Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Man, I'll never install a mechanical drive again. A lot of games don't like em anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
There is NO UNINSTALL GAME button in Riot Launcher. What the actual hell?!

I tried the Riot games (LoL, Valo) from Game Pass and there was no way to uninstall the games from launcher itself. How is this shitty tactic even allowed?
Uninstalling from Control Panel isn't a big issue, problem is it encourages addictive behavior on those already hooked on these games.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
There is NO UNINSTALL GAME button in Riot Launcher. What the actual hell?!

I tried the Riot games (LoL, Valo) from Game Pass and there was no way to uninstall the games from launcher itself. How is this shitty tactic even allowed?
Uninstalling from Control Panel isn't a big issue, problem is it encourages addictive behavior on those already hooked on these games.
Yeah that shit doesn’t go away until you format your drives

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I've been playing midnight suns (well, trying to since I came down with a really annoying eye problem about the same time I started this) and having a better time with it than I expected. I think what holds it back from being great is how painfully bad the writing and banter between characters can often be and considering how much time is spent in the base and dealing with these characters it can really drag the game down. They also managed to create the single most annoying Tony Stark I've ever seen, like I really wish I could get him killed in this game.

But the gameplay elements of the base, like your upgrade systems and exploring around the base and solving puzzles to open up new parts of it is pretty engaging and more involved than I expected. And the card system is...fine I guess. I still prefer this being some kind of action RPG instead but it's not as annoying as I thought it would be.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I've been playing midnight suns (well, trying to since I came down with a really annoying eye problem about the same time I started this) and having a better time with it than I expected. I think what holds it back from being great is how painfully bad the writing and banter between characters can often be and considering how much time is spent in the base and dealing with these characters it can really drag the game down. They also managed to create the single most annoying Tony Stark I've ever seen, like I really wish I could get him killed in this game.

But the gameplay elements of the base, like your upgrade systems and exploring around the base and solving puzzles to open up new parts of it is pretty engaging and more involved than I expected. And the card system is...fine I guess. I still prefer this being some kind of action RPG instead but it's not as annoying as I thought it would be.
I've been playing it as well and though I am obviously deep in for card games, I've been liking the exploring and discovering secrets in the Abbey part WAY more than I thought.

The "superhero dorm" vibe of all the heroes hanging out is really appealing as well. Not quite a visual novel level, but you can definitely see little threads and side plots developing.

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
I do like achievements but the key is as soon as one stops being fun you stop. I rarely 100% anything and I'm cool with that. The idea that catching them all is in any way the goal should be discouraged.

The thing I like most about them is the stats. I like having timestamps for when I did a thing, I enjoy seeing global percentages for who killed a boss. I'm a sucker for stat tracking, the more the better. Heck I'd love it if it was possible to let me pop achievements multiple times(without wiping the original) so I'd have multiple playthrough stats.

As far as development goes I think if your specifically going out of your way to add content for the sake of them then your doing it wrong. If your game has no scope for achievements baring progress markers then that's fine, leave it that way.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah that shit doesn’t go away until you format your drives
You mean Vanguard anticheat? That can be fully uninstalled now when you remove Valorant.

Their own launch has no uninstall button. Pretty shitty.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I don't want to look at Persona or think about Persona for a long time. I enjoyed it, but good lord I am burnt out. And to celebrate completing a 100 hour RPG, I started Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, another 100 hour RPG.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

I don't want to look at Persona or think about Persona for a long time. I enjoyed it, but good lord I am burnt out. And to celebrate completing a 100 hour RPG, I started Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, another 100 hour RPG.
Preach, brother

(and I 100% Persona 4 during last year's Fall)

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Is it hard to get 100% achievements in Persona 5 without looking at guides?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Ubisoft should just return to do smaller scale games that passed as super productions, like in 2002-2006. It's clear they don't have the resources to shit out a new Assassin's Creed every year, nor people have any interest in buying them that often anymore.
And it's only bound to get worse. AAA development is unsustainable and will burst at some point.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So I feel like I wanna grab Midnight Suns as it it's still on sale. As a lover of Firaxis games and card games (like Slay the Spire and Monster Train) and I still enjoy MCU despite not having cared much about the TV show phase (did enjoy Loki, Falcon/WS, Moon Knight and Hawkeye), is the game for me?

Last edited:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
So I feel like I wanna grab Midnight Suns as it it's still on sale. As a lover of Firaxis games and card games (like Slay the Spire and Monster Train) and I still enjoy MCU despite not having cares much about the TV show phase (did enjoy Loki, Falcon/WS, Moon Knight and Hawkeye), is the game for me?
Absolutely.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
The Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund now owns 6.07% of Nintendo's shares. If the West regulators does not see that the parameters with which they compete in the global market of countries with this type of regime such as China or the oil countries, it has a serious problem.
That said, I am still amazed that not only Nintendo allowed themself being bough this way, step by step, which is already surreal, but Japan itself allows the operation. The SNK thing was already sad not long ago : (.

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Here's a short list of games I never played or only played for less than 30 minutes:

• Team Fortress 2
  • CounterStrike games
  • DOTA 2
  • Halo games
  • Fortnite
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Zelda games
  • Sonic games

and theres way more popular/iconic/classic franchises I never played because I hardly ever played on consoles (never owned one myself apart from a used PS3 for a while, and hardly ever played on that) and Im also not big into multiplayer/team based games (apart from WOW and Overwatch 1).

Conclusion: different people, different tastes/interests :p

Edit-i had "counterstrike 2" in the list. there was no CS2. It's just an assumption valve game names end with '2" by default ;p
But yeah, i didn't play any cs games. Maybe the original HL mod for half an hour?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.