Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018

If legit:

That's gonna make that game an EXTREMELY hard pass from me.

I was interested in Gotham Knights, until I learned it was GaaS. Same with this.... now I lose all interest. WB asking to go out of business making decisions like this.

• This!
Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
That's gonna make that game an EXTREMELY hard pass from me.

I was interested in Gotham Knights, until I learned it was GaaS. Same with this.... now I lose all interest. WB asking to go out of business making decisions like this.
Gotham Knights is not GaaS title.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Out now in Early access
The description:
"Theseus Protocol is a deck building roguelike where rebirth offers strategic opportunity. Utilize a powerful suite of cards and weaponry to uncover the cruel truth behind the dystopian sci-fi world of Mark City."

The images:
- it's all waifus

Note that I don't have anything against waifus. It's just not the first thing I expect when I read "dystopian sci-fi world" :p

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
The description:
"Theseus Protocol is a deck building roguelike where rebirth offers strategic opportunity. Utilize a powerful suite of cards and weaponry to uncover the cruel truth behind the dystopian sci-fi world of Mark City."

The images:
- it's all waifus

Note that I don't have anything against waifus. It's just not the first thing I expect when I read "dystopian sci-fi world" :p
:LOL: To be fair.. If a game mentions waifus in description its usually a hentai shovelware game and ignore list worthy.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
AW2 is still gonna bomb regardless because how niche the original game was and because of the EGS exclusivity.

However I've waited over 10 years for the sequel of one of my favorite games of all time and it seems like Epic is willing to fund it despite the little chance of success it will have.

I will be positively suprised if AW2 is a commercial success as I expect it to be a very expensive game to develop, Epic is handling employee salaries, marketing, everything, so there's a lot of burden on Epic's shoulders.

I did however get a bit dissapointed reading it will be a survival horror, but I have yet to see anything of gameplay, so my mind is still open.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Wizards of the Coast : Give me another gun ! Just fucking give me another one ! I'm not finished shooting at my foot !

I will die of acute messageboard drama.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Wizards of the Coast : Give me another gun ! Just fucking give me another one ! I'm not finished shooting at my foot !

I will die of acute messageboard drama.
Yeah what is happening exactly with them? I heard about drama but couldn't figure out why D&D fans are pissed

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Those Forspoken reqs are nuts

It's sadly got me a bit spooked though cos I was wanting to get a 3060Ti for my new build, it's expensive enough already without going to 3070 or more

Reactions: C-Dub

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah what is happening exactly with them? I heard about drama but couldn't figure out why D&D fans are pissed
Oh boy !

Hasbro/WotC are trying to fuck over the license they created years ago that allowed third party to freely publish D&D compatible products.
They have issued a non apology that hits all the bingo slots of the cynical non apology card (like 'we did that to fight hateful products, it was for youuu')
Latest rumor is they intend to try their hardest to make every players in a group pay a 30$ monthly sub to use their new virtual tabletop solution.

It's surely more complicated than that, but that's a good summary I think.

They are basically trying to make D&D as a service. In a vacuum, it's just regular 2023 shit, but the hobby never worked that way, and I feel it will continue to not work that way.

-

Meanwhile, I'm reading Pathfinder 2 and suffered multiple brain freezes just trying to understand stealth.
Don't get me wrong, it looks like a very solid system. But jeezus.

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
In all fairness the publisher nor devs have ever said so, which 4 months out is nuts

even more so crazy though is this appears to be a bloody pattern with games like this (see Destiny 1 and Avengers)

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, I am just waiting for my Pathfinder core rulebook to come as I am planning a dungeon crawler adventure. My first attempt at dming.

but yeah. It’s amazing how tone deaf WotC have been with this.

• This!
Reactions: QFNS and Li Kao

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
AW2 is still gonna bomb regardless because how niche the original game was and because of the EGS exclusivity.

However I've waited over 10 years for the sequel of one of my favorite games of all time and it seems like Epic is willing to fund it despite the little chance of success it will have.

