Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
WTF is up with these prices

Big fan of the original game, but I will probably wait for a sale. Have the money but I don't want to spend on any videogames now.

Oh and there's a bundle.
maybe they just don't want to sell any copies? :p
The developer said preorder of the physical version exceeded expectations. It's a cult classic so no surprise. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

EDIT: "don't want to spend on any videogames now".... I WAS WRONG

Last edited:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is being demoed at GB Fes this year. More details, possibly a release date, in about nine hours from the time of this post in the stream below:

It is slated to release this year and I really hope it does. I loved GBF, but fell off during 2020-2021 after several years of playing and just getting burnt out of grinding grids. I would go back in a heartbeat to a game in a different genre as I love the characters and setting. Apparently the gameplay is being described by folks as DMC-like. Some JP news impressions:

---

It should hopefully launch on Steam too:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
It means either that EGS games are selling utter shit overall or that the list is just for promo use.

Probably a bit of both.
I was implying the former. EGS sales are probably so low that it doesn't take much for something like Forspoken to place highly on their best sellers list.

Isn't this the game where Ubi tried to shoehorn NFTs? I guess it would be allowed on Steam because the NFT transactions took place on a different service and not in game?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I was implying the former. EGS sales are probably so low that it doesn't take much for something like Forspoken to place highly on their best sellers list.

Isn't this the game where Ubi tried to shoehorn NFTs? I guess it would be allowed on Steam because the NFT transactions took place on a different service and not in game?
They removed it because of course it didn't work.
Also, Forspoken looks very cool.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Stream next week.

Probably not the answer you're looking for but Zelda BOTW has an excellent LATAM localization
I have actually been meaning to mess around in BOTW before the sequel comes out so I may just give that a shot with emulation instead of getting a headache from the Switch framrerate.

I always recommend games with LOTS of text for these things. That means there are long games (Persona, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect when you read all the lore entries, etc). But also games that are just REALLY long will work too. The longer the game the more text you have to interact with.

You know what games are really long? MMOs. Play World of Warcraft on a Latin America server, or Elder Scrolls Online, or whatever strikes your fancy. I actually don't know if any of these support Spanish other than WoW, but I know WoW does. There's even global chat and other places where you can interact with people there.

Don't want to deal with humans? Totally fair, MMOs can be insane grinds and some people that play them can be toxic, horrible people. There are games that have tons of playtime like the Assassin's Creed games or Skyrim. I believe both have voice and text in Spanish so you should be able to immerse fairly well and they are quite long and have stories that people seem to like and can help pull you through the learning.

Another good option is a game that really engrosses you and wants you to keep playing like Civilization V or VI. The "one more turn" phenomena works just as well in other languages as in English and doing more and playing more will help expose you to all sorts of weird words. What is the Spanish phrase for "Oh no my town is about to revolt because that jerk Ghandi set them all on fire?" Time to learn! I only mention Civ V and VI here because I don't know if the older ones have as much voice and side text as the newer ones do. Maybe Civ IV and III are fine too, IDK.

I will say learning by playing videogames has some quirks where you will learn a lot of specialized language. So like knowing the Spanish word for monster or dagger or laser gun won't exactly help you in everyday life, but then again all the verbs and tenses should still apply. It's no substitute for conversation with another person, but hearing the language is absolutely important to becoming fluent, IMO.
I appreciate all the suggestions here! WoW and Skyrim are interesting thoughts because I know the games so well I could really focus on the language aspect and not have to worry about learning gameplay/systems at the same time. I am under no illusions this will make me fluent, I just view it as the next step to move beyond apps with their stilted sentences that aren't really conversational anyway.

Reactions: QFNS

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The Ubisoft launch prices have been so low that I have broken on all of the ones I wanted so far lol.

