take the 500,000 CCU growth and assume that the vast majority, as per the experts on the old site, are from the prankster uncle phenomenon (shall we say 499,999), then I have calculated that Steam’s CCU is currently growing by 2,976 prankster uncles per hour.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I thought I was going to buy a bunch of stuff during Hamble's winter sale since it's essentially the last time the 20% subscriber discount is going to be in effect, but I'm not really finding anything. The games I was considering are either not on sale at all or don't have deals as good as I was expecting, soo...

Also doesn't help that gg.deals apparently still hasn't realized that this sale is going on for whatever reason. isthereanydeal works fine, but I find the gg.deals interface much more convenient.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Also I'm guessing it won't be long until we are reaching 30 million concurrent users? That's is pretty crazy. By the way how much CCU does Nintendo Online, Xbox Live, and PSN have?
If nothing weird happens, CNY will likely be the moment in which Steam reaches 29 million ccu peak, 30 is highly possible by the end of the year.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Elden Ring and Lunar sale should push steam to 30 million next month. There is also Dying Light 2 so big releases left n right to start the year.

How many ccu EGS has
I would guess its Fortnite somewhere between 500k and 1 million + Rocket League at 100-200k concurrent.

Everything after that pretty low so overall #s not that impressive. Maybe around 5-10% of Steam peak at best.

EGS needs more killer apps. I wonder if they make Fall Guys F2p exclusively on EGS soon like they did RL.

• Eyes

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Elden Ring and Lunar sale should push steam to 30 million next month. There is also Dying Light 2 so big releases left n right to start the year.

I would guess its Fortnite somewhere between 500k and 1 million + Rocket League at 100-200k concurrent.

Everything after that pretty low so overall #s not that impressive. Maybe around 5-10% of Steam peak at best.

EGS needs more killer apps. I wonder if they make Fall Guys F2p exclusively on EGS soon like they did RL.
Fall Guys has one fifth of the playerbase that Rocket League had before going F2 (12k vs like 50-60k i nterms of peak day ccu)P. It is fair to say that the game tho incredibly succesful at launch is not the omega success it was poised to be at launch with those incredible numbers.

• Eyes

Morten88

Aug 8, 2021
If they release the year review stuff, it will be spin city, I don't recall anything that would move numbers for them last year.
Well they did have Hitman 3, Darkest Dungeon 2, Kingdoms Hearts games, FF7 Remake and chiv 2 as exclusive games and then more of the new games also released at same time as steam (even know they probably only got 1% of the sales for those), i would be very surprised if they dont atleast hit 450 millions for third party games.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I think EGS also had a couple of free games with a huge number of redeemed copies (who knows how many bots) so they can probably spin that to get decent MAU numbers.

Still, since they were basically flat in 2020, it’s going to require a lot of work to make the stats look good for 2021…. certainly more than what they are used to puting on the store :p

On another subject… finally started playing God of War. Just 1.5 hours in… and I can already see this is going to really impact my work productivity in the next few days….

Otenko

Huevo
Dec 30, 2021
Ecuador
Hello everyone. I'm new here, so I thought I'd stop by and say hi

First time posting here (and in a forum in general), wanted to let you guys know I'm playing Etrian Odyssey 2 (the remake one).

As a veteran of the game (played the original ones), I'm playing in hard mode. It's kinda beating my ass constantly, but I keep going. So if you guys have a good build/skill combos, the suggestions are appreciated.

Here is a random pic, so I don't get ignored XD

PD: I'm friend with lashman, he introduced me to this forum, I'm grateful for that.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!

First time posting here (and in a forum in general), wanted to let you guys know I'm playing Etrian Odyssey 2 (the remake one).

As a veteran of the game (played the original ones), I'm playing in hard mode. It's kinda beating my ass constantly, but I keep going. So if you guys have a good build/skill combos, the suggestions are appreciated.

PD: I'm friend with lashman, he introduced me to this forum, I'm grateful for that.
Welcome! <3

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I finished Supraland Six Inches Under. The main campaign doesn't overstay its welcome, the puzzles difficult is spot on and the ending boss was an improvement over fhe first game.

There are some post content to do after finishing the game, and I'm exploring the levels trying to find secrets that I've missed. I'm pretty sure I sequence break as I got an ability that was needed for some puzzles after finishing the game.

I highly recommend it for people already familiar with the first game, there is also a demo available.

Welcome!

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Got a real wildcard technical problem with my speakers, it's been going on a while.

It's these Creative Labs T20. Not great speakers, I know. Well, sometimes if they lose power, they just won't play audio. I basically know it's some systemic problem isolated to the speakers. The solution is always something to do with unplugging them and plugging them back in.

I noticed they would START to play audio if I unplugged them, as they lost power! So I tried it a few times, and this time I unplugged it and in the ~1/2 second where it started to play audio I plugged it back in, and it kept playing!

What the fuck is wrong with these speakers? I know I won't be buying another Creative Labs product again.

• Eyes

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada

Hello and welcome!

• This!

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Another anime game player. MC is turning into a wicked place! :loudly-crying-face:

/jk. Welcome onboard!

• Evil

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Welcome Otenko

I finished Supraland Six Inches Under. The main campaign doesn't overstay its welcome, the puzzles difficult is spot on and the ending boss was an improvement over fhe first game.

There are some post content to do after finishing the game, and I'm exploring the levels trying to find secrets that I've missed. I'm pretty sure I sequence break as I got an ability that was needed for some puzzles after finishing the game.

I highly recommend it for people already familiar with the first game, there is also a demo available.
Yeah i'm really enjoying it. Has a great feel to the game, just like the first. Im progressing at a nice pace, getting a bit stuck here and there but when you figure a puzzle out its great. Its like an RPG lite kind of game which suits me a lot at the mo. Nice exploration, get to a new area, spend a bit of time there, move on, combat is still rubbish but there isnt much of that so far.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
I thought I was going to buy a bunch of stuff during Hamble's winter sale since it's essentially the last time the 20% subscriber discount is going to be in effect, but I'm not really finding anything. The games I was considering are either not on sale at all or don't have deals as good as I was expecting, soo...

Also doesn't help that gg.deals apparently still hasn't realized that this sale is going on for whatever reason. isthereanydeal works fine, but I find the gg.deals interface much more convenient.
Good idea with Factorio. I am also finally gonna double dib on Trails of Cold Steel 3&4 .

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.