I will be positively suprised if AW2 is a commercial success as I expect it to be a very expensive game to develop, Epic is handling employee salaries, marketing, everything, so there's a lot of burden on Epic's shoulders.

I did however get a bit dissapointed reading it will be a survival horror, but I have yet to see anything of gameplay, so my mind is still open.
It's going to bomb because Remedy is shit at creating a fanbase.
They had made like a dozen games with a dozen different exclusivity contracts on 5 different platforms.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

It's sadly got me a bit spooked though cos I was wanting to get a 3060Ti for my new build, it's expensive enough already without going to 3070 or more
These system requirements are sometimes overstated.

I’m more interested in the DF review as they will paint an accurate picture.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I wonder how they'll fuck it up. They could have a studio that isn't good at making action games take over. That's probably the most mundane outcome. Much spicier would be letting Platinum handle the gameplay and the story. Given the usual quality of P*'s in-house writing, and especially after Bayonetta 3, I can only imagine how much of a trainwreck that would be.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Dex....What the fuck did you think this game was going to be?
I didn't expect Battle Pass. And i had some hope that it will be more SP friendly than most other GaaS games because it is rocksteady.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

The requirements are likely not accurate.
They list 6700 XT for 1440p/30 and 6800 XT for 4k60, even though it seems like in many (if not most) games the 6800 XT performs worse at 4k than the 6700 XT at 1440p?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
That was my reaction to Pathfinder 2E as well. I think it's more rules/stats focused than I like.
Yeah, I should have read the 'Playing the game' part of the core rulebook tonight or tomorrow but I'm not hopeful. This is clearly a very solid ruleset, but I'm not certain I can integrate so many parameters. There is what, four fucking state of visibility. And all the conditions like Bleeding 1 for example.
I'm sure everything in understandable, with some learning pains, but I'm not sure about the cognitive charge1 once playing.
I mean, looking at a monster stat block seems like a good way to have a panic attack.

1 New expression I learnt in the forum drama. Nice.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019

If legit:

What am I missing here? Wasn't it known since the beggining this would be a live service game? Because it had plastered GaaS all over since the first moment, there was zero chance it wouldn't be. Why the sudden surprise?

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Suicide Squad sure always felt like a GaaS to me. I mean it's... "cousins" are pretty much that too.
And it's all wait&see, there are some games that can do a decent battle pass that don't get in the way (like Deeprock Galactic), and some that technically don't have a BP or anything like that and sure like them, even as SP games, so.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
At this point I don't really care if it's a gaas game, it's got the last stuff Kevin Conroy did before he passed away & it's seemingly a direct continuation of the stuff for the actual Arkham universe games so I'll buy it eventually

I'll give them a benefit of the doubt that Rocksteady can make a game that's less shit than whatever Gotham Knights was and I still want to buy that at some point so I mean... I'll go into it knowing they want to nickel and dime me.

I know it's some what unrelated but the Middle Earth Shadow of War (The second one) Originally made you pay for like loot boxes and raiding peoples castles and stuff and that was ridiculous but I bought the game when they removed all the paying for it with the GOTY edition of it and I thought the game was great.

So in that context that they're both WB games, although I don't really get how battlepass shit works but really it's a wait and see

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Tested out the wireless Stadia controller now the update is out. In Windows it exposes all the buttons, but Steam doesn’t (yet) pick up the screenshot and Google Assistant button, even though these are exposed to Windows.

I figure the Assistant button could be useful to access the Quick Access Menu and the screenshot button can be used for, well, screenshots.

Other than those two useless buttons it works flawlessly. No idea if rumble works yet, but again that’s something Valve can add if they’re so inclined.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
It will only be good if it branches. I don't want a re-telling of the books or Game. Time for an alt-branch DoD3 Style.
You watched it yet?
Cuz that's already strongly implied with episode 2 focusing entirely on a character from the stageplay that never appeared in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.