Does this just leave Far Cry 6 as the last remaining game to come to Steam?
Rainbow Six Extraction
Trackmania (already leaked)
Rocksmith +
Riders Republic
Rabbids Party of Legends
Monopoly Madness
The other 3 Anno history edition games that didn’t come to steam
Some other small games that probably aren’t coming

Upcoming
Oddballers (Originally planned for Steam, Ubisoft picked it up and its now Ubi only, Steam page is up but hidden.)
Skull and Bones (up for preorder on Ubi and EGS)
Assassin’s Creed Mirage (preorder on Ubi, Storepage on EGS)
The Settlers New Lands (Preorders on EGS/Ubi)
That new Avatar game
Division Heartland
XDeviant
Unknown Star Wars title
Prince of Persia remake

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Rainbow Six Extraction
Rocksmith +
Riders Republic
Rabbids Party of Legends
Monopoly Madness

Upcoming
Oddballers (Originally planned for Steam, Ubisoft picked it up and its now Ubi only, Steam page is up but hidden.)
That new Avatar game
Division Heartland
XDeviant
Unknown Star Wars title
Prince of Persia remake
Thanks for putting together a list! I'm really hoping that I don't have to wait on AC Mirage, Avatar, Star Wars, and the POP Remake.

• Love
Reactions: Arsene

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
Rainbow Six Extraction
Rocksmith +
Riders Republic
Rabbids Party of Legends
Monopoly Madness

Upcoming
That new Avatar game
Division Heartland
XDeviant
Unknown Star Wars title
Prince of Persia remake
They've just reworked the Ubi Connect stats screen for Trackmania. While there is 0 actual connection, I feel like it hints at a soon-ish Steam release - I would guess coinciding with the console release. That will probably occur at the start of the new seasonal campaign which is the 1st of April. Maybe they just wanna get it done and put it on Steam earlier than that, who knows...

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
They've just reworked the Ubi Connect stats screen for Trackmania. While there is 0 actual connection, I feel like it hints at a soon-ish Steam release - I would guess coinciding with the console release. That will probably occur at the start of the new seasonal campaign which is the 1st of April. Maybe they just wanna get it done and put it on Steam earlier than that, who knows...
Ubisoft actually added image assets for Trackmania to a new Ubi app a few weeks ago, and Ubisoft DMCA'd (lol) a reddit post reporting it. There's also an unknown F2P SteamApp owned by Ubisoft (leaked through Ubi Connect). But I definitely agree that its probably not gonna release until the new season + console release.

Also the Ubi app they added the trackmania images to, and the F2P SteamApp, are associated with the same Ubi ID (7015). So its 100% Trackmania 2020

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Ubisoft launch prices have been so low that I have broken on all of the ones I wanted so far lol.

Does this just leave Far Cry 6 as the last remaining game to come to Steam?
I mainly want Riders Republic. FC6 is one of the most boring and uninteresting games I've played the last few years.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Rainbow Six Extraction
Rocksmith +
Riders Republic
Rabbids Party of Legends
Monopoly Madness

Upcoming
That new Avatar game
Division Heartland
XDeviant
Unknown Star Wars title
Prince of Persia remake
Any chance of the Mario and Rabidds games releasing on PC, you think?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Granblue Fantasy Festival Day 1 is going live. Relink should be shown in like 7 hours though.

Edited to timestamp the gameplay stuff now the stream is done.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExistentialThought

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Breakpoint is shit, don't buy it. If it interests you just buy Wildlands. It's better (If you want to buy anything like that all related to ubisoft)
My source is I 100%ed wildlands in Co-Op and struggled to even complete the main storyline for breakpoint with the same person i Did co-op with. This is with the massive updates/changes to make it MORE like wildlands. We eventually changed the settings to be more like how the game originally launched because if you don't you're inadvertently nerfing yourself. How you might be asking yourself!

Well if you have it set to "Wildlands, basically" mode you don't get loot from boxes, enemies, "Bosses" so your gear can't be upgraded and you can't break down anything. So why does that matter? So you can't actually go onto or get into certain areas because that's still locked by an item level and weapons actually do more damage and you can get more life and get other things that are only obtainable being in that mode. AKA it's dumb as fuck.

Every time me and my co-op friend started playing it up we just went on and on about how why didnt they just do Wildlands, but a little bit better
not wheel reinvented with disco lights

Reactions: lashman

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Ill let you use your imagination on that one
The funny thing is since Mario + Rabbids 1 was the only nintendo game on the nVidia leak, if for some reason nintendo games appear on pc then Ubisoft are the ones that leaked it first, as usual

Reactions: lashman

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018

Now there are emoticon for Cat and Bunny in a blanket for the current Lunar Sale.

bought the pack with the emoticons, thx Valve!

Status
Not open for further replies.